SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Anti-rovers Setiment

americanrover

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also love the way that everybody having a pop at Rovers has forgot about the Van Persie incident against Southampton. He's being portrayed as the innocent party and yet he was also accused of elbowing Keiran Richardson against Utd in the league cup. It makes me laugh that a team who were very dirty just a year or two ago complain when we get stuck in. And they can also boast one of the most shameful moments in footballing history (the van nistelrooy penalty)!!!

I was reading the match report in an abandoned Mail on the train this morning. As you would expect from such a poisonous rag, the general sentiment was outrage. W@nkers.

Matt ; from the Sunday Times to the News of the World , they all crucified us ! Maybe they all should be abandoned smile.gif

I was reading the match report in an abandoned Mail on the train this morning. As you would expect from such a poisonous rag, the general sentiment was outrage. W@nkers.

Matt ; from the Sunday Times to the News of the World , they all crucified us ! Maybe they all should be abandoned smile.gif

Maybe.

The boys in the press box stick together and they usually take a collective line (safety in numbers !).

The problem is the media is London-based, whereas up to 15 years ago every national newspaper had a Manchester production base with its own staff that gave their Northern editions a strong regional flavour.

There is the added problem that the press have never forgiven Rovers for winning the title ten years ago.

Hughes is strong minded enough to ignore the criticism and to stick with the tactics that have taken Rovers out of the relegation zone. I fully expect Rovers to come out fighting on Wednesday night !

There is the added problem that the press have never forgiven Rovers for winning the title ten years ago.

I know we as fans theorise on that subject and we're probably right. Jim, as a member of the press, have you ever heard those sentiments aired in any form amongst your colleagues?

Edited by Rovermatt

After reading a couple of reports this morning (Guardian and Independent) it looks as though the anti-Rovers bandwagon has morphed into a juggernaut! I really do think Rovers should consider banning a few of these nationals from the press-box, after all what harm could it do, we very rarely recieve positive press anyway. That a family club, which is run by good honest people, can be savaged by hacks the way it has for the last couple of days, is scandalous. So ban them from the press box and let them pay for their seats like the rest of us...they offer us nothing ....lets give them nothing in return.......but not before Wednesday! Wednesday gives us the opportunity to vent our frustrations on the press scum...after all we know where they are sitting. Lets give them an uncomfortable evening.....I suggest a sustained chant of 'Scum scum..' or 'You don't know what yor writing...' whilst gesticulating in their general direction. Probably wont achieve anything but will make me feel a bit better!

Sensitive little darlings aren't we?

Fans of mediocre Burnley would just be glad to see their ickle name mentioned in the press for once eh Samuel!!!!! laugh.gif

My own two cents. I feel all we were guilty of was some poorly timed tackles. It's a man's game, it's the English game and not intended for little nancy boys from abroad.

I grew tired of listening to the bias but I am proud of Rovers. We go for the ball we go with our feet what I get tired of is seeing the Arse's etc get away with the pulling, holding and constant elbowing.

No one whined when Keane sliced Reid down a OT from behind, no one will bitch and moan when the Arse and Man U are fighting and clogging each other. Then it is simply described as healthy competitiveness. For me I'd say more of the same. Show 'em we won't be manipulated.

The Guardian was especially evil.Who do we write to and has anyone sent a barbed response yet?

The Observer and The Guardian are one and the same. I sent an e-mail yesterday, the address is on page 21 of the match thread.

Edited by Rovermatt

just been listening to 5 Live

Steve Claridge (i think) defending todd saying it was an accident - the (hate) mail reporter saying it was deliberate - I would believe the bloke who actually plays football myself

well yesterday Alvin Martin was saying that the police should be called in for Toddys 'attack'.

Well if they are called in, i hope Toddy tries to get the prick done for saying he did something he did not do

Edited by greggyk

After reading a couple of reports this morning (Guardian and Independent) it looks as though the anti-Rovers bandwagon has morphed into a juggernaut! I really do think Rovers should consider banning a few of these nationals from the press-box, after all what harm could it do, we very rarely recieve positive press anyway. That a family club, which is run by good honest people, can be savaged by hacks the way it has for the last couple of days, is scandalous. So ban them from the press box and let them pay for their seats like the rest of us...they offer us nothing ....lets give them nothing in return.......but not before Wednesday! Wednesday gives us the opportunity to vent our frustrations on the press scum...after all we know where they are sitting. Lets give them an uncomfortable evening.....I suggest a sustained chant of 'Scum scum..' or 'You don't know what yor writing...' whilst gesticulating in their general direction. Probably wont achieve anything but will make me feel a bit better!

Just out of interest, where IS the press box ? Is it the one with the Radio Rovers hoardings (or is that just the Radio Rovers guys) ?

Fair enough.

Is that how long it takes them to crank the cogs into motion at the FA?

At the FA after a football weekend:-

Monday - Eat drink, drink, be merry and count all the cash from the fine games at Cardiff

Tuesday - Decide to start governing the game again.

Just out of interest, where IS the press box ? Is it the one with the Radio Rovers hoardings (or is that just the Radio Rovers guys) ?

Glenn, don't remember seeing any hoardings but I think the press area is the block in the Lower tier, on about half way, in the West Stand. I remember looking over there and it looked to be a block with tables/desks instead of seats! And when there was that fuss about Mourinho I seem to remember there were folk saying how could the journos tell exactly what was going on when they were on the other side of the pitch from the dugouts.

Over to jim to confirm.

So they'd have had a good view of Savage's tackle on Fabregas, hardly the best view of the Todd/van Persie incident. Still, as with the Mourinho flak, what does seeing what happened matter? There's a story to write.

Glenn, the press-box at Ewood is the area behind where the directors sit in the upper-tier of the Jack Walker (central under the TV gantry).

the press-box at Ewood is the area behind where the directors sit

Bugger, that's that idea gone for a burton.

Not if the chant makes it clear who the hate is being directed to.

I would abgsolutely love it if they got a bit of a spray.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.