BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Poll - Falling Attendances.

Tris

What do you think is the biggest contributing factor in the alarming decrease in our crowds?  

254 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the biggest contributing factor in the alarming decrease in our crowds?

• Overprice tickets
    • Poor standard of entertainment
    • Lack of atmosphere these days
    • Petty stewards
    • No terracing
    • Unable to identify with players these days
    • Too much football on TV

This poll is closed to new votes

I'd like to see the seats at the front of the stands sold cheaper, especially in the Darwen End. They are always empty and the view isn't great. In addition, at the moment, you can have a good crowd on, but when you see MOTD that night it looks like your playing in a morgue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another poor crowd yesterday to be honest, around 18,000 Rovers with the rest from Norwich...surprised with their good following.

Sorry,but It says something not too good when fans of 'The Canaries' can take the pish out of our support.

Lets all hope a few more performances like that at home will entice the stay aways back.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Dissapointing attendance again yesterday. But playing at home to a team struggling like ourselves isn't going to bring the casual fans out.

With a good win and a good performance, please hoping for a win next Sunday, some fans may come back.

Will the club do the scheme of kid for a quid when we play Southampton at home? dry.gif

The performances are getting better and I bet that this time next year the attendances will have risen, even if it's just slightly.

Not sure we'll ever get above 25,000 on a sustained basis - the town isn't big enough, is too close to other clubs with partisan support and the BRFC brand does not command the following of the usual suspects.

JW and the board have probably recognised this and are trying to manage the club's finances on that basis.

It doesn't mean we have crap support, any more than Burnley, Preston or Bolton - all of whom will never get much more than 25,000 regardless of what league they are in, despite the protestations of some of the more primitive examples of the species.

rover.gif the nooooorwich fans were singing 'THIS GROUNDS TOO BIG FOR YOU'

too which me and junior sung back' THIS LEAGUES TOO HARD FOR YOU'

did anyone see the norwich fan with tweety pie on his head,they were the most friendlest fans we have had at ewood this season,most off them realise this season is a one off. tinykit.gif

Their fans and players were a delight.

Remember, that was our 3rd home win of the season.To improve the crowds, the team needs to play quality, winning football.

A statement echoed in every boardroom bar 2 or 3 in the land...... and even at Chelsea only 50% of that statement applies.

• 2 months later...

rover.gif will we beat this gate tomorrow,i thought with it being the last game a few may come out off the woodwork,really we should have made more off it as a club as this season has been a real turn around.

THANK YOU MARK HUGHES tinykit.gif

• 2 weeks later...

When looking at our ebbing support, it is worth pointing out that for the second season running, we have recorded the worst home form of the non-relegated clubs by some margin.

In coming 15th two seasons running, our combined record has been:

Played 38 Won 10 Drawn 12 Lost 16

To what extent emptying terraces are feeding poor performances or poor performances are losing us the fans, there has got to be a relationship between the two factors.

Clearly there has got to be some significant movement on the transfer front to generate a feel good factor amongst the fans this summer.

And talking of next season's season tickets, Chelsea have increased the price for prime seats near the halfway line from £1,750 to £6,000 !!!

Even their seriously rich executive season ticket holders are not happy.

And talking of next season's season tickets, Chelsea have increased the price for prime seats near the halfway line from £1,750 to £6,000 !!!

Even their seriously rich executive season ticket holders are not happy.

Well over £300.00 per game! Nice one Kenyon..... stiff the southern numpties good and hard. In fact give em one for us. dry.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

At Ewood, they have every customers names and addressed, and a full record of who attended (or not) which games for the past x years.

And therein lies another tale.

Every year a relative of mine buys merchandise from the Rovers catalogue for Christmas presents. And every year she has to ring up the Rovers store to ask them to send her the latest catalogue.

Her address/credit card details are on the database so why is the catalogue not sent automatically? Why is the club not bombarding her two or three times a year with literature to spend on Rovers products?

If the commercial department cannot make use of that sort of information at their disposal it does not give me much hope that those responsible for ticket sales are any more efficient.

Cue someone now leaping to their defence.

That is quite sad jim, especially after I have just read an article about Manchester Utd's marketing techniques. Quite outstanding. If I can somehow post it on the board I will. Makes for interesting reading. Well for a PR/Marketing student as myself it does anyway smile.gif

• 3 months later...

Yes but it's a daft article because Man U take far more fans away than any team but because they don't travel as far it doesn't count. Similarly a lot of Midlands clubs will take loads but don't have as many long trips. Pathetic away fans? Try telling that to the 1200+ that watched that rubbish down at West Ham.

I couldn't believe the ST holders who were missing yesterday having given up on the Rovers, at least 20 long time blues ST holders have deserted them inthe seats near me in the JW Upper (NO I don't have B O !!); this includes people who have been to a number of away games in recent seasons. sad.gif

Their ST seats have been replaced by those further back in the JW who have moved down to get a better seat.

The problem is that they find other interests and no longer turn up to the odd match as walk ons. sad.gif

We really have some desperate issues here with the Rovers support dropping by 2K every season...this threatens our Premiership viability. sad.gif

Hmmm 16,953 dry.gif

Let's say capacity crowds of 32,000 contain 8,000 visitors.

That leaves 24,000 Rovers fans max.

So 16,953, with few from Fulham, leaves us 7,000 short.

Considering the price and the sterile dross served up in recent years, some might say that ain't too bad.

Wonder what all those thousands of bored schoolkids were doing yesterday? - opportunity missed messrs Williams, Beamish et al.

tinykit.gifcool.gif

The other big worry is where has the Corporate support gone?

No longer any sponsorship of the Family Stand with Rock FM gone along with their programme adverts!!

No Orange Man of the Match or adverts again!!

5 Corporate boxes at the BBE empty withou tenants (or was it 6?) rather than the usual one!! At 27K per box plus profits from the booze bills this is a mega loss.

Are we in the s**t?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.