SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton 0 - 0 Rovers

Scotty

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

correct me if im wrong but did matt jansen score a hat-rick at the reebok in our promotion season? i think we won 4-1????

withstupid.gif

345279[/snapback]

It was 4-1 but Jansen didnt get a hat-rick. I think the goals were scored by Bent, Hignett, Dunn and Jansen but not sure. Ricketts scored for them.

It was 4-1 but Jansen didnt get a hat-rick. I think the goals were scored by Bent, Hignett, Dunn and Jansen but not sure. Ricketts scored for them.

345283[/snapback]

hell of a game tho eh, i was steaming that day!!

performance like that would be immense.

as for jansens last hat-rick, i belive it was arsenal at home in the worthington cup?? 2002!! biggrin.gif

I hope our line-up will look something like this.

Friedel

Neill - Todd - Matteo - Gresko

Savage

Reid        Bentley

Bellamy               Pedersen
            Kuqi

Bellamy must be given a bit more free role then MGP, because you won't see him track back anyway. Reid have to put in a good defensive performance and cover the space Beallmy would be leaving on the right when bolton attack.

This is a solid formation IMO, and if we could get it to work I think we'll get some good results. We should try hitting bolton on the break, and hopefully Bellamy's pace will give us some clear cut chances.

When Bolton are on the attack we should be looking something like this. Kugi have the work-rate to do some defensive work, so we have to leave Bellamy up front threating the space behind the bolton defense:

Friedel

Neill - Todd - Matteo - Gresko

Reid   Savage  Bentley Pedersen

Kuqi   

Bellamy                     

Edited by krislu

Neill back Todd out, shake it all about.

Bolton losing home to Everton then winning away to West Ham probably confirms that Bolton are a tidy outfit this season headed for a finish around 8th. Beatable if you have a bit of class and steel but good enough to be sure to take all three points from teams with weaknesses.

Question is, what are Rovers?

Looks like being a markedly different line-up with two probable debutants and Bellamy starting again after the false start at Upton Park.

Surely Rovers will play in both halves unlike the two previous away games but whether we have enough to take anything from the Reebok is a big test for Hughes.

My bet is an encouraging performance in a 1-0 defeat and worrying glances at upcoming fixtures.

The thing with Bolton is you know exactly how they are going to play. Long balls to Davies, long throws to Davies. They just lump it in there and pick up the peices. We have an unsettled defence, I'm worried about this fixture. Although it is one of my favourite games of the season.

Everton showed how to win there - Prepare and defend properly you are guaranteed a point. Take your chance and then you have three. Granted they rode their luck in that particular game but they deserved three points from how they defended.

Much will depend on Bellers fitness. However, we won't score more than 1 there.

I am fully expecting to get beat 1-0. Watching us away from home is at times painful.

Edited by Martin

Nice preview, rovers will win it as always. wink.gif

We play 4141, fast-counter them where possible, exploit their slow defence hopefully with bell's pace.

Heres my team ;

Friedel

Neill, Moko, Nelsen, Matteo

Tugay

Reid, Bentley Savage, Pedersen

Bellamy

Sub : Enks, Gresko, Emerton, Jansen, Kuqi

Rovers 2-0 bellamy and savage for us. rover.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.