BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton 0 - 0 Rovers

Scotty

Jansen's done nothing because all we've done is have Matteo or Mokoena hoof the ball to the opposition.  We could have Henry up there and he would have done nothing.

I don't think I can stand another half like the first, it just makes me angry...I thought football was entertainment?

346107[/snapback]

And Kuqi did way more than Jansen because....?

I couldn't understand Bert staying on and MGP going off - I feel that cost us the win as we still only had 10 playing.

The new boys looked good and well done Neill - He's looking th real deal this season.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Backroom

Very, very boring match. I suppose we should be happy with a point at the reebok, but we could have played until midnight and not scored. Bentley impressed me when he came on, a bit of flair in an otherwise dead boring team. MGP was quieter than usual. I forgot Emerton and Jansen were on the pitch in the first half...

The second half certainly was much better than the first. Both Bentley and Kuqi were impressive. Bentley brought a new dimension into the game while Kuqi fought hard, winning headers. Reid has a powerful shot, wonderfully saved by Jussie. Neil and Zurab deserve a mention as well. So does Nelsen.

The worst Rovers player in my opinion today? As usual, Emerton.

What dire a game of football. I gave up watching the first half and concentrated on the All Ireland Hurling final between Cork and Galway, which was 10 times as exciting and which Cork won again. The second half was marginally better, but Rovers scraped and deserved a point. Bentley looked quite promising when he came on and Zurab had a solid debut. I felt sorry for Jansen. He was having long balls pumped up to him, with no support. I'm sure that he must be improving, because Hughes wouldn't play him otherwise. But we would have seen more of him had another striker played. I hope that this 4-5-1 formation won't be the norm for the season, because it is crap! It is probably a major factor in the falling attendances. Hopefully we can see two up front against Newcastle, with Bellamy ripping them to shreads and sticking it to Souness.

Edited by RoyRover

Terrible game. No wonder attendances are dropping. I feel asleep during the first half.

Only after bringing on Bentley did we look like having any sort of effect. Gaining some sort of goal threat after 60 minutes is just not good enough, we just don't have the quality for 4-5-1 to work.

Edited by Rovermatt

I hope that this 4-5-1 formation won't be the norm for this season, because it is crap! It is probably a major factor in the falling attendances.

4-5-1 is pointless,boring,not needed and not wanted by the paying supporter...we were a much better side the second half,we actually had a shot on goal!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif

Can someone have a word with Mr Burns too while we're at it.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Second half was much better, especially when our subs came on. Bentley made everyone look good, after he was brought on we strung passes together and I counted three backheels that successfully found their targets - we were much closer to being the Rovers team that I want to watch. Kuqi was far more of a threat than Jansen was, made Bolton's backline work hard, and he seems to be getting close to scoring his first goal. Emerton got better with Bentley too, and robbed the ball from Campo twice. I thought our worst performer was either Mokoena or Savage - their passing along with Reid's was pretty off. Zura performed well alongside Nelsen - on TV I can't tell them apart though! I think we benefited from his extra height and pace. Didn't seem suspect in the air either, like some have been suggesting.

I'm pleased with the point, but I think from our second half performance we deserved three.

matty was not good by any stretch, but we can't just blame the lad himself for his game today...the service was awful. how the (Please don't use that word again) do we expect this lad to get back to somewhere near his best when all we do is pump the ball forward for the bolton defence to eat up the headers all day long.....

mokoena, well he did bugger all and i know that he sat infront of the defence...but i would rather have taken more of a risk and kept morten on and brought bentley on for mokoena and play four across the middle with two upfront. anyway, we got a point and thoroughly deserved it.

That game totally sums up why people just arent going to live matches. Pay £32 to watch that !!!!

Im a season ticket holder at Ewood and evn i couldnt get excited about that game. What chance do we have getting the armchair fan to cough up and got to a live match if thats what they get for thei money.

Apart from that please with the two debutants and Lucas Neil wish he was English!!

rover.gif

We certainly looked better when Bentley came on but for heaven's sake why he came on for MGP and not Emerton I can't understand. Kuqi livened things up but that's all he's going to do on his own. Looked strong at the back and Zigazigahhh looked okay. Let's face it, was never going to be a classic..!

That game totally sums up why people just arent going to live matches. Pay £32 to watch that !!!!

Im a season ticket holder at Ewood and evn i couldnt get excited about that game. What chance do we have getting the armchair fan to cough up and got to a live match if thats what they get for thei money.

rover.gif

346125[/snapback]

Very true sausage! I couldn't even be arsed watching it on tv, let alone going to the match itself which I've done for donkeys years.

Travelled through Darwen & Blackburn half an hour before kick off and there were loads of Rovers fans in shirts all making their way to pubs to watch it for nowt.

Decent enough point, Rovers coming stronger in the second half after a poorish first half. Graham Poll had ten minutes before half time when he gave everything to Bolton and booked Matteo and Savage- why?

Encouraged by Zura and Bentley, Reid looked a notch below today. Kuqui just isn't a Prem player. Jansen's movement was back to the Jansen of old- shame nobody could get the ball to him.

Potential costly comedy moments from our two Australians- Bert falling over the ball dribbling out of defence and sending it backwards to a Bolton forward on the edge of the area and Neill chosing a drven volley (woefully executed) when a defender's lob would have found the empty net.

I'm happy with the point but could/should have been three.

For a while I have been fearing a big press attack on the cagey 451 formation adopted by so many 'unfashionable' teams, after this game was shown live on Sky I fear we may just get hit with the brunt of the attack.

Having said that I'm pleased with a point. Any point away from home is golden.

Jansen on his own is a recipe for disaster - he needs to play in a two. Conversely Kuqi is ideal for the lone striker role. He's robust and awkward, I know who the Bolton defence had a harder time against.

Nelson was brilliant as usual. He just gets better and better.

Zura looked o.k - looks comfortable on the ball. But then again at times so does Lorenzo Amoruso.

Savage should be fined for his booking. Matteo's booking was a joke. The major plus from today was Bentley. He looked comfortable and assured on the ball and happy to play with either boot. He's been schooled well and if we use him correctly he could be a real find.

All in all a good days work. Roll on Saturday. tinykit.gif

I'm afraid that if that match was representative of top flight football then it won't be long before the game dies on it's arse. Two teams set up not to lose the game rather than trying to win the game, trying to grind out some sort of result to get towards the 40 point mark.

After about 30 minutes Brad Friedel launched a free kick from inside his own half which overshot our forwards by 30 yards and ended up straight in the arms of Jaskelinan (or however it's spelt)

Andy Gray's comment: "Is that the first effort on target?" Sad but true. sad.gif

As for us Kuqi showed up better than Jansen up front. Prior to MGP going off I thought the only timwe we looked competent going forward was when the ball was switched left to him. Quite how he was sacrificed before the bumbling Emerton is a strange one.

I thought Mokoena was quite effective in doing what he does best, breaking up the copposition. Hardly noticed Zurab was on the pitch.

I thought long and hard about going to this one before declining. For those that did pay 32 quid to watch garbage like that - I salute you.

Well the first 60 minutes were some of the most dire I've ever seen. Andy Gray had it spot on when he said we were just cancelling each other out completely. The substituions seemed to spark some life into proceedings and we actually seemed intent on getting a goal from then in - encouraging display from Bentley, and for all his shortcomings, Kuqi saw more of the ball in 30 minutes than Jansen and Emerton did between them. Hopefuly Bentley can provide that crucial missing component between middle and front.

I'm afraid that if that match was representative of top flight football then it won't be long before the game dies on it's arse. Two teams set up not to lose the game rather than trying to win the game, trying to grind out some sort of result to get towards the 40 point mark.

After about 30 minutes Brad Friedel launched a free kick from inside his own half which overshot our forwards by 30 yards and ended up straight in the arms of Jaskelinan (or however it's spelt)

Andy Gray's comment: "Is that the first effort on target?" Sad but true.  sad.gif

As for us Kuqi showed up better than Jansen up front. Prior to MGP going off I thought the only timwe we looked competent going forward was when the ball was switched left to him. Quite how he was sacrificed before the bumbling Emerton is a strange one.

I thought Mokoena was quite effective in doing what he does best, breaking up the copposition. Hardly noticed Zurab was on the pitch.

I thought long and hard about going to this one before declining. For those that did pay 32 quid to watch garbage like that - I salute you.

346136[/snapback]

Maybe i was caught up too much in the good atmosphere created by the Rovers fans but i thought we were much the better side in the second half and did all the pressing. When Bentley and Kuqi came on we looked much better.

Jansen was left with no support up front and didnt stand any chance against those 2 huge centre halfs. Is it not a good thing if you didnt notice our centre half was on the pitch? Surely that means we were never under much pressure. Emerton was poor until Bentley and Kuqi came on then looked much more lively.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.