BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton 0 - 0 Rovers

Scotty

I hope our line-up will look something like this.

Friedel

Neill - Todd - Matteo - Gresko

Savage

Reid        Bentley

Bellamy               Pedersen
            Kuqi

Bellamy must be given a bit more free role then MGP, because you won't see him track back anyway. Reid have to put in a good defensive performance and cover the space Beallmy would be leaving on the right when bolton attack.

This is a solid formation IMO, and if we could get it to work I think we'll get some good results. We should try hitting bolton on the break, and hopefully Bellamy's pace will give us some clear cut chances.

When Bolton are on the attack we should be looking something like this. Kugi have the work-rate to do some defensive work, so we have to leave Bellamy up front threating the space behind the bolton defense:

Friedel

Neill - Todd - Matteo - Gresko

Reid   Savage  Bentley Pedersen

Kuqi   

Bellamy                     

345501[/snapback]

where is ryan nelson????? and todd still able to play??

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GRESKO, MATTEO IS PANTS

346031[/snapback]

No need to shout, never mind talking nonsense with it.

Matteo is so rubbish he was an integral part of the 2nd best defence in the league 2nd half of last season....

In fact pray tell, what has he done wrong recently?

Having never lived in in Blackburn (England for that matter) I have never learned to fully hate all of our cross town rivals. I hate to say that as a result I do not feel the same anomosity towards Bolton that a lot of other supporters do (well except for Camel Spit). I dare say even that I am actually a fan of Big Sam and actually like the guy. To go even further I won $400 on a bet when I picked Bolton to beat Chelsea a couple of seasons back.

Yet through it all I know where my alligences lie and that is the blue and white. Bet this one won't even be that physical.

Rovers 2

Reid

MGP

Bolton 0

No need to shout, never mind talking nonsense with it.

Matteo is so rubbish he was an integral part of the 2nd best defence in the league 2nd half of last season....

In fact pray tell, what has he done wrong recently?

346032[/snapback]

I'd say the whole West Ham game was pretty awful.

I think Gresko has done well, especially the last game he came on. Worked out fine defensively, and obviously offer a lot more in the attacking play than Matteo.

I would really like to see this lineup today, agree with the "Zurab for bench" crew above- even though I do not know enough about him to really agree.

Friedel

Neill, Nelsen, Matteo, Gresko

Emerton, Reid, Tugay, Savage, MGP

Kuqi or Bellamy or whoever fit.

I'd say the whole West Ham game was pretty awful.

I think Gresko has done well, especially the last game he came on. Worked out fine defensively, and obviously offer a lot more in the attacking play than Matteo.

I would really like to see this lineup today, agree with the "Zurab for bench" crew above- even though I do not know enough about him to really agree.

Friedel

Neill, Nelsen, Matteo, Gresko

Emerton, Reid, Tugay, Savage, MGP

Kuqi or Bellamy or whoever fit.

346056[/snapback]

I'm not convinced about Gresko. He was pretty poor before he got injured and was a bit of a liability. Some people always seem to think that players coming back from injury are better than what we've already got. "We'll be better once 'insert player' is back"

That said I'd have him in for this one (or Gray) as Matteo needs to tuck inside.

No way would I play Tugay. Not his sort of game at all!

True. I guess a 4-4-2 could be in order, with either Bellamy or Dickov coming back from injury. Dickov/Kuqi seems scrappy though.

I am a bit worried that Savage and Reid in central midfield will be a bit scrappy aswell, neither of them are great passers. Plus, Sav likes to run halfway across the pitch to chase the ball (or the player!) and that usually leaves a great space behind him. Which is kinda ok with both Tugay and Reid there, but if we have 4 men in midfield - it might be hardt.

So basically, I want 4-5-1, at least if Bellamy isn't fit.

Be interesting to see how jansen performs, hope he shows that match winning potential!!!

I have palpatations everytime I see Matteo's name on the team sheet.

Come on lads, make my sunday!!!!

Think bentley will get a run in the second half...

Prediction?

Cards and a few goals, have a bad feeling but if we play as well as we can and everyone performs will win. Depends also on how often the ref will be conned by diouf's antics rolleyes.gif

Well...that's the worst I've ever seen us play, we're about as entertaining as a lettuce. I imagine we don't pass much better than a vegetable either. The horrible thing is...I imagine Hughes will be happy with that, nevermind that we're pathetic on the ball...we haven't conceded (yet).

Savage is a grade A prick as well. Hopefully Bentley will come on in the second half for Mokoena and we'll go a bit more attacking. Hah! Sorry, what was I thinking? That will never happen.

Jansen's done nothing because all we've done is have Matteo or Mokoena hoof the ball to the opposition. We could have Henry up there and he would have done nothing.

I don't think I can stand another half like the first, it just makes me angry...I thought football was entertainment?

My eyes crusted over watching the first half, I decided to walk back upstairs to the comp just to get my heart to pump again. I'm glad we haven't conceded, but bookings are coming in already, Reid'll get one for sure at this rate. Mokoena's passing has been poor, but I won't pick on him cause no one has really done anything worthwhile. Although I like Zura so far.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.