Huddersfield Cup Game - Are you going  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Huddersfield Cup Game - Are you going

• Yes, I have my ticket
    • Maybe, but haven't got a ticket yet
    • No and I could have been, I simply don't want to be / can'r be botherd
    • No, because other comitments take precidence
    • No, because I feel it's too much money for a game like this
    • No, becuase I live too far from Ewood for a game like this (although I live within the UK)
    • No, becuase I live too far from Ewood for a game like this (I don't live within the UK)
    • No, for different reason all together
    • Lee Grooby stole my ticket

This poll is closed to new votes

The Hudds fans were a credit to their club,they were still coming into the ground at nearly half time!...I wonder when was the last time they had a following like that? ohmy.gif

348622[/snapback]

Chris who did the preview interview assures me that they took more to Cardiff for the play-off final two seasons ago than we did for the FA Cup semi.

It was a thoroughly entertaining match, and it was good to see a lower league team try and play football instead of just lumping the ball forward, which with Booth up front must have been a temptation. It's easy to see why they are doing so well in Div 1.

How did those who watched via teletext (or whatever media they could be bothered to use) feel the match went?

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, does anyone else think that David Bentley truly beleives he`s David Beckham?

Even the way he kicks the ball is the same.

348617[/snapback]

Unbelievable

me and my mate were saying this all through the game last night.

How he runs , how he kicks the ball how he passes, he's like a replica.

Hope his free kicks are as good !

Some people have been advocating dropping Todd (our player of the season two years running!) for Zurab. I see it very differently, the obvious move would be to drop Neill and move Zurab across! smile.gif

348621[/snapback]

Exactly what I was thinking TD.

Agree with the good entertainment for a tenner bit as well.

I Think this has been a great result and the team as a whole played well.

Up front Bellamy was amazingly quick - I knew he was fast but Christ on a bike he left everybody else looking like they were having a jog in the park. His finishing was good and I think that we will soon see him knocking them in the league.

I agree with the previous posts RE Dickov - He seemed lacking in sharpness (although that could be just lack of games) and his passing was well off.

I Thought Emerton had a reasonable game nothing too outstanding but a solid performance (although he still did too many runs then stop and turn round).

Bentley showed touches of brilliance although I think he tended to drift inside quite a lot and was a little quiet. He did try a great little lob and was unfortunate to see the ball bounce off the roof of the net. He is shaping up to be a good player and with a few more games under his belt will undoubtedly will be an asset for the team.

In the centre Savage had his usual game gave 100% closed down early and generally worked his socks off. If he did a couple of sloppy passes then it is a small price to pay for the good he does during the rest of the game.

Tugay had his usual game (and once of twice was showboating) although I thought he did show his age in the latter parts of the second half and looked tired.

I thought Gray had a good game especially after so long out and going forward helped out on that left hand side.

On the other side Neill looked a little shy at going forward but other than that seemed to have a reasonable game.

Nelsen and Zurab both had reasonable games and there was nothing really to complain about.

Fiedel did seem unusually jittery and indecisive but did pull off a couple of good saves.

I do have praise left for Huddersfield both the team and their fans - the team came with intension of playing football and winning the game and there was none of the going to ground when a Blackburn player looked in their direction like we are seeing with some premiership opposition. The Huddersfield fans we a credit - they sang and cheered their team and totally drowned out the home support at times and at the end of the game you would have thought they were the winners for the cheers they gave their team.

rover.gif How does it make you feel being a better supporter than others? tinykit.gif

348643[/snapback]

That's a leading question. wink.gif

As for the game I can't decide whether 442 leaves us dreadfully open at the back or Huddersfield played excellently. A combination of the both would probably be about right.

Bellamy's pace is scary. Their defence may have been a league 1 defence but unless the opposition has Linford Christie and Donovan Bailey at centre half any team will struggle against him. Despite 442 leaving us more vunerable than 451 Bellamy looked far more effective in a two. He is suprisingly unselfish at times.

For all Dickov's hard work last season I thought he was awful last night. The only thing that worries me Kuqi isn't exactly blessed with technical ability and that will frustrate the hell out of Bellamy. I'd pair Bellamy with Jansen.

Something intersting I only found at last night it that the players arrive 4 to 4 and half hours before kick off for home games. Under Souness they arrived 1 and half hours before kick off. Go figure.

An enjoyable night. Although I hear teletext was pretty good. biggrin.gif

Something intersting I only found at last night it that the players arrive 4 to 4 and half hours before kick off for home games. Under Souness they arrived 1 and half hours before kick off. Go figure.

An enjoyable night. Although I hear teletext was pretty good.  biggrin.gif

348649[/snapback]

HEs been here a year and done that since game 1 and you only just found out?

What kind of fan are you? cool.gif

Edited by stuwilky

Reading the hudds mb's and their fans seem very angry with Rovers that the kick-off was not delayed....I thought the decision to delay a game ultimately laid with the police?Many are claiming the stewards were some of the most disorganised they have ever encountered!

It would appear the amount of travelling fans who turned up on the night caught Rovers completely off guard.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Unbelievable

me and my mate were saying this all through the game last night.

How he runs , how he kicks the ball how he passes, he's like a replica.

Hope his free kicks are as good !

348629[/snapback]

I said this to the bloke who sits next to me on Saturday but haven't mentioned it on here for fear of ridicule! unsure.gif He really does look just like a young Beckham, if he has half the talent we are on a winner. On the basis of the two games I've seen I feel we have a really good player on our hands.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.