Huddersfield Cup Game - Are you going  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Huddersfield Cup Game - Are you going

• Yes, I have my ticket
    • Maybe, but haven't got a ticket yet
    • No and I could have been, I simply don't want to be / can'r be botherd
    • No, because other comitments take precidence
    • No, because I feel it's too much money for a game like this
    • No, becuase I live too far from Ewood for a game like this (although I live within the UK)
    • No, becuase I live too far from Ewood for a game like this (I don't live within the UK)
    • No, for different reason all together
    • Lee Grooby stole my ticket

This poll is closed to new votes

Similarly I am sure there are other board members, such as myself, who dont have a massive post count, but will consider themselves just as established in their own way, due to the number of times they visit the board without posting.

348472[/snapback]

Without wanting to stray off topic that's a good point and I'm glad someone else has noticed it. There are a significant number of members whom we observe visiting but who rarely post.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this 'I can't be bothered to go' rubbish is doing my head in!

If you can't afford to go fine, I have no problem with that.

But if you simply can't be bothered, you ought to be ashmamed of yourselves.

Yes, we are playing boring football and yes Souness came back and stuffed us 3-0, but this is Blackburn Rovers, your Blackburn Rovers and they need you more than ever.

Remember the summer when there was no football? What would you have given then for a game like this? £10 at most - a bargain in my eyes.

I will be making a 210 mile round trip from Scunthorpe for the game, so those of you closer to Ewood who just can't be bothered should think again.

I go to watch Blackburn Rovers because rightly or wrongly I love my club. Every time I go I like to think in some small way I am helping the club and doing my bit. So I'm urging all those who can't be bothered to do your bit and help our club.

For all those who who attend the game I salute you.  thumbs-up.gif

348208[/snapback]

Well said Martin, everything you said applies also to me except that in my case the round trip is approx 450 miles, usually by train plus an overnight stay. I aim to see about 10 games a year (all I can afford).

Of course "I can't be bothered" is an excuse.  There are reasons why people can't be bothered and until the club, and football in general, address those reasons then attendances will continue to fall.

And what gives people like you the right to tell any of us what we should and shouldn't do?

348444[/snapback]

100% correct. "Can't be bothered" is an excuse, it certainly isn't a reason .

And why shouldn't Martin make comments about attending? The fact he is a student and a season ticket holder with a 200 mile round trip does give him some room to comment on others non-attendance.

All this 'I can't be bothered to go' rubbish is doing my head in!

If you can't afford to go fine, I have no problem with that.

But if you simply can't be bothered, you ought to be ashmamed of yourselves.

Yes, we are playing boring football and yes Souness came back and stuffed us 3-0, but this is Blackburn Rovers, your Blackburn Rovers and they need you more than ever.

Remember the summer when there was no football? What would you have given then for a game like this? £10 at most - a bargain in my eyes.

I will be making a 210 mile round trip from Scunthorpe for the game, so those of you closer to Ewood who just can't be bothered should think again.

I go to watch Blackburn Rovers because rightly or wrongly I love my club. Every time I go I like to think in some small way I am helping the club and doing my bit. So I'm urging all those who can't be bothered to do your bit and help our club.

For all those who who attend the game I salute you.  thumbs-up.gif

348208[/snapback]

martin...i wholeheartedly agree with you mate. i was sat watching the geordie game with a mate the other night and we both said taht we wished we could be there. just like me...i bet that sydney rovers, south aussie rover, p.g. and all the other rovers fans based down here....wished that they could be at ewood to watch rovers...but it aint that simple for us blokes down here...but for those who do live in the immedite vicinity of ewood or within driving distance....well, you blokes have a chance every weekend to support your club, wether it be at ewood or somewhere else...so lets not use the 'can't be botherd' excuse anymore....

aggy - you are spot on too mate.

According to htfc website they have sold out their allocation that we game them first up and are selling on the door. I guess we game them 3,000 and they sold them out and will then sell more on the door.

huh.gifhuh.gif have i started drinking too early??..... wacko.gif

And why shouldn't Martin make comments about attending?  The fact he is a student and a season ticket holder with a 200 mile round trip does give him some room to comment on others non-attendance.

348497[/snapback]

He can make as many comments as he likes (are you his mum btw?), just like I can disagree with his comments. However, I don't believe he has the right to tell anyone what they should and shouldn't do - whether he's a student making a 200 mile round trip or not. It's down to everyone's personal choice.

martin...i wholeheartedly agree with you mate.  i was sat watching the geordie game with a mate the other night and we both said taht we wished we could be there.  just like me...i bet that sydney rovers, south aussie rover, p.g. and all the other rovers fans based down here....wished that they could be at ewood to watch rovers...but it aint that simple for us blokes down here...but for those who do live in the immedite vicinity of ewood or within driving distance....well, you blokes have a chance every weekend to support your club, wether it be at ewood or somewhere else...so lets not use the 'can't be botherd' excuse anymore....

aggy - you are spot on too mate.

348504[/snapback]

Yes Blueboy and we take that opportunity up most weekends, bloody expensive it is as well I might add. However there comes a point where enough is enough. It's easy to point out faults in others from the other side of the world, if you're so concerned you could always buy a seat anyway. Sponsor it maybe like Thendrog has suggested.

I can honestly say that I really dont give a rats ar£e for tonights game, I simply cannot get myself interested in one iota in football.

Its boring, its pants, its negative and its ???? well.........pi££ing me off sad.gif

Just spent 22hrs fishing and enjoyed every single minute of it, no wife and kids, no dog, no work, no football, no tv/media..just me,myself and I, two rods and sheer bliss.

roll on saturday huh.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.