BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool 1-0 Rovers

Hilarious!

For anyone to suggest we lost yesterday because of some neanderthal chanting is desperate!

Also those who blame Brad for the goal are misguided. Shearer scored a good few of those for us, and has got a few more since.

The ferocity of that free kick was awesome, and would have beaten most keepers.

For thsoe who feel better blaming someone for the defeat, look no further than the officials.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

felt sad for the lost, but we should have felt lucky after numerous missed by morientes! sad.gif

something worth mentioning here is EMERTON, although he was SUB in very late, however saw him made a few good runs. finally he takes on people!!! smile.gif

Also those who blame Brad for the goal are misguided. Shearer scored a good few of those for us, and has got a few more since.

The ferocity of that free kick was awesome, and would have beaten most keepers.

For thsoe who feel better blaming someone for the defeat, look no further than the officials.

353696[/snapback]

Absolute Rubbish!....Brad was well out of position. OK, it had a bit of power in it, but it should really have been punched/parried away from goal.....It was stright down the middle. Shearers was totally different, going away from the keeper into the bottom corner....

The wall was short of one player and Brad shouldve sorted it.......Time for a rest me thinks...... huh.gif

I am getting sick and tired of the constant bashing of our fans after every away game.

If you combine your vocal fans, slightly moronic fans, 'PC' fans, quiet fans, those who like standing and those who like sitting in two and a half blocks of one stand instead of being spread across the ground, of course different opinions of the support will emerge. That's just how it is.

The ref was appauling in this game and should be suspended for not doing his job properly. What it comes down to is poor judgement...Zurab should have been given a yellow card and there should have been either a penalty kick or free kick just outside the box.

Rovers need to stop getting so many cards, especially Savage, I like how he has his heart in the game but it's unneccessary to get so many yellows.

On a more positive note, our defense was holding up pretty well, mind you it was only liverpool, an overrated team with pipe dreams.

I think some folk are going overboard on the Cisse chants. The way I saw it was not a chant at his leg break last season but a chant towards "hows your leg" after he went down like a ton of bricks to Zurab's challenge, and he was fine 30 seconds later.

Cisse is a prick, and will soon be away from there anyhow.

Rovers need to stop getting so many cards, especially Savage, I like how he has his heart in the game but it's unneccessary to get so many yellows.

353839[/snapback]

I would say that 3 out of his 6 yellows this season have been gained from his reputation and not for the challanges involved. Ref's pick on him, like they did against dickov for kicking the ball away in the Carling Cup, but in similar incidents in the prem against rovers, no action has been taken against the offending players!

I'm surprised the Mirror can spell that word. I don't know how many were chanting that, and I think it is not on that they did, but any excuse the media has to bash Rovers, they will. This is because we are now the 'Milwall of the North', and the media want to kiss Jose Morinho's purple helmet, and not say Paddy Vieira is a dirty, diving prat. In other words, since we have little glamour, and are tough on the pitch, we are evil.

I'm surprised the Mirror can spell that word. I don't know how many were chanting that, and I think it is not on that they did, but any excuse the media has to bash Rovers, they will. This is because we are now the 'Milwall of the North', and the media want to kiss Jose Morinho's purple helmet, and not say Paddy Vieira is a dirty, diving prat. In other words, since we have little glamour, and are tough on the pitch, we are evil.

353885[/snapback]

I'd agree with you usually, but what our "supporters" were doing on Saturday simply was sick.

Just to let you know, todays Daily Mirror described Rovers fans as 'sick'.

353883[/snapback]

The Daily Telegraph reports:

" The chants of Cisse Cisse how's your leg?" were not intended to be re-assuring and it was a reminder that when people talk of falling standards in football they have nowhere to plunge further than on what used to be called the terraces."

I'd agree with you usually, but what our "supporters" were doing on Saturday simply was sick.

353890[/snapback]

The term "sick" to me is a very serious term used to describe individuals who commit heinous crimes such as rape, murder or child abuse.

Don’t go over the top, yes they were mindless chants but anybody who takes football chanting seriously is a Muppet. Chants were devised for one purpose and one purpose only - to wind up the opposition.

Don't blow it all out of proportion; if Cisse hadn't scored I doubt it would have got more than a passing mention after all suggesting the people of Burnley are incestuous might be considered "sick" by many.... if of course it wasn't true. biggrin.gif

Edited by OscarRaven

Just to let you know, todays Daily Mirror described Rovers fans as 'sick'.

...Is that the Daily Mirror who printed fake photo`s of British troops torturing Iraqis.....thus enraging the arab nation & putting thousands of our troops lives at risk? Me thinks they have double standards with their reporting.

....Plus, what`s all this demonisation of the Rovers tinykit.gif support all about? In every crowd gathering where-ever in the world, you will get lots of different opinions. Some people will always shout louder & be more extreme than others. You cannot tell me that Liverpool fans have never been involved in chants about Munich or been involved in crowd violence....because they are the best fans in the whole wide world!

Every team in the world has it`s own element of d1ckheads/troublemakers....thankfully Rovers don`t have that many. wink.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.