BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool 1-0 Rovers

...Is that the Daily Mirror who printed fake photo`s of British troops torturing Iraqis.....thus enraging the arab nation & putting thousands of our troops lives at risk? Me thinks they have double standards with their reporting.

353897[/snapback]

Yep thats the one cletus. They appear to dislike us too so I'm suprised Greggyk (or anybody else from BRFC supporters) should chose to buy it.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep thats the one cletus.  They appear to dislike us too so I'm suprised Greggyk (or anybody else from BRFC supporters) should chose to buy it.

353982[/snapback]

I didnt buy it, but I sure as hell sent a reminder that "a minority" of Rovers fans sang a dodgy song about a footballer, but we didnt put the life of our troops at risk by printing their brand of "news"

######.

Great news.Well done the F.A. I think Khissi will play right back now on saturday.

354070[/snapback]

Not great news as that decision cost us at least a point and ruined a game of football. What will happen to the ref ? With the ever increasing cost to watch football it is becoming increasingly necessary to introduce video referees. A sending off so early destroyed the game as a spectacle for what !! I had watched the replay about 3 times before he had made the decision so why couldn't halsey be wired to the video ref. Don't give me all that swings and roundabouts rubbish cos if savage had tackled like essien on Sat he would have been hung out to dry looking at a 6 game ban but instead he plays for Chelsea enough said. What happened to goaline technology on trial Newcastle would have had a goal on Sat. Rooney gets sent off for clapping !! The game is in a mess for these reasons Fifa and their rule changes have destroyed the game and it is time for some positive action.

i take it you read the 1 match ban in the LET

it would be 3match ban, its just the LET arent exactly the premier league of reporting

354066[/snapback]

No 1 match ban would have been correct for a 'professional foul'.

A 3 match ban is for 'violent conduct'. LET were right.

No 1 match ban would have been correct for a 'professional foul'.

A 3 match ban is for 'violent conduct'. LET were right.

354100[/snapback]

really?

i always thought it was 3 match ban, in fact i was 100% sure

oh well ohmy.gif

I knew nothing about racist monkey chants, if thats true than thats a disgrace, if you knew me in real life you would know that i detest racism.

What i was refering to was the fact that liverpool fans sing about Munich and Man u fans sing about Hillsbourgh, was our singing about Cisse really that bad??

353610[/snapback]

Earlier in this thread you alluded to being at University where in my day one of the criteria for admission was having an I.Q. of at least 140; obviously the bar has been lowered to a much easier attainable mark these days.

Are you seriously arguing that the chants you quoted by the Liverpool and Man.U. fans are not both apallingly ignorant and grossly offensive? Given that the average person would think they are, how can you possibly make them some sort of excuse for what our stupid young morons chanted at Cisse?

...Is that the Daily Mirror who printed fake photo`s of British troops torturing Iraqis.....thus enraging the arab nation & putting thousands of our troops lives at risk? Me thinks they have double standards with their reporting.

353897[/snapback]

Um...wasn't Piers Morgan sacked because of that? I don't think it's fair to say the Daily Mirror (and don't get me wrong, I don't particularly like the Daily Mirror), has double standards. It was the editors decision to publish what he did relating to the photos of the British troops supposedly torturing Iraqis. That editor is no longer there, so how the finger can be pointed and how you can relate what has been published about the Rovers fans to that is a bit off the mark.

Who gives one anyway? Blah, blah, blah, blah.

Earlier in this thread you alluded to being at University where in my day one of the criteria for admission was having an I.Q. of at least 140; obviously the bar has been lowered to a much easier attainable mark these days.

Are you seriously arguing that the chants you quoted by the Liverpool and Man.U. fans are not both apallingly ignorant and grossly offensive? Given that the average person would think they are, how can you possibly make them some sort of excuse for what our stupid young morons chanted at Cisse?

354112[/snapback]

I got AAC at A-level so give me that arrogant crap about university or 'levels of intelligence' these days. Look, here are my simple views on the situation. I didnt sing the chants at Cisse on saturday, because i didnt want to. In an ideal world, those chants wouldnt have happened on saturday as i have previously written. However they did, and im questioning the big deal? Opposition fans have chanted 'where's your helmet' to Jansen, called Wenger a pedophile and as i said previously chanted about Shipman, Munich and Hillsbourgh.

What i was trying to argue (i thought you were the intelligent 1), was not that the Munich and Hillsbourgh chants weren't appalling (a bigger disgrace cannot be found inside football), but that when you compare Cisse chants to that, it is not on the same scale. Its on a similar scale to Jansen helmet and Wenger peode chants imo.

In other words i see there being a boundary. On that boundary are chants like cisse, Jansen and Wenger (the ones i mentioned above). Ideally these chants wouldnt happen, and i dont sing them. However i realise in football they are going to happen and for me are JUST acceptable banter. However chants about Munich, Hilsbourgh, deaths in any way, sectarism or racism well crosses that boundary.

I hope this clears things up and dont ever presume anything about me again.

Edited by BRFC4EVA

What's wrong with being offensive?

Players say far worse to each other during the course of a game.

Some cricketers are famed for their sledging ( as it is known in that sport ), it's all part of the game and is done to wind up the opposition. Sometimes it works ( I remember Beckham being subbed at half time at Ewood after giving the BBE two fingers ), sometimes it doesn't.

So for those people that are so upset by offensive chants ( don't forget, what's offensive to one person, may not be to another ) you can always move seats, stands or sport. smile.gif

I got AAC at A-level so give me that arrogant crap about university or 'levels of intelligence' these days. Look, here are my simple views on the situation. I didnt sing the chants at Cisse on saturday, because i didnt want to. In an ideal world, those chants wouldnt have happened on saturday as i have previously written. However they did, and im questioning the big deal? Opposition fans have chanted 'where's your helmet' to Jansen, called Wenger a pedophile and as i said previously chanted about Shipman, Munich and Hillsbourgh.

What i was trying to argue (i thought you were the intelligent 1), was not that the Munich and Hillsbourgh chants weren't appalling (a bigger disgrace cannot be found inside football), but that when you compare Cisse chants to that, it is not on the same scale. Its on a similar scale to Jansen helmet and Wenger peode chants imo.

In other words i see there being a boundary. On that boundary are chants like cisse, Jansen and Wenger (the ones i mentioned above). Ideally these chants wouldnt happen, and i dont sing them. However i realise in football they are going to happen and for me are JUST acceptable banter. However chants about Munich, Hilsbourgh, deaths in any way, sectarism or racism well crosses that boundary.

I hope this clears things up and dont ever presume anything about me again.

354374[/snapback]

Please accept my sincere apologies BRFC4EVA.

I mistook your earlier post as implying that you saw nothing wrong in the Munich and Hillsborough chants and any other similar ones. I now see your position more clearly and accept that your point of view is certainly in tune with a majority of younger people these days. However , I do still feel saddened (not angered) by this whole situation because, as I have mentioned several times before on this and other threads, I do have the advantage (yes I do believe it to be so) of having actually lived through the earlier times (40's to late 60's inclusive) and can therefore speak from actual experience. As a consequence, I am able to relate to both periods and there is no doubt whatever that the overall quality of life from a caring, and safety in everyday life perspective is much worse now than then. This, to me, is a very regrettable situation.

Last time I checked sledging doesnt involve glorifying in other players injuries

(unless your Roy Keane of course)

and its quite hard to move in an away stand isnt it

354541[/snapback]

Perhaps you should take up my third option then.

Try Crown Green Bowling, definately no offensive chanting there biggrin.gif

Please accept my sincere apologies BRFC4EVA.

I mistook your earlier post as implying that you saw nothing wrong in the Munich and Hillsborough chants and any other similar ones. I now see your position more clearly and accept that your point of view is certainly in tune with a majority of younger people these days. However , I do still feel saddened (not angered) by this whole situation because, as I have mentioned several times before on this and other threads, I do have the advantage (yes I do believe it to be so) of having actually lived through the earlier times (40's to late 60's inclusive) and can therefore speak from actual experience. As a consequence, I am able to relate to both periods and there is no doubt whatever that the overall quality of life from a caring, and safety in everyday life perspective is much worse now than then. This, to me, is a very regrettable situation.

355127[/snapback]

Fair enough, its clear to see that we got our wires crossed. Apologies for any 's aggressiveness in my post esp considering you've been watching the Rovers since 1940's! (i respect that big time thumbs-up.gif )

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.