BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool 1-0 Rovers

Becoming greater? What planet you from Neil, and I mean this in the best of spirits, not sarcastically. It's been going on for years, perhaps not as focused on actully stiffing it to Rovers but the favouritism shown the big clubs and big players has been glaringly obvious for years IMHO.

As I said in an earlier post, Terry, Ferdinand and Cambell would not have even got a talking to and the commentators most likely would have been spewing out their superlatives like commitment and passion ad nausium.

Why is the footy match commentating going American style too, I hate that. Two knob heads blabbering on about buggar all except how clever they are. Why do they not just commentate on the game that is going on in front of them, how it used to be.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know why we bother sometimes. Why dont we just sit there in silience next time so the pc bigade dont get offended. What a load of b.s, 1 of the best travelling atmopheres that we've had for ages (liverpool fans on the bbc board said best travelling support so far, which includeds manure and chelsea) and people still have to find the negative  mad.gif

353573[/snapback]

If objecting to monkey chants and songs about breaking players legs makes me a member of the "pc brigade" then I'm delighted to be part of it. You must be monumentally stupid to not realise the effect that chants like those have on our reputation.

I thought Savage gave away a stupid needless free-kick in a dangerous position which led to the goal.

As Mark Hughes said after the match: "As the game went on I felt the only way we would concede was from a set-piece."

"I didn't think Liverpool really created anything in general play and we looked quite solid. You fear when they get a free-kick on the edge of the box that something might happen for them, and thats what happened."

When will Savage ever learn not to make rash challenges in dangerous areas outside the box?

user posted image

Which was the more dangerous/cynical/professional/cardworthy foul yesterday - by Jimmy Asylumseeker or Essien?

I though it was a sickening foul by Essien yesterday Neil - and the fact that he got away with just a yellow card is a perfect example of the 'big club' bias that now exists among certain refs.

If objecting to monkey chants and songs about breaking players legs makes me a member of the "pc brigade" then I'm delighted to be part of it.  You must be monumentally stupid to not realise the effect that chants like those have on our reputation.

353586[/snapback]

I knew nothing about racist monkey chants, if thats true than thats a disgrace, if you knew me in real life you would know that i detest racism.

What i was refering to was the fact that liverpool fans sing about Munich and Man u fans sing about Hillsbourgh, was our singing about Cisse really that bad??

I knew nothing about racist monkey chants, if thats true than thats a disgrace, if you knew me in real life you would know that i detest racism.

What i was refering to was the fact that liverpool fans sing about Munich and Man u fans sing about Hillsbourgh, was our singing about Cisse really that bad??

353610[/snapback]

Not THAT bad, no. But bad, yes. The bloke was minutes away from having to have his leg amputated, such was the seriousness of the injury.

Not THAT bad, no. But bad, yes. The bloke was minutes away from having to have his leg amputated, such was the seriousness of the injury.

353611[/snapback]

Not to mention the fact that yet again it gave him further incentive to have a pop at scoring. And oh look. He managed it.

Could it be that the people who chanted "Cisse....how`s your leg?" were genuinely asking him how his leg is?? Maybe Blackburn fans are actually very caring people & this chant was a genuine attempt to pass on their best wishes?? huh.gif

I thought Hughes took the wrong forward off.  Dickov showed last season that he can be effective as a lone striker and he should have stayed on imo.

I thought so too. However, if Hughes took Kuqi off then what sort of message does that give him after he scored two goals in the last match? It was a case of man management rather than the best tactical choice.

How Liverpool could pay £21 million for Crouch and Cisse i will never know, presonally i would rather have Bill and Ben upfront. Knew Cisse wouold score as soon as we started singing about his leg but it was funny.

That's rubbish what you say about Cisse. He was quality yesterday, apart from his finishing, and he got a goal anyway. On another day he would have ripped us right open and bagged three or more. I'd love to have Cisse playing for us, thankyou very much. He puts Dickov and Kuqi to shame.

With Crouch, he is severely overrated by people in the football world, but it doesn't help him one bit that his teammates lump the ball in the air to him from the middle of the park. They should try putting it to his feet because he ain't going to score like that.

Unfortunately I had to sit near the moronic element who started the chant.  I hope they're proud of themselves- they cost us at least a point today, but then I've been saying a similar thing all season.

Pfft. It was Souness' fault, not the fans.

I thought so too. However, if Hughes took Kuqi off then what sort of message does that give him after he scored two goals in the last match? It was a case of man management rather than the best tactical choice.

353622[/snapback]

Who cares what signal that gives him, we have to think about what's best for the team, not one player. Kuqi did okay, by all means, but he can't do anything without support. And I have to say, I'm more pleased with Dickov's ability to hold up the ball than Kuqi up until now. Dickov played well last season as a lone striker, but I guess Kuqi was kept on to be a menace on corners and freekicks.

Fair enough; I say bring on Birmingham - nothing to do now, except beating Liverpool at Ewood when spring comes! thumbs-up.gif

353610[/snapback]

After match quotation from Cisse:

He also revealed that the abuse from Blackburn fans over the double leg fracture he suffered at Ewood Park last season left him angry and determined to score.

His dance of triumph in front of the visiting fans after driving home the winner was inadvisable, but he said: "They were singing 'Cisse glass leg.' I was angry after that and I just wanted to score because of those stupid fans. And I want to say 'thank you' to the Liverpool fans for supporting me after that.

Well done, you cost us a point yesterday.

Fool

I only saw BBC's highlights rather than Sky's 50-minute package, but what a disappointing way to lose out on a point. The sending off was an utter nonsense. The goal...well, none of our defence comes out of that looking smart, but I think Brad has to take a fair share of the blame. The wall was poorly positioned and he failed to get to an average strike in the area he should have covered. Oh well, there's always next week.

PS Anyone chanting about Cisse's leg injury should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

On the result - shame we couldn't hold out for a point but to do that you need an outlet up front otherwise its just a case of giving the ball away. We didn’t have that yesterday.

On the chants, should we go and be supportive of the other team in the vain hope they will like us and gift us a win - don’t be so ridiculous it’s the job of the traveling support to wind up the opposing team and fans that’s what creates something that has been devoid for a while "atmosphere".

To suggest that the chants however unpalatable cost us a point is the most stupid thing I have read in a long time. If Cisse didn't go on that pitch wanting to score and beat us then he should have his head amputated not his leg!

What next no more singing songs that have expletives in? or lets not try to sing at all after all we don’t want to upset the opposition now do we?

353610[/snapback]

Justifying your point by referring to past actions of other fans doesn't make it any better. There's nothing wrong with a good bit of banter (singing about Phil Thompson's nose for example when he was assistant manager) but I'm amazed you can't see the difference between that and making several references to someone having their leg broken in a career threatening injury. As you say yourself you detest racism yet some neandrathals would say that they're merely creating an atmosphere or having some banter when making monkey chants. It's a similar situation here I'm afraid.

Justifying your point by referring to past actions of other fans doesn't make it any better.   There's nothing wrong with a good bit of banter  (singing about Phil Thompson's nose for example when he was assistant manager) but I'm amazed you can't see the difference between that and making several references to someone having their leg broken in a career threatening injury.   As you say yourself you detest racism yet some neandrathals would say that they're merely creating an atmosphere or having some banter when making monkey chants.  It's a similar situation here I'm afraid.

353644[/snapback]

Where there any monkey chants? I didnt here any from where i was sat (towards the back near the netting close to the home fans) Any racist chants are unacceptable but there was nothing wrong with the chants i herd (and sang)

Edited by Rovers_4_life

He also revealed that the abuse from Blackburn fans over the double leg fracture he suffered at Ewood Park last season left him angry and determined to score....

......Well done, you cost us a point yesterday.

Fool

353635[/snapback]

Don't be daft Philip. You should know that football simply doesn't work like that. Cisse's free kick was not good enough for a goal really but coupled with being a man down and some poor defending he just got lucky yesterday. If chanting upsets individuals enough to ensure a goal then we should score 3 every week given the stick that Savage, Bellamy and Dickov get.

USA, I'm trying to be objective smile.gif . I agree that it SEEMS to be have been happening for ages, it's pretty tricky to prove though. Yesterday was bloody annoying - not only the sending off but it really seemed that almost all the 50/50 challenges ended up with Halsey giving Lpool a free kick.

I get chance to see a fair bit of footy on TV (not Sky) so I'll try to keep some sort of record - hardly going to be perfect but will give it a go till I get bored.

He also revealed that the abuse from Blackburn fans over the double leg fracture he suffered at Ewood Park last season left him angry and determined to score.

His dance of triumph in front of the visiting fans after driving home the winner was inadvisable, but he said: "They were singing 'Cisse glass leg.' I was angry after that and I just wanted to score because of those stupid fans. And I want to say 'thank you' to the Liverpool fans for supporting me after that.

Well done, you cost us a point yesterday.

Fool

353635[/snapback]

If you seriously think that a few chants from visting fans was the principle reason for our 1-0 then its you who is the fool mate, a fool big time!

Secondly, kindly tell me where exactly on this thread i said that i actually participated in the chants about his leg? Opps i havent and didnt so take a hike.

rover.gif there have been very few times in my 35+ years off following rovers that i have been ashamed to call myself a rover's fan but at 4.50 yesterday was one off them.i have just returned from liverpoo and have not read any other post's in this topic,but to sing CISSE' CISSE HOW'S YOUR LEG WAS SHAMEFULL mad.gif i thought we as a club were better than that. tinykit.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.