BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] reviews for boro' games.

ihtd

According to the Radio Lancs commentator, a Boro defender came from nowhere and stopped Shefki's shot.

Shefki just needed time to aclimatise and get used to the Premiership. He is a valuable member of our squad. It will be interesting to see who will be chosen between Shefki, Paul Dickov and Bellers as the preferred front two.

What a great result, though. I don't care for Steve McL at all so am very pleased the lads sorted his team out.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm listening to Century FM, to a through-and-through Middlesbrough programme, and it's all doom and gloom from the talkback. They're absolutely devastated. Their season is in the pits and they've lost to a team that have had "nothing" spent on them.

Good one Rovers for sticking it up to this lot who look down on us (at least the fans).

Young German left winger signed from Mannheim. I think he might be needed today.

368982[/snapback]

I've said it before and it was ignored so I'll say it again...why do you have "Michael 'One Cap Waster' Gray" when he received three caps? Next time if you still ignore me I'll just call you dumb and forget the niceties. wink.gif

I've said it before and it was ignored so I'll say it again...why do you have "Michael 'One Cap Waster' Gray" when he received three caps? Next time if you still ignore me I'll just call you dumb and forget the niceties.  wink.gif

369039[/snapback]

and didn't he provide an assist for one of the goals at Man U? Wrong player to be targetted in my opinion. Still, each to his own............ thumbs-up.gif

Just checked out teamtalk and it mentioned that there were 29k+ on today,

does anybody know if rovers sold out there generous allocation?

369049[/snapback]

Nope. Only around 400 or so hardy souls seem to have made it past the traditional chrimbo hangover.

Boro reminded me of the team Rovers used to be - full of potential but just missing their way.

Cracking effort by the lads today. Hope we can send the Mackems home with a sore head after thumping them big style.

rover.gif

Another excellent result! I didn't expect us to win both games, but we have and it feels great! Also, whatever people say about Kuqi, myself included, he is scoring important goals. That's 5 or 6 for the season I think. Looking forward to the Sunderland game and hopefully another 3 points.

Quality result. compare us after 18 games last season. 15 points and -14 goal difference, (16th position) now we have 24 points, -3 goal difference. (11th position)

With the games coming up that we have, we should be looking to move up the table. Lets hope they don't make it difficult for themselves.

well done lads!

Rovers really are making me eat my words. I though we'd get tonked. However under Hughes we are made of sterner stuff.

Looking at the two games at the start of the week I thought we can win a maximum of one. But to win both and rest MGP in the process is wonderful, Rovers really are doing their best to ensure we have a super Christmas.

Roll on Sunderland. Although if there was ever a potential banana skin.....

Edited by Martin

Shefri Kuqi ,,,,, Shefri Kuqi

369082[/snapback]

shefKI FFS

How bad is Mark Viduka though ? Whilst Mendieta and Yakubu should have at least troubled Brad, this so called superstar just walked through the entire game. Contrast this with the whole hearted performance Shef put in today, and you can see just why he deserved his goals.

Wow, shown at the end of the programme again, shock horror. wink.gif

Speaking of which, as I was forced to watch the rest of it, y'know in the fear they might throw Rovers in there just to fool me, I noticed just how poor the standard of reffing is these days. I counted at least 13 suspect decisions that changed matches, and that's just from the highlights.

Wow, shown at the end of the programme again, shock horror. wink.gif

Speaking of which, as I was forced to watch the rest of it, y'know in the fear they might throw Rovers in there just to fool me, I noticed just how poor the standard of reffing is these days. I counted at least 13 suspect decisions that changed matches, and that's just from the highlights.

369111[/snapback]

Funny you mention that. Fox had a run of old Cup finals on the telly Xmas day Man U ones. I was thinking how much better officiated those games seemed to be.

Stuff going on that would not be allowed today. Also stood out a lot less whining about the decisions. Did some one tell Mike Riley handball is no longer an offence, he must have "missed" at least four today.

Halsey's handling of the Bowyer incident was spineless. Both Crouch and Gerrard should have gone IMHO.

Brilliant and unexpected victory.

Boro should have been 2-0 inside the first 15, just like we should have been against Everton, but footballs a fickle game and the difference between winning and losing in England is a thin line.

Now, if we dont get the 3 points against Sunderland, all the hard work from this game would have gone to waste. It wont be easy to score against them, as I can see them sitting back and defending.

Was V impressed by Joey Barton at Man City

369142[/snapback]

Agreed Flopsy. Despite the baggage that he brings with him, a very good player. I've watched his progress quite closely since I saw him score for City against Rovers a couple of season's back - August 2003 I think. I was impressed with him that night, and have been whenever I've seen play him since.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.