SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 0-0 Bolton

Ozz

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bolton are spoiling this game!!! I know they are down to 10 men though.

Emerton off (hoorah) and Kuqi on!! Go Shefki!!!

I cant believe Vaz Te just missed that chance. A let off there for Rovers.

Dickov off and Bellamy on.

Edited by Esulx

We blew our chance to move ahead of Bolton. We played most of the game with an extra man, but were still unable to score. Apart from Emerton's header crashing off the bar, we didn't actually have many chances for the amount of pressure that we put them under. I thought that Bentley played well and was his best game for Rovers. Reid also had a fine game, but wasn't able to hit the target with his efforts. We played better when Kuqi and Bellamy came on, but still couldn't break through. Indeed we were lucky not to lose, after Vaz Te slipped. 2 points dropped big time!

This was the first game I have gotten to see live in some time for Rovers and it was very frustrating.We never had any intelligent final ball.The press will give all the credit to bolton for hanging on with 10 men.Mickey Gray looked confused at times with the ball in the second half in whether to attempt a shot or pass.In fact, that might sum it up nicely in te second half as we seemed to be looking more to pass than shoot in the final third.Too many times of seeking a wide pass in hopes of a cross coming back to where the pass had originated.It seemed the only one willing to shoot form distance was Reid and the ball always has more of a chance for row Z than the back of the net when he pulls the trigger.Right now I am one frustrated Rover fan as we had it all to play for and against a short sided team.Disappointing Rovers!

Florida Rover

Disappointed. We lacked the cutting edge.

Didnt have a striker who could brew up something, and Bellamy looked a little unfit and not really raring to go in my book. Surely he would have started, but he probably was carrying something.

Reids shooting was utter rubbish. Bentley was poor for me.

The ref was a waste of space.

Disappointing result, not the greatest performance either, and with the teams around us winning, it could be costly.

To be honest, we never look like a team capable of breaking down a 9-man defence.

Sergio Peter must start getting into contention to be on the bench because he offers a direct threat from midfield that we lack at the moment.

0-0 versus Bolton isn't a bad result, I guess, even if we were playing against 10 men for so long.

It was a very frustrating match to watch. I cannot believe how much we always let ourselves down by either a lack of penetration or desperate Bolton defending, despite our domination.

The most frustrating part of it all was the woefulness of Pedersen's crosses from corner kicks. Hughes really needs to put his input into corner kicks in training and get the players to put something into effect that work. If he has intervened in training, then he should suggest something else! If that means a change from Pedersen to Savage or Emerton, so be it. He simply isn't doing the job. I'm sick of near-posts.

I also thought the referee was poor in this match. He was really pedantic and he virtually became one of the attractions of the game. He stuck out like a sore thumb... referees should stay ordinary thumbs. But for all his pedantism, he really should have dished out more cards. Another thing about him was that his pedantism got in the way of his decision making. He many-a-time gave free kicks against us that simply should not have been at best, and should have been given to us at worst.

Overall, I suppose the point is good, given the physicality of the game, but it's still disappointing not to get all three points against ten men. Our finishing really blowed, to put it not-so-nicely, and stopped us from earning the win... Vaz Te slip or no Vaz Te slip.

Edited by James No. 7

Rovers were poor today,very frustrating against 10 men who were there for the taking that second half.If only we could afford that stiker from Porto!!

Bit of argy bargy in the Riverside with a few either very brave or very stupid Bolton fans....first time I've seen trouble in the ground in a long while.

18,180 with about 1,300 from Notlob sad.gif

From the BBC:

"Worse was to follow soon after for Vaz Te, as he embarrassingly fell over with an open goal and the ball at his feet after rounding keeper Jussi Jaaskelainen."

Man, I'd be embarrassed if I was anywhere near rounding my own keeper.

Well done to the referee. Yet another attention seeker who felt a bit pressured from Allardyce to give a string of fouls against us and a joke booking for one of our players (Dickov?)

How did we not win that game!!!

Great effort by the players and we were incredibly unlucky as Bolton cheated there way to a point. They should have had Fadiga sent off as well as Nakata but i'm sure Big Sam will find somehting to moan at the ref for, who was the only person on the pitch that had a worse game than Emerton! I was shocked by the disgraceful tactics of kicking as many Rovers players as they could, mainly Savage and the time wasting was appauling. Sooner or later the FA should punish scum like that. I was annoyd when i found out that Bellamy wasn't playing but it was obvious that he was injured and shouldn't have even been on the bench.

We deserved to win comfortably and i was a bit dissapointed that a few fans booed at the end considering that we played well and were very unlikely, although the fact that we were unlucky is no excuse it was stil a good effort from the players. I thought Tugay should have been introduced espeially with them having 10 men and the game getting older i think that he culd have been the key to unlocking a packed bolton defence.

I'm sick to death of away supporters coming to Ewood calling us all inbreds and then going home to Darwen, Haslingden, Ramsbottom, etc.

Took aload of ###### off a United fan on Wednesday only for him to pull in a few streets down from me! Then today a Bolton fan gave me an ear full then walked upto Fernhurst Farm!

Very disappointing, we played ten men for an hour but only put Bolton under any concerted pressure for the last 15 or 20 minutes after both Kuqi and Bellamy (fit or not) came on.

I think Hughesey should be fined a month's wages every time he starts a game 4-5-1. Surely he must realise we can't play that system effectively by now. Before the sending off every time one of our players had the ball he looked up and there wasn't a single attacking option ahead of him.

If Emerton's header had been a couple of inches lower it's actually a very good goal and a whole different scenario but we only really looked like we were going to score on a couple of occasions which isn't good enough.

Other than that the match was memorable only for the woeful refereeing of the inept Mike Reilly who not unusually managed to incense both teams. I've never seen anything like the incident when Dickov was nowhere near Jaaskelinen as he cleared but yet Bolton were awarded a free kick OUTSIDE the area proving the keeper should have been penalised for handball. mad.gif

And it was the first time I've seen it to be deemed an automatic free kick every time we swung in a corner or free kick. huh.gif

Tugay should've replaced Reid or Savage the minute Nakata was sent off imo. Mike Riley should've been replaced the minute he started giving Jaaskelainen freekicks on every goddamn corner kick.

Man of the match, Andy Todd! Great game, solid defending. Nelsen was solid aswell, and Lucas had a good game as always. (terrible backpass with his chest in the 1st half though)

Credit to Mickey Gray aswell, it's games like these that gives me confidence in never seeing Dom Matteo in a Rovers-shirt ever again. Always wanting to create something, good distribution, in Lucas and Gray we have two good, modern fullbacks!

Don't think Reidy deserved the mom award tbh, I might be a bit biased though, after growing so sick and tired of those long shots of his. Bentley looked for some reason more comfortable on the right side of midfield this match..

Other than that the match was memorable only for the woeful refereeing of the inept Mike Reilly who not unusually managed to incense both teams. I've never seen anything like the incident when Dickov was nowhere near Jaaskelinen as he cleared but yet Bolton were awarded a free kick OUTSIDE the area proving the keeper should have been penalised for handball.

374544[/snapback]

Must agree with you there. The referee was a shower of @#/? right from the start to the finish. I was surprised we had to play against 10. Dirty side Bolton but it's deemed acceptable for them to be that type of side. Bet their unfair play won't even get a mention on MOTD tonight. mad.gif

I think every fan that says Bentley is a midfielder should be fined a weeks wages.

Bentley started as the 2nd striker in a 442 today.

He is crap, truly.

I was trying to persuade the bloke behind to go on instead, he would have offered more offensively.

I would also like to congratulate

a) the blackburn end on one of the worst atmospheres in ages

cool.gif mike riley and bolton wanderers on ruining a potentially good match.

not sure about him being crap

but would say if we are playing against 10 men i probably would rather see Kugi, i think Kugi is sometimes truely shocking, and sometimes ok, but when it comes to working hard and trying to get chances, he's probably a better bet then Bently who barely ever has a shot on goal.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.