BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Alan Shearer's Testimonial

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't anyone else think this is awful? Celtic? Yes, yes I know about their fans but where's the logic in that, where's the link? Rovers would easily bring whatever Celtic do, especially as most the 50 odd thousand will be geordies. A damn shame I say. Why belittle his career playing against a club like Celtic? Madness mad.gif

Because Celtic will show it worldwide on TV, which being Mr Shearer he'll have negotiated a rate for. Also even if the Geordies don't think it worthwhile (although I'm sure they will), Celtic will bring as many down as needed.

It should have been played against either us or Southampton.

Soton would have been a nice touch, the club he started his career at and the club he ended it at.

Think I heard on SSN that he's even pumping some money into their youth set up to get some of the up and coming talent through the ranks. . . . Fairplay, but when was the last time Newcastle had someone come through the ranks?

As Philip says the main reason he can't play it against us is because it would remind everyone that this Geordie legend has not won a single medal after ten seasons at Newcastle. Makes both the club and Shearer look a bit foolish.

How much have Newcastle spent in that time compared to the '95 rovers squad?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.