BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley Called Up

Ricky

nope 1 of the teams is not the mighty north london not arsenal team. only know of this because i live on the same street in rochdale (were david also lives )as his auntie and cousin who lets say arnt the sharpest knives in the drawer and like to tell everyone everything about him. Bently was here yesterday with a nice new motor. orange lambourgini i think it was.

Liverpool? Newcastle? Villa?

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liverpool? Newcastle? Villa?

Liverpool will only be interested if there is a way they can sign him on the cheap. Unless this Gillette chappy's dollars have altered their outlook they only 'sing when they are stealing' other teams players.

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes you have to take off your blue and white spectacles and say whats annoying you.

I do hope that over the summer the club sort out David Bentleys tendancy to 'go to ground' easily. I don't like it when the likes of Ronaldo, Drogba, Diouf and company do it, I also don't like it when Bentley does it. He really has no need to. Eventually he'll get a reputation and ,unlike the players with the big clubs, will stop getting free kicks at all. I've seen games when Diouf has been kicked all over the pitch and the ref just gives him nothing.

He didnt do it alot today except for when he wasnt touched by Thatcher for the first booking. I know it was a rash challenge and probably a booking anyway but had it been Diouf we'd have been going mad. Ultimately, it cost them a player and made our afternoon easier, but in the grand scheme of things I hope Hughes sorts it out.

I thought both of Thatcher's bookings were justified... Yes, he didn't touch Bentley for his first card, but I think Bentley has mastered dodging potentially nasty challenges while still exaggerating his fall.. The intent was there from Thatcher, I think it would have been a foul if Bentley had stood his ground, and we should be thankful that he didn't actually connect with Bentley that hard for any of his fouls..

Also, Bentley gets up faster from his fouls than above-mentioned divers.. not much rolling around crying..

Never pleased to see diving, but I think Bentley just about gets away with it being called "playing smart"..

I don't think Bentley dives much really, he simply makes the most of challenges. He'll throw himself in the air and dip his shoulder as he falls to make challenges look worse then they were, but they are usually fouls. I'd rather not see a player do it, but what he's doing isn't horrible.

DB has been kicked from pillar to post this season and has been afforded little, if any protection from refs. He's _got_ to try to hurdle tackles or get out of the way or he'd have been in a very bad way this year.

Interview with DB...

Interviewed - Disappointed with the broken leg, David?

DB - Nah, he was clearly going to do me some damage, but I thought I'd stand my ground.

They did it,

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...entley+to+shine

they wrote a story about bentley and not once do they mention the "former arsenal trainee"

The last one they did about him didn't say that either. But either way, I don't expect this to be the last time we hear that phrase attached to him. Could be a couple of years before it drops, if ever. Even nowadays, I still see Savage referred to as the former Manchester United trainee. The guy's 32 and was there when he was a teenager.

Sometimes you have to take off your blue and white spectacles and say whats annoying you.

I do hope that over the summer the club sort out David Bentleys tendancy to 'go to ground' easily. I don't like it when the likes of Ronaldo, Drogba, Diouf and company do it, I also don't like it when Bentley does it. He really has no need to. Eventually he'll get a reputation and ,unlike the players with the big clubs, will stop getting free kicks at all. I've seen games when Diouf has been kicked all over the pitch and the ref just gives him nothing.

He didnt do it alot today except for when he wasnt touched by Thatcher for the first booking. I know it was a rash challenge and probably a booking anyway but had it been Diouf we'd have been going mad. Ultimately, it cost them a player and made our afternoon easier, but in the grand scheme of things I hope Hughes sorts it out.

I agree 100%. No matter how you try to justify diving, as I see some of you have done, there is simply no excuse for taking a dive. You can't say that he's trying to avoid injuries when he even falls to ground without a tackle, a little nudge and he's rolling on the grass. And if he is trying to dodge tackles, he could stay up when they miss him by a mile - as we all saw clearly in the first half of the Ch€£$ki game, embarrassing. As much as I adore his contribution to the team, I'd like the stains from Arse to go away, no more diving please.

Edited by HairwayToSteven

I don't see the point in England B games if he's going to include Phil Neville, Lennon, Dyer, Robinson,Downing etc - what exactly is he going to find out about them that he didn't already know??? Very strange.

Good that Bentley is in - hope he gets a good chance to impress

I don't see the point in England B games if he's going to include Phil Neville, Lennon, Dyer, Robinson,Downing etc - what exactly is he going to find out about them that he didn't already know??? Very strange.

Good that Bentley is in - hope he gets a good chance to impress

Probably because there's very few English players currently meriting a call up to the full squad so McLaren wanted those that are within a chance of making the full step up to be surrounded by experienced players who won't let them down. Actually that's probably too much of an intelligent thought for McLaren and there's no real good reason they're there at all.

That was close to what I was thinking... that McClaren is really trying to see how these younger players will interact with the more experienced players instead of seeing them in a vacuum.

IE - making sure they play great in a great team with great players, not just being a great player unable to work with the others.

Well, maybe he'll finally find out that Phil Neville is a crock of crap and shouldn't be anywhere near the England setup.

He should enjoy himself in front of the dingles! I don't envy him.

True. I remember Ian Pearce getting barracked for 90 minutes when playing for England U21's in a game at Turf Moor.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.