BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sunderland 0-1 Rovers

Hope Tugay will remain fit for this one

Does anyone else think Bellamy should be given a rest between now and the end of the season, possibly in this game?

This may prove to be our easiest game following which we have home games against pool and Chelsea and trips to relegation battlers, 4 games for which we really need Bellamy.

Better rest him now than have him miss more crucial games  unsure.gif

392331[/snapback]

I'd rather make certain we pick up the three points thanks.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

our biggest home win: 4-1 v charlton

our biggest away win: 3-0 v wigan

they are not 7-0's i agree but i'm sure if someones not mentally prepared to give sunderland a real pasting hughsey will have them off.

theres a possibility that this seasons final placings could come down to goal difference huh.gif

Prediction: Match postponed. Frozen pitch. Reason leaking pipe. Revenge.

Replay: After playing 3 times in 6 days Steads "Sunderland is better than Blackburn" 0; The mighty unbreakable Rovers 9;

Sweep stake on how many will we score past Brum: 8

our biggest home win: 4-1 v charlton

our biggest away win: 3-0 v wigan

they are not 7-0's i agree but i'm sure if someones not mentally prepared to give sunderland a real pasting hughsey will have them off.

theres a possibility that this seasons final placings could come down to goal difference huh.gif

392533[/snapback]

Sunderland seem to scrap and fight in every game, which is why they don't get hammered too often. They're so bad though they can't score and inevitably concede a goal or 2.

Comparing it to West Ham doesn't really work as they had Freddie Kanoute playing that night, as well as Joe Cole, Jermaine Defoe etc. Sunderland aren't a team who on their day are good, they're just way out of their depth in the prem.

If we play like we have been, we should win no problem...

so 2-1 to the Mackems then, Stead to get the winner ohmy.gif

I would never rest Bellamy in a game where 3 points is vital, especially with tough games against Chelsea and Pool around the corner.

We have to pick up 3 points during the games, which on paper look winnable.

6 out of the next 6 and we will almost certainly play UEFA Cup football next season.

I'm caught between two minds. While Bellamy is fit, we should get as many games out of him as possible. However, if we can rest him for this game, he would hopefully be in immaculate condition for the remaining fixtures. I certainly think we can beat Sunderland without Bellamy.

I certainly think we can beat Sunderland without Bellamy.

392603[/snapback]

You'd hope so, but Bellamy was without doubt the difference at Ewood earlier this year. We need him to be there to put away teams that could upset us. He is a bonus agains the big teams because he is a match-winner, but I'd rather he made sure we got a win against Sunderland than forced us a draw against Chelsea, for example.

Think people are so worried because the situation is almost too easy. In some ways I'm more gutted by Savage missing this one as he's one of the few players I'd be certain would get stuck in 100% regardless of the opposition.

For Sunderland to have any chance of winning they've got to try and rough us up. That's why I'd go for Mokena and Reid in the middle to counter this and let Bentley and MGP play havoc down the wings. Defence Todd should come in to counter Kyle's physical presence. Up front Dickov and Bellamy. This is in part as Pongolle in my oppinion is not very good, but also because this is Dickov's type of game. A jittery defence against Dickov will hopefully result in lots of errors for Rovers to capitalise on. As soon as we get the second Bellamy should come off to make sure his hamstrings stay ok.

Team:

Friedel, Neill, Gray, Todd, Nelsen, Bentley, Mokoena, Reid, MGP, Dickov, Bellamy

subs:

Zurab, Kuqi, Tugay (if fit) Pongolle and Enks.

Going for 2-1 Rovers Pedersen and Bellamy the scorers.

I have one space on the minibus available for anyone who fancies a few beers to and from the game? Price £15 and sure to be a good day regardless of the result.

PM me if you're interested.

Thanks

I'm caught between two minds.  While Bellamy is fit, we should get as many games out of him as possible.  However, if we can rest him for this game, he would hopefully be in immaculate condition for the remaining fixtures.  I certainly think we can beat Sunderland without Bellamy.

392603[/snapback]

why rest bellamy? there are 9 days before we play wigan.

Lucas Neill is on nine yellow cards as is Savage. Steven Reid is on eight yellow cards.

As with Savage's yellows not counting because he's served them as a red, Lucas did the same with his two yellows against Spurs at the beginning of the season.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.