BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Music Discussion Thread

Saw Muse play at the new Wembley stadium last night. Mind-blowing experience and by far one of the best gigs I've ever been to. The venue itself takes a bit of acclimatising to - we spent a good half an hour just looking round thinking "my god this is the new Wembley". Very exciting stuff.

Do you know if it's his solo material or the new Kloot stuff? Either way I'd bet it'll be a good show.

They played some new Kloot songs last time I saw them in Manchester which were superb. He also headlines the occasional acoustic night in Manchester, but I always end up missing 'em!

It was just him and some bloke on bass guitar on a acoustic set.. He played Kloot songs and was superb and some new one's as well. Hopefully I can catch the full band next time.

Saw Muse play at the new Wembley stadium last night. Mind-blowing experience and by far one of the best gigs I've ever been to. The venue itself takes a bit of acclimatising to - we spent a good half an hour just looking round thinking "my god this is the new Wembley". Very exciting stuff.

I went last night and also managed to see fantastic sets from Biffy Clyro & My Chemical Romance, with a DJ set from Zane Lowe. I have to say Zane Lowe is a DJ god.

As for Muse i am just lost for words to describe how good the show was. You get the sense that every second of the show has been planned and practised and it just is perfect. I doubt any gig will ever surpass that and i can't wait for the DVD to be out.

Gutted... thats only word I can use for not going.

It looked amazing, especially New Born when them satellites came to life

regarding DVD, its practially confirmed its happening - someone posted before about finding the producers sheet which showed they were filming, there was a pic but cant remember where it is. I cant wait for this to happen

Nice touch Matt with the 'close encounters' tune ha ha

Cletus just got back from Muse on Sunday at Wembley.

Biffy Clyro were quite good

My Chemical Toilet were pants & playing for a bunch of 12yr olds sat near us (who thought they were great)

MUSE....just the average awesome!!!

Cletus got loads of Youtube Muse footage to upload in next day or two. Will post links.

***(note to self....don`t go London with sulky self-centred bitch again)***

The Ex went to see Muse over the weekend, I didnt.

I went to see the Feeling in Chester, good gig in the middle of Delamere Forest. Thoroughly enjoyes it.

The ex got the better deal I'm afraid. The Feeling are dire, they are the worst band to emerge this century. Horrible, twee, sentimental rubbish. Even worse than Vanilla who had a minor hit with 'No Way'.

Cletus just got back from Muse on Sunday at Wembley.

Biffy Clyro were quite good

My Chemical Toilet were pants & playing for a bunch of 12yr olds sat near us (who thought they were great)

MUSE....just the average awesome!!!

Cletus got loads of Youtube Muse footage to upload in next day or two. Will post links.

***(note to self....don`t go London with sulky self-centred bitch again)***

Point me in the right direction when you upload matey. Check my myspace site out for a very very good video, about 8 minutes long that I found. Good quality too

www.myspace.com/danfurness

Point me in the right direction when you upload matey. Check my myspace site out for a very very good video, about 8 minutes long that I found. Good quality too

www.myspace.com/danfurness

:tu:

Here`s a link to one of my videos of Muse on Youtube.....

We were sat just behind the halfway line on the 1st tier.

(I`ve got about 8 or 9 videos altogether & will be uploading them all eventually)

BTW....Wembley Stadium is a fabulous building, but not worth £900m (in my view)...considering the millenium stadium cost a tenth of that to build. Who-ever was in charge of the money situation got seriously rubber-dicked.....in my view :unsure:

I'm also looking forward to seeing John Cooper Clarke in Blackburn on Friday

I'll tell you now and I'll tell you firmly

I don't never want to go to Burnley

What they do there don't concern me

Why would anybody make the journey?

I'll tell you now and I'll tell you firmly

I don't never want to go to Burnley

What they do there don't concern me

Why would anybody make the journey?

I saw him supporting The Fall at Burnley Mechanics a year or two ago and he actually did that rendition but tried to tell everyone that he really meant Haslingden but couldn't get anything to rhyme, so stuck with Burnley!! He also remarked on how pleasant Burnley was with it's wide variety of take away establishments. At this point, I think the pennty dropped that he might have been extracting the urine somewhat. :lol:

LOL Oasis :)

Ditto

Jo Wiley (radio 1 DJ) was at the gig on Sunday & said Oasis were at the Muse gig at Wembley. I like Oasis alot, but comparing their show to a muse show is almost laughable. Oasis just stand there whilst Liam monkey-walks around gurning. A Muse show is a shear explosion of colour, sound & extreme talent. No comparison.

Ditto

Jo Wiley (radio 1 DJ) was at the gig on Sunday & said Oasis were at the Muse gig at Wembley. I like Oasis alot, but comparing their show to a muse show is almost laughable. Oasis just stand there whilst Liam monkey-walks around gurning. A Muse show is a shear explosion of colour, sound & extreme talent. No comparison.

I'd love to see Oasis due to their catalogue of classic songs from my childhood, but they just would not stand up against Bellers and co im afraid.

Headlining Glastonbury again next year supposedly - was meant to this year but chose to play Wembley instead

At the moment, my main acts that I want to see are:

• Snow Patrol

• Razorlight

• The Fratellis

• Mundy

Anyone seen any of these?

I will probably be shot, but heres the main ones who I've seen already.

• Robbie Williams (absolute class act and true entertainer) x3 occasions

• Brian Adams x2 occasions

• Top Loader

• Stereophonics

• Ocean Colour Scene

• Mel C (yes, but she was very good all those years ago)

• Beautiful South

• Ash

• Doves

• Eagle Eye Cherry

• Macy Gray

• Moby

• Nickelback

• Counting Crows

• The Charlatans

• Kelly Osborne (support act who was the worst I've ever seen)

• Top Loader

Saw these when I was about 17 or 18 at squires in Bedford. All I can remember from the gig was the singers' comedy hair, breaking up with my then girlfriend (thank God), and the music being utter toilet.

• Stereophonics

Saw them at Reading 2000, and they were pretty good. The duet with Tom Jones was great.

• The Charlatans

Seen them at the V festival a couple of times. OK, but a bit boring. Inspiral Carpets were much better.

• Mel C (yes, but she was very good all those years ago)

Saw her at V 99, and she was OK. Not as sh_t as I had feared.

We were sat just behind the halfway line on the 1st tier.

(I`ve got about 8 or 9 videos altogether & will be uploading them all eventually)

BTW....Wembley Stadium is a fabulous building, but not worth £900m (in my view)...considering the millenium stadium cost a tenth of that to build.

Great video!

Nice view, i was about 3 from the front of the normal section, might have to try and get in the front little VIP section if i see them again.

I thought the stadium was great, just very expensive.

You mean you've never been to see Oasis live?

I imagine they are good and some of my mates have been but the entire muse setup is just amazing and they have everything in place for an amazing performance. Not to mention the graphics on the massive video screen, which are just mind boggling.

Dan: i think i only have 2 vids, i'll drop a link in when i put them up. Best one is the intro and Knights of Cydonia.

I`ve posted some more Muse at Wembley vids on my youtube (Cletus1875) feel free to check them out.

BTW.....i thought Biffy Clyro were excellent too, so good i downloaded the latest album....which sounds good too :tu:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.