BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pedersen

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

doesn't say what number he will have though?

i beleve he has gamst on his norway shirts.

i think there maybe a few complaints about this as folks who bought the new away shirt and had pedersen 12 on the back will be looking for some compo!!

on the upside gamst is cheaper to have than pedersen!!!

As Gamst is his mother's name and Pedersen his father's is this a Norwegian naming thing* or is that his mother chose not to take her husband's surname when they married?

i.e Do Norwegians use both parents surnames in this way?

As Gamst is his mother's name and Pedersen his father's is this a Norwegian naming thing* or is that his mother chose not to take her husband's surname when they married?

You're free to choose, there are no official "rules". I have onl my mothers name, not my fathers. Others have only their fathers name, and others again, like Gamst, have both.

If you want you can take your mother and your father's surename. And when you get married you can also take your wife's surename.

And if your wife also has her mother and father's surename in her name, well then you are one lucky boy with 4 surenames! :D Or am I wrong.. :huh:

Has any rules been changed this year?

Morten wanted Gamst on his shirt last season to, but did not get permission from the Premier League then.

Maybe this will stop the problem of people saying/writing Pederson instead of Pedersen.

The rules haven't changed, they just aren't very consistent. It's like Zurab not being allowed to put Zurab on his shirt when Stelios is.

If I remember correctly, the Premier League were prepared to allow Zurab, but not Zura. Seems to me the regulation is that players can use any part of their proper name, but no nicknames like "Gio" at Barca. Of course, when you consider that many Brazilian and Portugese players simply go by a nickname, the rule is a little bit inconsistent.

Got a bit of a scare today. Laughatthedingles text me saiying "no more pedersen"...so i text him back saying "what you mean..no more pedersen"

He then text saying "you will not see 'Pedersen' on the back of a Rovers shirt next season"

Pretty funny for him!

I think they should go back to the old school and just have numbers 1-11!

I don't suppose it really matter too much as long as we can see the name and the ref can book them properly.

Didn't Jordi Cruyff have "jordi" on his shirt because he didn't want to have to follow his dad's reputation?

As for Kerimoglu Tugay........first name second, second name first

That Norwegian thing about using either your mother or father's surname has resonances. There used to be a Lancashire thing of giving the first born a second "christian name" of the mothers's maiden name. My elder brother has our mother's maiden name as his second "christian name."

Does this ring any bells with anyone else? I'm sure it was common practice.

I'm a bit annoyed now really, i ordered my new Rovers away shirt with Pedersen, #11 on the back last Friday, came on Tuesday now i'm going to look a right Willy Wonka ain't i. If the club knew that this was going to happen why couldn't they have fore-warned (Sp) us fans and i would have got Savage #8 instead. I spent 56.40 on my shirt name, number and delivery.

aye, i got mine name and numberless as the morons in the shop didn't know what the squad would be (this isn't there fault, they are just generally morons)....i'll get gamst+whatever when the full thing is published.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.