BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shabani Nonda Signs

If it does go ahead, I can't wait to see this baord next year when Nonda lights up the Premiership.

I can't remember a Sparky signing where we ahve had a majority in favour of it at the start.

Do you want your words with salt and pepper?

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The decision to sign Nonda makes good sense in the light of the Sun's story this morning.

On the other hand you could argue that a front line of Nonda and Roberts looks desperately short of sharpness in front of goal to be the preferred starting duo.

I'm not sure Nonda looks good enough to be the 3rd choice striker on this season's evidence let alone a guaranteed starter.

Still, Benni isn't gone yet, a "big" club may not come in for him or, perhaps more likely, they'll want him for around 5m, we want around 10m and hopefully any potential deal will fall through.

• 3 weeks later...
Newcastle are also considering a second look at Congo international striker Shabani Nonda who was at Blackburn on loan last season from AS Roma.

United were keeping tabs on Nonda last season under Glenn Roeder and, although Allardyce will have his own ideas in the transfer market, the player is still within the Magpies’ sights and would be available at a knockdown fee.

The 30-year-old forward failed to hit the heights in Serie A with Roma after a goal-filled career in Switzerland and then France.

Nonda struck 36 goals in 75 games for FC Zurich before springing to prominence in France with 31 for Rennes and 57 for Monaco during an era of Champions League football when the principality club reached the final only to lose 3-0 to FC Porto.

Nonda then moved to Roma but struggled to recapture his form in one of Europe’s top leagues before being farmed out to Ewood Park last term.

Yet although Nonda shone at times for Blackburn under Mark Hughes, netting nine goals for the Lancashire club, the striker isn’t convinced that Rovers are the club for him.

Nonda would also offer some physical presence and strength for United too as Reading keeper Marcus Hahnemann knows only too well after breaking THREE bones in his hand after a challenge with him during the final game of last season.

Despite the fact that Blackburn have first option and are prepared to splash £2m to land Nonda, he may turn his nose up at the prospect of a permanent move to Ewood Park.

If they offer him more money then I don't see why he wouldn't go there. It's unlikely that he'll be in our starting line-up, especially if we bring in another striker this summer, so I can understand why he would consider all of his options.

Not sure I want him to sign, he was so frustrating to watch at times last season.

Don't think I can handle that again - also can he ever stay fit for long enough these days....

Edited by John

If they offer him more money then I don't see why he wouldn't go there. It's unlikely that he'll be in our starting line-up, especially if we bring in another striker this summer, so I can understand why he would consider all of his options.

If they offer more money then maybe. But that isn't what that little article suggests when it says he might 'turn his nose up' at the prospect of playing for us permanently. That kind of arrogance from an average player would (if true) be unacceptable in my book.

"He's not sure we're the right club for him?"

I've got news for you Chris, few of us feel you're the player to take us forward either so the feeling is entirely mutual.

I think it would be a heck of a break for us if Newcastle snap him up forcing us to look for a better option. They do keep helping us out dont they? First Souness and now hopefully Nonda.

My God! One report from a red top without quotes and you're already slagging him off!!!!!

Link needed to Extras series 2 when Andy "assaults Down Syndrome kid and his mother in restaurant rage"

"But it must be true, it's written...."

Link needed to Extras series 2 when Andy "assaults Down Syndrome kid and his mother in restaurant rage"

I saw that - he was well out of order, same with Nonda. He's an evil man.

My God! One report from a red top without quotes and you're already slagging him off!!!!!

Hope you noticed I said 'if true'...I'm not assuming any truth in it, just expressing my opinion in the case that it is true.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.