SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Uefa Cup Coverage?

spencey7

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Eurosport listing seems wrong to me as i have checked on my Sky planner and it is saying that Derry versus PSG is being shown on channel 410 with Bayer Leverkusen being shown at 9pm against some Swiss minnows.

I dont think his sky planner is wrong just heard the announcer on eurosport saying Derry is on tomorrow no mention Rovers pos confused with home leg which is on eurosport

I know it has only just been announced but i have checked numerous times today and it still says Derry v PSG and i had Eurosport News on a few hours back and the newsreader/narrator thing that they use was saying Derry v PSG live British Eurosport 19:45 BST

Its not that i don't believe the website link that has been posted on here, i'd just like it come up on my sky Box :)

So Pleasure who you calling a bed wetter now then??????

Sky are normally very fast to update programme changes on their planner.

I'm going to the home leg anyway so it doesn't matter if Eurosport are showing it or not.

Fair enough!

It is a shame that we are the only British side not on T.V. and we qualified through our league position and not via the Intertoto cup like the barcodes. Then again if you were working for a television network you would choose to show the matches they have, as they represent the possibility for higher viewing figures then what we would generate with the exception of Derry but then again they would possibly have every irish football fan watching them.

Lets just face it, to a television network we do not represent a big enough audience for them.

Edited by ihatethedingles

I like many read the Eurosport article and it read that this Thursday's game was been shown, if you look at this today the article has changed, emphasising the 2nd leg.

Obviously an error which has been corrected!

More annoying because I was originally going and now NOT!

Edited by Jammy

Fair enough!

It is a shame that we are the only British side not on T.V. and we qualified through our league position and not via the Intertoto cup like the barcodes. Then again if you were working for a television network you would choose to show the matches they have, as they represent the possibility for higher viewing figures then what we would generate with the exception of Derry but then again they would possibly have every irish football fan watching them.

Lets just face it, to a television network we do not represent a big enough audience for them.

the club should take a bit of the blame. there are enough sky channels and several PPV ones. millwall got their uefa game screened by bravo! we only have 700 tickets for the game.

it's down to poor marketing,......... again :angry:

the club should take a bit of the blame. there are enough sky channels and several PPV ones. millwall got their uefa game screened by bravo! we only have 700 tickets for the game.

it's down to poor marketing,......... again :angry:

Agreed sureley we have a higher profile and if i might be so bold as to say more fans than Bloody Milwall :angry:

However for everyone with a Broadband connection the game is being shown on Shanghai Sports, although I cant post a link it is available through most of the streaming softwares.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.