BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Middlesbrough 0 V Blackburn Rovers 1

We desperately need to take Ooijer out of defence. We've basically bought ourselves another Amoruso, just with a better CV. He'll leave on a free transfer in a couple of years after playing the majority of his Rovers career in the reserves. Anyway, back on topic, personally I'd go with a team of...

Friedel

Emerton Neill Todd Gray

Reid Tugay Savage Pedersen

Nonda McCarthy

Although I'd maybe consider playing Reid and Savage together in the middle as Boro tend to play with quite athletic central players, Tugay might find it hard to get into this one. Nonda should be ready for a start though, even if he doesn't last the whole game.

Edit: That is, of course, if Reid is fit. Bentley to fill in otherwise.

Edited by LeChuck

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its decently priced so i guess at 800+

dont forget a lot wont go after just paying £200 upwards to go to salzburg which is understandable

boro are an extrememly dodgy team, will beat man utd 4-0 but lose to pompey 4-0

i dont think they do many even games either

3-0 boro

Hmm, tricky one this.

Boro were knocked out of the Carling Cup by Notts County last night, so no doubt they'll be looking for a good performance this weekend. Huth made his (slightly dodgy) full debut and could well feature alongside Woodgate (who was rested against County) in their defence on Saturday.

A sensible prediction would be a draw, but as most people have already pointed out, Boro's form has been so inconsistent recently, you just never know how they're going to play.

1-1

I am surprised that so many on this thread are predicting Boro 0!! And Rovers X. I mean look at our defence so far… horrible! Obviously I am hoping for a win for Rovers but its going to be 1-2 or 2-3 if we win. Not a clean sheet. It would be lovely “keeping the nil” though and just the thing to really kick start the season for us.

So go on and prove me wrong. I just don’t see it happening. Come back Nelsen – Rovers need you!

Edited by brfcjon

Lawro has gone for a 2-1 win to us.

most be dodgy!!!

Theres a bung or something in there me thinks!!!!

I was planning a Lawro Watch for this season, but it's proven irrelevant now. He's no doubt predicted more success than we have actually achieved so far!

Could this be a throw back to Tommy Briggs?

Well spotted 92er! You seem to be the only one awake. I was indeed referring to to the famous occasion in 1954 when Rovers beat Boro 9 - 0 and our top scoring CF Tommy Briggs did not score any of them. And before anyone asks; yes he was playing in the match. Rovers scored 114 goals in the League that season and still only finished 6th.

Edited by Fife Rover

I was at a meeting in Central London that day and saw the results coming off one of those old tickertape machines.

Middlesbrough 1 Blackburn ("we lost today" says I) 5- stood there dumbfounded. I think we won 3-0 at Ayresome the next season and won the two after up there as well.

If there is any pride or motivation up in Boro these days, Rovers are in for a torrid opening 20 minutes after Wednesday's Boro result.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.