BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Middlesbrough 0 V Blackburn Rovers 1

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And did anyone see Jordan? I didn't and I didn't hear him either. Has he broken his consecutive run?

No he hasn't i saw him at half time!! Good win today, great goal by Nonda and the all round performance was pretty good despite being put under quite alot of second half pressure. Should now give the confidence to the players to go and finish the tie off on thursday so we can look forward to a few more european matches. :rover:

Why did SAS get thrown out?

And did anyone see Jordan? I didn't and I didn't hear him either. Has he broken his consecutive run?

aye jordan was their, lying low tho

i got kicked out for standing

and now its up to rovers wether they ban me from going football games :o

@#/?s, if only they knew

Edited by SAS

well worth that win. comfortable.

now, i've given ooijer some real stick,over the past few weeks, but he was superb.

he looked confident and commanding and hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

nonda put in a real shift and took his goal superbly.

emerton and bentley seem to be engineering a fine partnership.

MGP showed signs of getting back to his best. nearly knocked a ball boys head off his shoulders,in the warm up aswell.

incidently, looks like neill is off the pens.MGP was practising them before kick-off ;)

lastly, i thought our support was terrific today (i'd estimate between 5 and 7 hundred), who says we need a drummer to generate an atmosphere. :P

lastly, i thought our support was terrific today (i'd estimate between 5 and 7 hundred), who says we need a drummer to generate an atmosphere. :P

don't agree at all, think most of us were very quiet today (me included, went out last night..wasn't feeling very well)

Three years ago Macarthy and Nonda upfront would have had most of Europe worried.

Boro 0 Rovers 1

I have now got two results spot on in 6 games. I feel a Grooby coming on. But that could be my weirdo cat.

Great header by Help Me Nonda, superb. Happy man tonight!

That has gotta be one of the worst ever sides we play away from home all season. For the first 70 minutes they were rubbish.

Overall, the result far outweighed the performance which I thought was Ok but not that good as we didnt really create any clear chances with the domination that we had.

MGP was back to his poor self today I though but at least he helps defend. Defence was better and for me Neill has been very good lately. Savage ran his socks off again and overall a confidence-boosting 3 points away from home right before our biggest game of the season yet.

Only saw the highlights on motd but it appeared we wer very lucky. Boro had quite a few chances that only just missed the goal and one of their players got an alarming one on one situation handed to him on a plate.

Do that again Rovers and you won't get 3 points!!

Only saw the highlights on motd but it appeared we wer very lucky. Boro had quite a few chances that only just missed the goal and one of their players got an alarming one on one situation handed to him on a plate.

Thats why people moan at those who dont go to games! You dont get the real picture of a match where Rovers were comfortably the better side!!

Great win, 2 wins in a row, lets get into the uefa group stages now! :rover:

Don't they say champions win games they don't deserve to?!

From FMTTM, Boro fanzine.

"For the second time in a week an away side has come here and thoroughly deserved their win."

"Blackburn beat us 3 times last season and once again they seem to have our measure. This time the constant irritant that is Robbie Savage sapped and snapped the lifeblood from our midfield."

I think it depends on where you sat Pleasure. If, like I was, you were one of the singers in the top left of the away end, the atmosphere will have sounded pretty good. I'd say there were only about 80 (maximum) of us singing constantly, and I must say I was pretty disappointed with the rest of our support.

What I will say is that surely the Boro fans have one of the worst home support in the Prem? I know they get a few more on than us, but atmosphere-wise it was absolutely terrible. I thought Ewood was bad, but now it seems that our stadium is actually quite high-up there in terms of level of noise created.

Playing-wise I thought we showed glimpses of having the flowing football of last season, combined with the kamikaze defending of earlier this season;

Friedel - 7 - not much to do, but was tidy and kicked well

Emerton - 8 - excellent. Showed more attacking qualities today and was probably my MOTM.

Neill - 7 - His defending is getting better and better, but I still have question marks over positioning

Zurab - 6 - Hit and miss. He seems quite inconsistent and commits too many fouls

Ooijer - 8 - Thought it was his best game so far by a mile. Looked stronger and more confident.

Bentley - 7 - Faded in and out of the game, but showed he is getting better with every game

Tugay - 5 - I thought he was awful. Kept giving the ball away which is a shame because all he can do normally is pass

Savage - 8 - Workhorse again, literally box to box. Give him the captaincy.

Pedersen - 7 - See Bentley.

McCarthy - 7 - Unlucky not to score but was largely disappointing, and was outshone by

Nonda - 8 - Looks a bit short of fitness, but took his goal well and looks a real handful

Our subs didn't really get long enough, although Mokoena looked steadier than Tugay when he came on. I thought Hughes would have brought Gallagher on a bit earlier, and I would have preferred to have Sergio on the pitch rather than Mickey Gray.

On a side note, nice to see Gray seeing the funny side to all the stick he was getting from the Rovers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.