BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Allege Racism

I don't care what that idiot is suggesting!! :P

SAR, genetic pre-disposition is far different from actually what will happen. Lardos still can eat less and healthier. Went to school with a girl who had a "glandular" problem. I believed it until we had a candy sale and she practically made our quota.

I guess in the good old USA people are fat because there are so many fast food outlets and they don't when to keep their mouths shut :rolleyes:

Now what rhymes with Yank. It's w... whoops that would be breaking the guidelines which is easier than entering into a civilised,educated debate. But then you are American.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good heavens!

There are no fat footballers (well, Kevin Davis used to count, and we used to hurl insults at Jan Molby when he was warming up on the sidelines at Ewood, but he lost at least 50 calories laughing with us.)

I can't really decide if some on here are just being naive or just wilfully detracting from the main point.

It doesn't matter that Nondo or Roberts wasn't racially abused. It was McCarthy so let's stick to the crux of this discussion shall we?

If McCarthy was abused it wasn't because he is black it was because the colour of his skin was rolled up in a parcel and included with an insult.

"Benni McCarthy you are black" is not an insult.

"Benni McCarthty you are a c**t" is an insult, but not a racist one.

"Benni McCarthy you are a black c**t" is a racist insult.

How difficult is that?

If you can't grasp that then you need help.

The fact that Benni and a number of the Rovers players felt it necessary to have a pop at the Krakow player at the end of the game is enough for me.

So what's he getting all upset about then if he is proud? I don't condone racism, but agree that a 'colour of the skin' remark is surely no worse than someone calling you a 'fat pig' or a 'ginger freak' or whatever. They are all just remarks on someone's appearance with the intent on causing offence.

Believe it or not, in East European countries calling someone fat is more offensive than poking fun at the colour of their skin. But then again, we won't think twice about singing 'oooooooooh you fat bstard' at a goalkeeper will we?

The only difference is that everybody get's all uptight about racism when in fact it shouldnt make any odds what 'type' of offence it is. If someone called me a 'white bstard' I would NOT be offended.

Why is he getting upset? I'm sure that Benni has experienced some pretty tough things when it comes to racism given his age and when he would have been growing up in South Africa, why should he not be able to get upset if someone chooses to insult him purely on the basis of his skin colour? Why is anyone on here defending racism?

It is more offensive to insult someone's size than their colour in Eastern Europe? That may well be because they are all white (or slightly darker in some cases, but not black by any means).

You wouldn't be offended if someone called you a "white bstard" because there is no history behind what is being said, you or I have never had to deal with racism or even think about it, that is why we don't care.

If i was Benni in that situation, i`d just say "....& how much do you earn in a week?" then blow him a kiss whilst making a 'loads money' hand gesture.

Racist remarks are wrong, but things will always be said on the the football pitch to put opposing players off their game.

"Benni McCarthy you are black" is not an insult.

"Benni McCarthty you are a c**t" is an insult, but not a racist one.

"Benni McCarthy you are a black c**t" is a racist insult.

For arguments sake lets say Benni is illegitimate.Benni also happens to be black.On both counts one would not be able to argue otherwise.

Applying both descriptors re his skin colour and the fact he was born out of wedlock then one would have to conclude that he is:

A black #######.

Of course some would say that's an idiotic statement but, playing Devil's advocate, I would suggest otherwise.

I'm occassionally called a Pommie bstard.Whilst I'm sure the latter is untrue I nevertheless am not upset in the slightest by it. I'm sure rock_steady can cope with being called an offshoot of some Plymouth brethern person of the night.

Edited by SouthAussieRover

hang on a minute here....youve all now agreed what he said to benni(which i find unbelievable?)how the hell do you lot know what was said ?how do you lot know that the polish player never said a stronger word of his colour?or called him more than a black so and so?and why the hell should any black player tolerate any ###### take of their colour?or any other snide remark bout their background?do you not think blacks have suffered enough without them comin here and gettin abused?

do you not think blacks have suffered enough without them comin here and gettin abused?

eh? Are you for real? :lol: Try to employ logic and retain a sense of perspective jimmy. One of my ancestors* perished at Rorke's Drift! I dare say he would'nt have minded at all if all them damned racist Zulu's had just stuck to name calling from distance! :lol:

*bit of journalistic licence employed. :rolleyes:

If someone called me a 'white bstard' I would NOT be offended.

Me neither (speaking as both Ginger and 'stout'! :D ) and I'd much prefer a bit of sledging to his studs raking down my shins.

Storm in a teacup and not worth bothering about.

Some people are genetically predisposed to being fat in which case they struggle to do much about it.A bit like being ginger haired too.

Anyhow I'm going off on a tangent and in no way do I condone the alleged abuse McCarthy is reported to have suffered.

you're an idiot.

Most on here will share your opinion rock steady, but on this occasion and somewhat unusually SAR made a valid point.

Edited by thenodrog

eh? Are you for real? :lol: Try to employ logic and retain a sense of perspective jimmy. One of my ancestors* perished at Rorke's Drift! I dare say he would'nt have minded at all if all them damned racist Zulu's had just stuck to name calling from distance! :lol:

*bit of journalistic licence employed. :rolleyes:

Me neither (speaking as both Ginger and 'stout'! :D ) and I'd much prefer a bit of sledging to his studs raking down my shins.

Storm in a teacup and not worth bothering about.

Most on here will share your opinion rock steady, but on this occasion and somewhat unusually SAR made a valid point.

tell that to my nigerian wife thenodrog..shes been constantly name abused and spat at and treated like an inhuman person since shes been in europe...dont start that lets turn a blind eye to europeans doin that sort of thing...btw i am employin a logic and a perspective view of things...i see it 1st hand how europeans treat blacks and many many amny times iv held my tongue and my views....rorkes drift?...how bout the dutch slaughterin a whole tribe in south africa?how about the brits stealin gold and minerals form west africa killin countless in the process for what?because they were unprimative?

anyway if its the topics about racism then i wouldnt put up with a little tw@t behind me constantly givin me verbal abuse..benni did well to hold himself...anybody on here be happy bein called a white piece of trash or maybe inferior white boy for 90 mins??

I imagine we are one the only clubs that will turn a serious incident of racism towards one of our players into a ethical debate about whether he should have been offended or not.

The players and staff at our club have been working hard and spending money on "kicking racism of out football", and some people try to pass it off as a nothing incident.

Pathetic

In the report in the Daily Mail I think, it goes on to mention the guy who was convicted of racist behaviour against Yorke a couple of years ago, for absolutely no reason what-so-ever.

As if to say "Well Benni, your own fans are racist too so stop doing well for them"

And you're one too Korean John.

An absolutely stunning if somewhat unintelligible post from you until you edited it.

Although you haven't really added much more.What's especially sad about you is that you cant actually argue back and indicate your lack of intelligence with a pithy,empty reply.So go forth and multiply richard head.

Edited by SouthAussieRover

I guess in the good old USA people are fat because there are so many fast food outlets and they don't when to keep their mouths shut :rolleyes:

Now what rhymes with Yank. It's w... whoops that would be breaking the guidelines which is easier than entering into a civilised,educated debate. But then you are American.

First, sarcasm eludes you. Second, you are correct as to why people in the USA are fat. Genetics my bum, it's about not eating healthy and eating too much and not exercising enough.

Latest news from the alleged abuser in Krakow.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/...urn_Racism.html

"At the end of match I (Mijalovic) tried to ignore him, but he came closer and started to wag his hands in front of me."

Strange as the footage shows what must have been Mijalovic running across to Benni after final whistle 'to ignore him'.

Benni has absolutely no reason to pretend that this guy racially abused him. As for the closet racists, the ones pretending they're not racist that know deep down they are, you disgust me. Don't try to compare this to abuse of fat people. Fat people have never been rounded up and enslaved. They've suffered some abuse, but never on the same scale. Fat people are fat almost without exception because they eat too much and/or don't exercise enough. Black people are black because they were born to black parents. And plenty of other reasons that there is no cause to go into, because anybody who thinks this isn't despicable needs their head examined, or perhaps even blasted off.

There is more than one problem to be tackled I'm afraid.

Similar concerns were raised after Salzburg, and as I haven't seen reference anywhere else (only just got back from Poland so haven't checked all threads) I'm raising it here.

Some of the chants to be heard pre-match on Thursday, emanating from a bar on the scenic market square in Krakow, from a f*cked up minority of visitors to the city wearing blue and white shirts:

WE ARE THE ROVERS WE HATE PAKIS

CAREFREE WHEREVER WE MAY BE WE ALL VOTE FOR THE BNP

IF IT WASNT FOR THE ENGLISH YOU'D BE KRAUTS
(aimed at locals doing lunchtime shopping)

And something involving Jack Straw which I can't remember.

I can name two posters on this board who joined in with the "WE HATE PAKIS" bit. In fact one of them played in the fans game in Ankara and is a decent guy, so here's hoping he must have just been really beered up on Thursday. He looked it, otherwise (and if ever seen by me again) his real name and Ewood seat number would be in to the club.

Unfortunately, John Williams had his photo taken with some of the racist chanting morons. He happened to walk past the bar in a quiet spell, and like the decent guy he is, came over to chat with fans and pose with them for photos.

The thing is, it doesn't matter if it's only one or two idiots who sing this stuff. We're all in the same place wearing the same shirts. If 5 people out of 50 sing "WE HATE PAKIS" it rings around the location and we're suddenly all racist football thugs rather than great ambassadors for our club and town and country.

This stuff sticks. Rovers fans have a brilliant reputation away from home but a few knobheads are destroying it.

Last point before people put 2+2 together and make 5.

Thenodrog posts a lot of salient points on this subject, and I happen to agree with many of them. He was not in the bar on the square so it's not him. He provokes quiet debate on the internet. These "Rovers" in Krakow were openly and loudly dragging the clubs name through the dirt, in a country where sensitivity is paramount.

agree with you Tris. this was absolutely disgraceful..I turned around and had a go at some older guys sitting behind us at the bar you mentioned for singing the we hate pakis chant, and I don't think I can possibly post what that idiot replied to me without getting banned from brfcs. what a tosser

I see a lot of these people on away games and it was the younger guys who kicked it off, but several of the older generation joined in as well...

Find them, and warn them if they do it again, they'll be put in hospital. And put them in hospital if carry on. It's the only language some understand. Such horrible people have no right to exist in my opinion.

Thank you, the voice of reason. :wstu:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.