BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Allege Racism

Radio Lancashire have just reported that Rovers are to contact UEFA to complain about racist abuse during the match towards Bennie McCarthy. They appear to know the player involved. This may have been behind the fracas at the end of the match.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw the pushing and shoving and when they siad on commentary about possible racial abuse, then mentioned Mijailovic, i thoguht "well that don't surprise me".

anyway, if rovers have reported this to uefa, then in my mind unless some uefa officials actually heard or witnessed the racial slurs, then i can't foresee to much punishment being dished out, because all it is is a case of our word against their's.

According to Talksport UEFA have already said it will be difficult to find evidence. Cop out again! Yes, it's our word against theirs but it doesn't mean that it didn't happen and they should at least have the decency to carry out a proper investigation and not more or less wash their hands of it before they've even heard the details.

What makes anything said to McCarthy any worse than Rooney etc being called fat?

Well for a start calling someone fat is totally different to insulting them because of the colour of their skin.

As for taking it seriously, it should be the game is trying to get rid of this and has been doing so well. If they are sure he said these things then he should have the book thrown at him.

Well for a start calling someone fat is totally different to insulting them because of the colour of their skin.

Why is it totally different though? Both insults are meant to cause offence. If it had been the other way round - ie. McCarthy using racist language at the defender - would the defender have been so upset?

Why is it totally different though? Both insults are meant to cause offence. If it had been the other way round - ie. McCarthy using racist language at the defender - would the defender have been so upset?

Yes, he probably would, in the case of the other Mihajovic he was called a 'gypsy' by Viera after calling him a monkey. They both got told off I think.

yes but one you can do something about - the other you can't and shouldn't want to. He should be able to be proud of being a black south African doing well in international sport particularly after the history of apartheid

Some people are genetically predisposed to being fat in which case they struggle to do much about it.A bit like being ginger haired too.

Anyhow I'm going off on a tangent and in no way do I condone the alleged abuse McCarthy is reported to have suffered.

Some people are genetically predisposed to being fat in which case they struggle to do much about it.A bit like being ginger haired too.

Anyhow I'm going off on a tangent and in no way do I condone the alleged abuse McCarthy is reported to have suffered.

you're an idiot.

yes but one you can do something about - the other you can't and shouldn't want to. He should be able to be proud of being a black south African doing well in international sport particularly after the history of apartheid

So what's he getting all upset about then if he is proud? I don't condone racism, but agree that a 'colour of the skin' remark is surely no worse than someone calling you a 'fat pig' or a 'ginger freak' or whatever. They are all just remarks on someone's appearance with the intent on causing offence.

Believe it or not, in East European countries calling someone fat is more offensive than poking fun at the colour of their skin. But then again, we won't think twice about singing 'oooooooooh you fat bstard' at a goalkeeper will we?

The only difference is that everybody get's all uptight about racism when in fact it shouldnt make any odds what 'type' of offence it is. If someone called me a 'white bstard' I would NOT be offended.

I don't care what that idiot is suggesting!! :P

SAR, genetic pre-disposition is far different from actually what will happen. Lardos still can eat less and healthier. Went to school with a girl who had a "glandular" problem. I believed it until we had a candy sale and she practically made our quota.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.