BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Nancy Boys Are Coming

it was a poor performance but you can understand it with all the changes we made for the game. We got a bit of luck which we have not had this season and got the result we wanted.

So what makes Neill different? I find it laughable that you consider Neill's poor performance to be down to the fact that he doesn't want to sign a new contract, but at the same time you feel it is perfectly understandable that the rest of the team played poorly because of the number of changes made to the side. I think the term "double standards" was invented for you.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also quite mad with Hughes, defending him. He should be slamming him him for having a go at the very people who pay his wages, and have every right to voice their opinions.

So you would prefer - with Todd, Henchoz, Nelsen and Zurab unavailable this weekend - for him to have a go at him ?

I think his reaction was ill-judged. But then again I can understand him feeling disappointed and maybe upset at the reaction of the fans. He has always given 100% for Rovers - he has carried on playing 100% even though the club blocked his move to Liverpool. Personally I think ,on the whole, he has behaved well in a difficult situation. It is about time that Rovers fans woke up to the reality of the post Bosman era.

Edited by DavidMailsTightPerm

To whoever commented on the fact that the pitch looked poor last night, when you've had more than a month of rain as we have then what pitch in the world is going to look brilliant. I was down at pitchside on Tuesday and I seriously wondered if we might not be able to play if we had the level of rain we'd had earlier in the week again.

So you would prefer - with Todd, Henchoz, Nelsen and Zurab unavailable this weekend - for him to have a go at him ?

I think his reaction was ill-judged. But then again I can understand him feeling disappointed and maybe upset at the reaction of the fans. He has always given 100% for Rovers - he has carried on playing 100% even though the club blocked his move to Liverpool. Personally I think ,on the whole, he has behaved well in a difficult situation. It is about time that Rovers fans woke up to the reality of the post Bosman era.

Yeh its great how so many Rovers fans know exactly what is going through his mind when he pulls on the shirt.

Personally I don't blame him for getting his own back on the boo boys who started getting on his back as long ago as the Sheff utd game. Must have been great for him to feel that whatever he did for Rovers would be criticised.

If there was a remote chance that he would change his mind about leaving Ewood I'm afraid that has probably entirely disappeared. Unless of course Rovers make him see out his contract.

I don't agree. He should not have said them in the first place.

Shearer kept schtum until it suited him and ended up leaving us in the doo doo as far as finding a suitable replacement was concerned, so did Bellamy and so did the scottish weasel. At least MH and his team have had 6 months to make enquiries and weigh up the options for replacing him. Neill has absolutely no case to answer to anybody with rational thought.

I actually agree with Theno, even though I've been wandering from one side to the other for a few weeks regarding Lucas. I think it's sad that people take exception to his little "word" with the fans last night, he shouldn't have done it though. If it was up to me, I would give him a good applause in the next match, at least he would know we didn't all want him to leave. He's a good player who's done very well for our club - and as theno and others mention - at least we've known for a while we're going to have to replace him.

Good luck for Rovers, I hope we get decent dosh for you if you leave. If he leaves, he'll just be another opponent though..

In rugby l it is quite common for players (including club captains) to sign contracts for other clubs whilst still at their current one. Even though they're off at the end of the season it doesn't mean they put in any less effort or commitment until their time is up, and this situation is perfectly acceptable to players and fans alike.

Lucas is in a similar position (although not signed another contract obviously). Yes he should keep his mouth shut a bit more, but its really not in his interests to play badly is it? I'm sure that if Hughes didn't think he would play his best for Rovers then he wouldn't pick him.

Can someone explain what Neill actually did to the fans? I watched the game but didnt see the celebration (was busy spilling my pint all over myself) ;)

After scoring, he ran into the Blackburn End, pulled out a large, rusty knife, sliced the heads off six newly born babies-all of whom were wearing full Rovers kits AND had season tickets since they were spermatazoa, then dropped kicked their heads into the arms of the sobbing parents. Whilst laughing a bit. In a Liverpool kit.

people are being extremely harsh on peter, gally and nolan. they'll only improve and get used to the pace by playing games.

on neill, i like everyone else wasn't happy with his comments (& thought he should sign out of loyalty if only to ensure we get a decent fee), but, as i said back in June... you have to look at things logically.

he is a foreign professional footballer who has no ties to the area, or the club, and like it or not, blackburn rovers aren't viewed as a big club (by players).

his performances have been patchy, but the same can be said for a lot of players. his professionalism and commitment to the cause cannot be questioned (unlike a few others) and anyone who says otherwise hasn't been going to the games, or are looking for a 'Judas' figure.

on the poor performances, relax. i'm confident that the deficiencies will be sorted out in January and in the meantime, I'd prefer playing poorly and winning, rather than playing well and getting beat.

people are being extremely harsh on peter, gally and nolan. they'll only improve and get used to the pace by playing games.

It's much easier to be critical than supportive. Hence people writing off young lads just starting their careers on the basis of a couple of appearances.

Mind you, Gally and Jay seem to have been given enough chances so the jury is out on them.

After scoring, he ran into the Blackburn End, pulled out a large, rusty knife, sliced the heads off six newly born babies-all of whom were wearing full Rovers kits AND had season tickets since they were spermatazoa, then dropped kicked their heads into the arms of the sobbing parents. Whilst laughing a bit. In a Liverpool kit.

What scum Neil is. This action by Lucas disgusts me; I will boo him at Reading until the cows come. He deserves to be castrated and have 2 years in jail for killing babies. SCUMbag

(& thought he should sign out of loyalty if only to ensure we get a decent fee)

Though the whole issue has its own topic, this stuck out as quite a naive thing to say.

Why would he want to sign a legally binding agreement to stay at the club? So that:

a. Rovers can turn down any transfer offers for him, or

b. Liverpool (or whoever) refuse to pay a higher fee for him.

Both leaving him stranded in a job he doesn't want anymore.

We could have got a fee for him had we listened to the offer Liverpool made on deadline day; instead we kept what was at the time our only right-back and got some good (and some very average) performances in return. I can't see anything wrong with what he's done so far. Turned down a new contract and asked to leave, yet kept playing when told he couldn't go.

The only things I ever berate the guy for are his silly defensive mistakes.

Edited by sleepyjack

You clearly missed him doing the Nazi salutes in his Klu-Klux-Klan gear, whilst giving V signs to some orphans and charity workers. ;)

PS Does anyone go in the Fox & Hounds before the game? If so, have you seen the sign that says 'No kids without parents'? That really is mean on orphans ;)

Lucas has been used as a scapegoat just because we are'nt getting the results, why were'nt peple booing him earlier in the season??

He's played his heart out for us, but i'll be the first to admit that yesterday he was not at the races, what else do you expect after the kind of reception he got on Saturday?

Lucas is one of our best defenders, he attacks really well too, that goal yesterday proved it , it was like a strikers finish

Finally i would like to thank Lucas for his hard work and wish him all the best if he leaves in January!

Neill on his day is a much better right back than Finnan on his day, but the problem is that Neill is far more prone to making costly mistakes (usually either a horrible challenge or being out of position) and because of this may find it more difficult to keep a place down at Liverpool. Also, if he has any intention of breaking through as a centre half then Liverpool certainly isn't the place for him. I'm a big Neill fan and I'm sure that wherever he goes he will be a success, but I do wish players would sometimes take a step back and realise that in sports it is often far wiser to stay where you are wanted and established then to move to pastures new and find that it wasn't quite what you thought. Unfortunately few listen to that kind of thing and it is only made worse by the fact that very few of them are willing to admit to the fact they they were wrong and so end up simply ending their career by moving from one club to the other.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.