BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Nancy Boys Are Coming

Which is entirely true. This is the view of us at the moment from everyone outside Ewood, which is why it's so cringeworthy to read the utter tosh on here about conspiracies and such like.

You a ref or summat, you're always defending them.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hah, no, I'm not a referee. I agree that Premiership referees are @#/?, mainly because of the clowns who write the rules in the first place. I just think the idea that it's a conspiracy against Rovers is laughable, and if our fans (or, God forbid, our manager) constantly spout it to cover up terrible performances, we'll become a laughing stock...and rightly so.

Surely MH made him captain to show what the club thinks of him and to give him more responsibility and try and entice him to stay by showing a LOT of faith in him, this unfortunately backfired, perhaps when people started booing and bad mouthing him..... perhaps it could be said because of those people booing him he is even more determined to leave and play for a club where he may be more valued....just my thought on a thursday afternoon.

Though the whole issue has its own topic, this stuck out as quite a naive thing to say.

naive!

(one of the nicest things said about me on here:lol: ) but numerous players have signed a new contract and been sold a few months later.

i prefer being optimistic, than pessimistic, anyway

So what makes Neill different? I find it laughable that you consider Neill's poor performance to be down to the fact that he doesn't want to sign a new contract, but at the same time you feel it is perfectly understandable that the rest of the team played poorly because of the number of changes made to the side. I think the term "double standards" was invented for you.

cant and wont comment on last night cos i wsnt there but neill was absolute crap on saturday ,,especially for the 2nd goal,it was schoolboy defending ,it wasnt even sunday pub footy class

gally is a championship player very very poor last night .rovers did not play well last night ut we got the win .

but he never gets a run of games to get confidence and match practice unlike nodoh the black grabbi

So the good piece of Skill skinning their left back, and putting in a great cross near the beginning was just a hallucination then? Gally was only coming deep because he knew the donkeys in midfield werent capable of playing any decent balls to him or Derbyshire. How can you judge him on last night, The midfield were awful, and the defenders were just playing Hoofball everytime they got the ball.

So the good piece of Skill skinning their left back, and putting in a great cross near the beginning was just a hallucination then? Gally was only coming deep because he knew the donkeys in midfield werent capable of playing any decent balls to him or Derbyshire. How can you judge him on last night, The midfield were awful, and the defenders were just playing Hoofball everytime they got the ball.

Totally agree - by half time I was praying that MH would bring Tugay on. Not just because it was a dire match - but I felt that both Gally, Derbyshire and Peter all deserved far better service than what our poor midfield was offering.

There is no in-fighting at the club as far as anyone's aware. The problem is with a small minority of fans who seem to think it's acceptable to boo one of your own players just because he's said he wants to leave either in the next window or at the end of his contract. There doesn't seem to have been any falling out between Lucas Neill and his manager, board or fellow players so why fans can't just get off the manager and captains' backs and let them get on with their job, I don't know. I don't ask Mark Hughes or Lucas Neill how to do my job and I don't think they need fans telling them how to do theirs.

So if the players are asking you to get off Neill's back who is causing the problem? Not Lucas Neill as far as the players see it but a small section of fans. If you love the club as most on here seem to do then why not listen to Savage and Hughes and do as they ask?

Edited by gumboots

What is most concerning is that Hughes said we were the better team and DESERVED the win. What game was he watching? We looked ###### poor from the off, and totally lacking in ideas. Injuries has without doubt played a big part in this, but I just hope Hughes doesn't GENUINELY believe we were the better team /good tonight.

I completely agree mate.

I thought Rovers were absolute tripe last night and it was embarrassing to watch. It has started to seriously concern me the fact that Mark Hughes then praises the team after the side has performed abysmally.

I know that a lot of managers tend to "talk up their team" and put a positive slant on things. But personally I prefer honesty and I don't like it when managers try to pull the wool over the fans eyes and treat them like fools.

A blind man on a galloping horse could see that we were garbage last night - constantly giving the ball away ridiculously cheaply and having a painful lack of creativity or ideas going forward.

Perhaps Hughes is publicly praising the team and privately criticising them. I sincerely hope that is the case. Because if Hughes is actually seriously impressed with that shambles of a performance against Nancy, all I can say is that his standards are a lot lower than mine and I fear for the future of our team if he believes that it was an impressive display last night.

We are near the bottom of the Premiership because we have been pants this season. Somehow (extremely fortuitously) we have got away with it in Europe against decidedly average opposition.

We have won just one of our last eight Premiership matches (against a woeful Fulham side). Things drastically need to improve for us in the Premiership and frankly I'm getting more than a little irritated with Hughes praising the team after some abject displays.

Edited by Anti Euro Smiths Fan

I completely agree mate.

A blind man on a galloping horse could see that we were garbage last night - constantly giving the ball away ridiculously cheaply and having a painful lack of creativity or ideas going forward.

Perhaps Hughes is publicly praising the team and privately criticising them. I sincerely hope that is the case. Because if Hughes is actually seriously impressed with that shambles of a performance against Nancy, all I can say is that his standards are a lot lower than mine and I fear for the future of our team if he believes that it was an impressive display last night.

We are near the bottom of the Premiership because we have been pants this season. Somehow (extremely fortuitously) we have got away with it in Europe against decidedly average opposition.

We have won just one of our last eight Premiership matches (against a woeful Fulham side). Things drastically need to improve for us in the Premiership and frankly I'm getting more than a little irritated with Hughes praising the team after some abject displays.

Totally agree AESF.

Going back to last night , Neill shouldn't have done what he did but its was understandable given the booing on Saturday - however, as what has already been said he should not be Captain and Hughes has directly exacebated the situation as a result in doing so.

Lay off the newcomers give them a chance, the one I thought was awful last night was Mokoena.

Personally as we won I would start with the same line up on Saturday, then we might see what the players are made of.

Call me mad, bad and dangerous to know, I accept that conditions may not have been ideal, the pitch looked poor and it looked pretty windy, but if it was that windy why for the first 45 were we lumping high long balls forward for the wind to carry, surely short passing to feet would have been a better option to restrict the winds effect?

Well said . The number of useless high , long balls hoofed forward was an embarrassment to players aspiring to be premiership regulars .

Not only that but the ball control and passing of our lot was truly shocking at times . Add that to our inability to compete and battle effectively with the opposition (what used to be our strong point) and we have a very worrying situation .

The off the ball movement was non existent ; options for the man in possession therefore severely limited - yet these were supposed to be a team of players looking to carve a future in the team !

I am all in favour of new blood being thrown in to keep the regulars on their toes but it has to be said that none of those given their chance last night did anything to justify a place in the team on Saturday . Although , having said that , their isn't much to choose from the first 11 either way you look at it .

Savage and Neill were about the only ones who tried to play football last night . Mokoena had a decent 20 minutes at the start I suppose .....

Well said . The number of useless high , long balls hoofed forward was an embarrassment to players aspiring to be premiership regulars .

Not only that but the ball control and passing of our lot was truly shocking at times . Add that to our inability to compete and battle effectively with the opposition (what used to be our strong point) and we have a very worrying situation .

The off the ball movement was non existent ; options for the man in possession therefore severely limited - yet these were supposed to be a team of players looking to carve a future in the team !

I am all in favour of new blood being thrown in to keep the regulars on their toes but it has to be said that none of those given their chance last night did anything to justify a place in the team on Saturday . Although , having said that , their isn't much to choose from the first 11 either way you look at it .

Savage and Neill were about the only ones who tried to play football last night . Mokoena had a decent 20 minutes at the start I suppose .....

This is going to hurt. But all bar the bit of Moko, I agree with you. :D

This is going to hurt. But all bar the bit of Moko, I agree with you. :D

Bloody hell! Philip n' eddie agreeing with me, Tris (or aesf ) agreeing with scotty and now stuwilky backing up Blue Phil! Whats going on? This boards going down the nick faster than BRFC's support! Thank fcku that we ALL still have despising old Sulkings to fall back on. :tu:

Bloody hell! Philip n' eddie agreeing with me, Tris (or aesf ) agreeing with scotty and now stuwilky backing up Blue Phil! Whats going on? This boards going down the nick faster than BRFC's support! Thank fcku that we ALL still have despising old Sulkings to fall back on. :tu:

Something strange going on here. I used a well deserved derogatory adjective in a post in relation to the murdoch minge munching journo at 4.36 this morning and it has been edited - electronically or manually - to sulkings.

Is the Dawk being granted special protection??? We should be told.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.