BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

Guest Kamy100

Are you speaking as someone "in the know" or is this just an opinion Kamy?

I hope we keep him and play him. He will definitely get goals for us and if he goes he will definitely score goals for his new team...

Just my opinion.

No idea if a bid has been made or not, regardless I would not sell him to anyone in the bottom half of the Premier League as it will just make them stonger. Even if we got £2 million or even £2.5 million, we won't be able to get someone of Benni's quality. I am fan of his so am baised, I agree that he is not the perfect professional but against Fulham he showed that he still he can have a positive impact.

• Like 1

I wish I was as fat as Mr McCarthy :rolleyes:

I prefer Fat Benni to Mr McCarthy. :wacko:

Just my opinion.

No idea if a bid has been made or not, regardless I would not sell him to anyone in the bottom half of the Premier League as it will just make them stonger. Even if we got £2 million or even £2.5 million, we won't be able to get someone of Benni's quality. I am fan of his so am baised, I agree that he is not the perfect professional but against Fulham he showed that he still he can have a positive impact.

I agree, and if he was a model professional then he'd be at a far bigger club than ours. I too would rather he was on our side than against us towards the back end of the season, but he really frustrates me as we know he can do it but never know when he's going to be bothered!

Edited by unluckymorton

Just my opinion.

When he is at his best he is one of our best players but his head will be turned now and he will want to leave and he will do everything he can to make the move happen.

I don't think we will see another decent performance from Benni again which is a shame.

I hope I am wrong.

When he is at his best he is one of our best players but his head will be turned now and he will want to leave and he will do everything he can to make the move happen.

I don't think we will see another decent performance from Benni again which is a shame.

I hope I am wrong.

There's always tonight Rob. He's got to start after Sunday's performance.

Guest Kamy100

I hope I am wrong.

I don't think that he will have to do much to make the move happen, as consistently over the last 6 weeks or so Sam has been saying that the club will sell him subject to a suitable offer.

I think Benni's unique approach to his fitness levels has not gone down well with Sam, he has obviously been given weight targets which he has not met on a number of occasions, whilst I am against selling him, I can see Sam's point of view, it must cause problems within the squad, if other players do make their targets and see that Benni is getting away with it.

Edited by Kamy100

My gut feeling is Benni and Di Santo.

Wouldn't surprise me... For me Niko has to start, scored against Villa in the FA Cup, hit the post twice against them in the first leg and has looked dangerous and trying to create something when he has played. I'd pick Niko then pick the formation/personnel to generate some chances for him.

Not sure he will. Dunny was rested for this game tonight, i think its likely Kalinic will start with Dunny just behind him.

As much as I like Dunny, I don't think he warrants a start tonight after the way the lads performed against Fulham.

How's about a bit of stability and continuity Sam???

Sorry I thought you suggested the midfield had played so well Dunn shouldn't be back in the team.

Not at all mate. Although the midfield was an improvement to a midfield partly consisting of Andrews, I'd love to see Dunny & Reid in midfield tonight with Benni & Nicko up front and with Junior and Bert on the wings we could be in business.

Not at all mate. Although the midfield was an improvement to a midfield partly consisting of Andrews, I'd love to see Dunny & Reid in midfield tonight with Benni & Nicko up front and with Junior and Bert on the wings we could be in business.

I'd go with the same team that started against FUlham for the first 50 minutes and then take it from there. Dunn in central midfield isn't an option for me, he doesn't really have the legs to command the middle of the park. He's far better playing in the 'hole' behind the striker and infront of the midfield.

• Backroom

I'd like to try him in midfield and see what he has (Dunn this is). For me dunn being fit last week was a hinderance to us as he was useless and Benni would have offered more imo

Benni has to start tonight he's in the shop window and on national TV I'm sure he'll want to impress.

I'd like to try him in midfield and see what he has (Dunn this is). For me dunn being fit last week was a hinderance to us as he was useless and Benni would have offered more imo

Benni has to start tonight he's in the shop window and on national TV I'm sure he'll want to impress.

I agree but I can tell you now (before the teams have been announced) that Benni will not start tonight. This manager does not think he is a team player and he rates Dunny.

Just my opinion.

It's not just your opinion kamy, it's mine too. :rover:

I agree but I can tell you now (before the teams have been announced) that Benni will not start tonight. This manager does not think he is a team player and he rates Dunny.

Be a pity if he does not start with or use Bennie tonight. As this could be his last game for Rovers and hopefully he'll want to play ablinder - he may also wish to make up WHU's minds up for them, and get them to cough up the money being asked.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.