BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shaun Wright Phillips

Chelsea have said they will listen to offers for Phillips and being that Chelsea pratically gave Duff to Newcastle, I just wonder how much of a loss Chesea would be willing to make to let him go.

West Ham are already sniffing around and I would suspect Villa would be interested as well, Man City would also be interested in him.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...n+to+SWP+offers

Although he would undoubtedly improve our team, I feel that a right winger is the least of our worries. We have Emerton and Bentley (two of our better players this season) that can play in that position, not to mention the likes of Gallagher waiting for a chance.

A central midfielder and a new striker are a must for me. Anything else will be a bonus.

SWP is so much a shadow of his former self, I now hope to see his name on the team sheet against us.

WHammers are reportedly starting the bidding at £10m. Chelsea are writing down £21m over four years aren't they?- they won't sell for under eight figures at the moment.

Duff's £17m transfer had been written down by three quarters when he went to Newcastle on a knock-down deal. The main reason why Duffer is a bar code is that Newcastle are the only non-big four club not blinking at paying £5m+ pa to individual players.

The issue on all ex-Chelski players are not so much their transfer fees but their wages which are way outside of the Rovers' structure. If Chelski's very real need for a right back means that their reported interest in Neill is concrete then Rovers might get a deal to bring Bridge in the opposite direction. But SWP- I don't see it.

SWP is so much a shadow of his former self, I now hope to see his name on the team sheet against us.

WHammers are reportedly starting the bidding at £10m. Chelsea are writing down £21m over four years aren't they?- they won't sell for under eight figures at the moment.

Duff's £17m transfer had been written down by three quarters when he went to Newcastle on a knock-down deal. The main reason why Duffer is a bar code is that Newcastle are the only non-big four club not blinking at paying £5m+ pa to individual players.

The issue on all ex-Chelski players are not so much their transfer fees but their wages which are way outside of the Rovers' structure. If Chelski's very real need for a right back means that their reported interest in Neill is concrete then Rovers might get a deal to bring Bridge in the opposite direction. But SWP- I don't see it.

Plus Duff is now crap, injury and arrogance led to his knock down fee

sadly, we'd be wasting our time.

most of the league are after him; including southern giants: spurs- (chelsea's are pointlessly trying to use him to try and get lennon), arse, wham. pompey.

now, he'd prefer to stay in london, especially since his brother has gone to southampton, but other teams like villa, newcastle and boro would also be able to offer him substantial wages.

as i said at the time, we shouldve gone for him this time last season (on loan). he was more than keen.

It'd be an absolute huge signing for our team, finally providing us with some much needed pace in midfield. The fact that he can consistently beat his man, nick the odd goal or two and provide service to our front two wouldn't go amiss either.

Alas, Chelski are asking for £10m for him, minimum - about £6m outside of our price range. Plus, half of the Prem (the half that can afford him) is after his signature.

Have you seen MGP on teamtalk saying Beckham would be welcomed by the Blackburn players should he decide to join.

No Sh1t sherlock :D

the X man utd players we have had in recent years

hughes

cole

yorke

gillespie

curtis

berg (before and after)

spector (loan)

cant think of anymore say in the last 10 years

the X man utd players we have had in recent years

hughes

cole

yorke

gillespie

curtis

berg (before and after)

spector (loan)

cant think of anymore say in the last 10 years

spector never made it if I am remember correctly he was recalled before even arriving !!

If Chelski's very real need for a right back means that their reported interest in Neill is concrete... .

I've not seen or heard this. :unsure:

But gee i'd like it to be true.

Pack your bags lucas - just in case.

We have no hope with SWP - he'll stay down there, somewhere.

I cant believe any of the talk about Becks either - but if Hughes pulls Becks out of his hat - he can have the keys to Blackburn and my house.

We're not far off a red hot squad. A left back. Reid and Nelsen back. And everything would fall into place. Injuries do my head in.

Dear Santa,

Could I please have:

One pacey left back - dare I say it - just like Emmo but with a left foot. [And answer me this - WTF would Bridge sign a new contract with Chelsea. What a greedy halfwit]. Sorry Santa for that out burst.

Reid and Nelsen to miraculously fully recover [to full fitness].

Thank you,

Scott.

Ps: I didn't like the cowboy boots and ping pong set you gave me last year. :tu:

Isn't he scoring again, albeit in the Championship.

As for SWP being better than Bellamy, well I'm inclined to agree - especially when you factor in personality and proneness to injury.

SWP better than Bellamy Exiled rover? Different as chalk and cheese - SWP is a head down runner, Bellamy is a footballer of the top order.

No reason to get involved in the bidding war. Even if Hughes and Williams could scrap the needed 8 figure sum somewhere, we could use the sum far more wisely. Not that it's going to happen either, but I'd take Becks over SWP any day.

We really should concentrate on the left back, central midfield and striker issues rather than trying to get involved in SWP saga. The Neill <-> Bridge swap sounds really good, hopefully Hughes can fool Mouninho & Arnesen to swallow the bait.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.