SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pardew

den

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been a sacking waiting to happen ever since wham got promoted. Couldn't stand the odious, orange-faced git myself, but a change of manager has to be a Bad Thing in terms of shooting them back up the table.

Pardew out! Pardew Out!

Hughes In! Hughes In!

joking.

Well we can laugh but I'm not sure we should.

Aside from Curbishley and Eriksson it is hard to see who is available who will appeal to the new chairman and his war chest. The Swede might well not fancy taking on a smaller club, and I doubt he would go down well with the Hammer fans either.

If I was in his position I would fancy my chances of getting Hughes. The other obvious candidate would be big Sam but Bolton's excellent form makes it extremely unlikely he will jump ship, same goes for Redknapp.

In the betting Glenn Hoddle, David O'Leary and George Graham have all been mentioned. I doubt any of them really match the chairman's ambition.

I am moderately worried about this. Of all the currently employed Prem managers I think Hughes is the one who matches appeal with the possibility of actualy being interested in moving in light of morbid recent results and a lack of cash, and the potential for expansion at West Ham to meet his own ambitions.

Hopefully the fact we are only 2 places above them in the table will put Magnusson off.

Roy Hodgson went for less...

I think the main thing to bear in mind is that Hodgson was (apparently) very unpopular with the senior players. I don't think for one minute that Hughes and his team have "lost" the dressing room.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.