BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bellamy Vs Benni

joeh8

On the other hand...lets carry on and keep signing a different striker every season who scores 20+ and gets us into europe and makes us a pofit then scores 4 at their new club so we can larff... :)

Benni to Chelsea to score 3 after getting us to champions league then...bring on next seasons 2.5m hot shot...what a business

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually its NOT just the media. Benni himself said he DIDNT know if he had one, which is rather peculiar and out of the blue and weird as well if he doesnt know his own contract!

Doesnt actually suprise me with the way the Agents seem to work. He may well have a clause like that. After all an agent would like the possibility of another transfer that Rovers cant stop. Means he gets more work.

Doesnt actually suprise me with the way the Agents seem to work. He may well have a clause like that. After all an agent would like the possibility of another transfer that Rovers cant stop. Means he gets more work.

No other top flight clubs' players apart from ours seem to have these silly bloody types of clauses though.

Of course we don't know if there's any truth in the McCarthy rumour but it was always going to be the danger after Bellamy, that agents would perk their ears up and everyone joining would insist on a similar clause, leaving us screwed if the player has a good season and buggers off.

No other top flight clubs' players apart from ours seem to have these silly bloody types of clauses though.

Of course we don't know if there's any truth in the McCarthy rumour but it was always going to be the danger after Bellamy, that agents would perk their ears up and everyone joining would insist on a similar clause, leaving us screwed if the player has a good season and buggers off.

Well Hughes hasn't come out and said Benni hasn't got a clause which would be the obvious thing to do, so I would hazard a guess that he probably has. But as with Bellamy at the time of signing we needed to offer a deal that means he will sign for us rather than anyone else. It would be sad if we ended up losing Benni for 5 million in the summer, but not as sad as not getting a forst rate quality player in the first instance.

I'm not sure how you can blame Hughes or the board for this if its the case, we have to be competitive if we want to sign quality players at prices and wages we can afford. Good players and big clubs hold all the cards, there are very few hands around for Hughes and John Williams.

Also very stupid as well Rev IMO - have your hands stung once but not twice regardless of the circumstances.

Quite agree with you. I was more making the point as to McCarthy not being aware about it. He may well have left the negotiations to the agent completely. And just had a quick glance at the contract taking in the basic wage and length and have signed. His agent may have added this in (if it even is) so he can get a cut at a latter date.

Cant see us getting bitten twice like this, I'm sure JW and MH had the the Bellamy clause in their minds when negotiating with Benni and his agent.

Benni has come out and said he wouldnt leave the club unless Rovers wanted to sell him.

and even if there is a clause it does'nt mean to say Benni would leave anyway, Bellamy only went because it was Liverpool that came in for him.

the 29-year-old insists he will never let the Ewood Park side down.

"I don't know if I have a get-out clause here but if a big club came in and Blackburn wants the money and said yes, I would be interested," said McCarthy in the News of the World.

"But I want to be loyal to the people who finally gave me a chance. Blackburn showed a lot of determination to get me and I have a lot of respect for that. So if they want me to stay, I will stay. Blackburn's wish is my command.”

So how much of that don't you understand? Bellamy never came out out and made comments like these.

Seems to me there is no point in worrying.

There would be no reason for a clause.

If it had been asked for and Rovers had said no would Benni still have signed? Of course he would. Why wouldn't he? The guy was desperate to come to the Premiership and leave Porto reserves. It would take some high levels of incompetence to emerge from that position of strength to agreeing to a minimum fee release clause as low as £5million.

This is surely just paper talk.

If it had been asked for and Rovers had said no would Benni still have signed? Of course he would. Why wouldn't he? The guy was desperate to come to the Premiership and leave Porto reserves. It would take some high levels of incompetence to emerge from that position of strength to agreeing to a minimum fee release clause as low as £5million.

we got done last summer by bellamys clause and if this was to happen again with benni for 5 million it would be a real kick in the teeth. yeah 2.5 million profit but who cares!!

for us to have offered, or in order to sign benni in the first place with this so called clause by demands from him or his agent should of been dismissed. i cant see the board agreeing to a clause after the bellamy saga.

i hope it is just paper talk and it's not true but where theres smoke, theres fire. somebody call 999!!

Did anyone else realise you can watch MOTD from 8pm if you press the red button? I did that last night - and then it keeps getting repeated - so ended up watching Rovers twice :P

Thanks for that info LW. I certainly did not realise that. Is it the same as or similar to Footie First on Sky?

How much of each match do they show?

If other clubs had been interested, West Ham and Man City were reported to have been, then the clause could have been the decisive factor in him coming to Ewood Park. Don't know whether it's true but a definite possibility.

Replace the word work with money and you are right.

On the subject of us being the only club to do these silly clauses I'd have to disagree. I can't now put my finger on them but I seem to hear constantly about players and their get out clauses.

Hughes has, to our knowledge, done it ONCE. Let's say we had not agreed to Bellamy's clause and he had gone of to play for say Notlob and played as well for them as he did for us. I have no doubt in my mind the same folks on here whining about a clause would have been crying foul for us not giving him the clause.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived