BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ooijer Out For Season

Bobby G

Very disappointing. Didnt realize it was that serious and at his age, BIG BIG QUESTION MARKS must be put against his future in the game in terms of returning to his best. :(

His transfer has never come off great due to the fee involved and the time it has taken for him to really settle but with this injury things could not have gotten worse.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/breakingnew...6359695,00.html

His father in law explains that they were fearing for his career, but that wont be the case.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a disaster, these injuries are massivekly difficult to get over and when you are in your 30's and in th Premier League there are going to be question marks as to whether you will ever play again

Was sitting just behind the goals, you could tell it was a bad one from the reaction of the players Tugay in particular who was grimmising when he saw the injury.Hope he recovers soon

Bitterly dissappointed for the lad and the team. I really liked himand was looking forward to him and Ryan. I thought he had a rough start but has been quite good for a while now. Of course there are those that jumped on his every mistake to help back up their misdirected opinions but all around I would say a good signing. Get well soon Ooyah.

Wish the lad all the best for a full recovery but looking at it objectively, sorry no great loss based on his form thus far.

Ooijer is a great loss, Hughes obviously thinks highly of him, Ooijer is our 2nd best defender behind Nelsen, if you dont realise this you really are as gormless as your post! :angry:

Gutted for Ooijer, him and Nelsen would have been one of the best pairings in the prem at CB... :(

Every player needs time to settle in... didn't it take a season for Henry, Pires etc. to get used to the prem? He has played his part in our recent good run... without him it will be tougher until Nelsen is back....

Get well soon Andre!

Ooijer is a great loss, Hughes obviously thinks highly of him, Ooijer is our 2nd best defender behind Nelsen, if you dont realise this you really are as gormless as your post! :angry:

Senntiment aside, he isn't anywhere near as good as Nelsen or Todd and even Henchoz has played a lot better than him in terms of overall play but he gets done for pace occasionally.

gutted for the bloke as he has been excellent of late, he looked in alot of pain and i hope he makes a speedy recovery.

looks like emerton will fill in at right back for the rest of the season with neill on his way.

if emerton gets injured, we will have to turn to the youth as we our fairly short now in the right back slot unless hughes decides to purchase another player in the window.

I'm sorry Rev but if you really think Andre is not good enough you just don't know a good CB when you see one.

And please dont use Nelsen as a yardstick to compare him with. Nelsen is not a good CB; he is an absolutely outstanding CB, and therein lies the difference.

Anyway to return to the sad loss for Andre: I wish him a speedy recovery and hope that he will once again be seen in the blue & white halves before too long. I wish there was some way that all the Rovers fans who wish him well could somehow collectively send their best wishes to him, because right now he must be feeling really down and would surely appreciate it if he felt the fans are rooting for him.

Archived