BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ooijer Out For Season

Bobby G

gutted for the bloke as he has been excellent of late, he looked in alot of pain and i hope he makes a speedy recovery.

looks like emerton will fill in at right back for the rest of the season with neill on his way.

if emerton gets injured, we will have to turn to the youth as we our fairly short now in the right back slot unless hughes decides to purchase another player in the window.

He said after the game we had a lot of people who could fill in! :unsure: Mokoena? Zurab? Henchoz? Not ideal really...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Twas sickening. The friggin ###### in the pub were shouting "Yeah yeah get up you tossa". What I would have given for a shotgun*.

When Savage was motioning for the stretcher, I feared the worst. Greedy aussie off to London and now Ooijer injured.

On another note, the only silver lining is that Nelsen will shortly be coming back (touch wood).

Oh and we won 3-0.

* to frighten them off of course...

:tu:

Very sad news about Ooijer. Wish him all thevery best for a complete recovery. There are probably another two top years in him at CB if he comes back and by the sound of things, the operation should sort it all out for him.

Was so much looking forwards to the Ooijer/Nelsen CB pairing as I reckon that was going to be the best central defensive combination in the Premiership, never mind Blackburn Rovers.

We have great cover in Zura, Henchoz and Todd but Ooijer was showing he was a class above the other three.

Our RB options are suddenly looking very limited.

I am sure Hughes' comments are designed to stop Hertha or Liverpool or whoever upping their prices. Unfortunately, supporters read these things too literally.

I think Ooijer is one of those players who will go up in our estimation while he is out injured. I think he has been class recently, and there are very few strikers who have got the better of him recently.

We will miss him especially in Europe where he has looked extremely good. At the time I could not understand why we brought in Henchoz, I now do. Well done Hughsey.

I dont understand how anybody can say that Ooijer will hardly be missed.

Get fit soon Andre!

How long does it usually take to come back from such an injury?

Six to eight weeks for the bone to heal, depending on the break. Then there's any ligament damage, plus rebuilding muscle...then finding your match fitness again. So, it'll take a while.

Two points i wanted to make about the Ooijer injury really. One, major respect for Robbie Savage, dont know if anyone saw, but he went across imediately called for the stretcher and put his hand over Andre's eyes so he could see his leg. When i dislocated my knee a while back, the thing i really wished someone had done was make sure i couldnt see what i had done. I did however look down and as i was recovering i had really bad memories of it happening and seeing what had happened if that makes sense.

Secondly, i obviously wish Ooijer a speedie recovery... I didnt agree with the guys signing originally, but i have to admit that he has been one of our most solid defenders in recent games, and he has certainly portrayed himself excellently in our side.

Get well soon Andre!! I hope they keep him involved with the first team. In my experience with injuries, its always best to stick close to your best mates to keep morale up. So get down to that training ground on your crutches Andre, the lads will keep your chin up!

On a last note, Emerton for the right of defence with Zurab as back up... But it might be a good idea to buy a right sided player in Emerton's style who can play right midfield just in case of further injuries (touch wood)...

Oh and to the guy who said injuries come in 3's, well Roberts, Ooijer, Jeffers, Reid, Nelsen and Gally... so we had our fair share this season. 3 and 3 so we shouldnt have any more (again touch wood)...

Why was Ooijer playing right-back anyway?

Why wasn't Emerton playing there with Ooijer and Khiz in the middle?

I shudder every time I see Henchoz on the team sheet... he looks like he plays with an invisible zimmer-frame! He's soo slow and looks as mobile as Ozzy Osbourne!

I think MH regards Ooher as the better defender and Emerton as the better attacking option.

I shudder every time I see Henchoz on the team sheet... he looks like he plays with an invisible zimmer-frame! He's soo slow and looks as mobile as Ozzy Osbourne!

Bit harsh on Henchoz i think, whilst he shouldnt be a first team regular i think in the few games he's played he's coped pretty well.

I dont think we need to sign a new defender because Andre is out as when Nelson gets back we'll be pretty well covered in that area.

Archived