1. 1. Are you happy with the Warnock signing

• Yes
    • Time will tell
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't too keen when he was the makeweight in the Neill deal, but when Hughes decided to pursue him regardless of that deal then it means he really believes he could do a good job for us, that he's a direct replacement for Neill. That's basically what has swayed me to a "yes". I don't really question his signings as he has yet to do a proper "Souness".

Time will tell if he actually does the business but I have every faith that he will. It also helps that the Liverpool fans weren't too keen to lose him.

Well I have voted "time wil tell"! What else makes any sense? the guy is an unknown quantity to us, but as others have said I trust Sparky's judgment and therefore I expect to be pleasently surprised as with the Admiral. Fingers crossed! ;)

Just realised only 7 to go!

English, 25 years old, champions league experience and schooled at Liverpool - all for between £1m and 1.5m. In todays market it would seem to be a reasonable transfer.

I think we have got the best possible replacement for Neill. I have to admit I have seen little of him, but crucially he will restore a much needed balance to our left side. Expect to see the best of MGP between now and May.

Additionally, let's see if Jay has it in his locker to give Warnock a real fight for that left back spot.

Hughes added: "I just like his attitude to the game. He wants to get up to people, to put pressure on people and really he just fits the bill as far as I'm concerned.

Exactly what I've been trying to say for some time now. I really feel he'll become one of the most popular players at the club. He used to be a winger so he's useful going forward, add that to his aggression and determination in defence (Hughes also mentions his left foot giving us balance that Neill didn't) and we may even have a more useful player on our hands than Neill. Considering what £1.5 million usually brings in these days, we've done exteremly well to get someone who is in his mid-20s, has Champion's League experience and an England call-up under his belt.

I can't wait to see him play for us. I have a feeling that Pedersen will really like playing with him as well...with Emerton and Bentley flying down one wing and Warnock and Pedersen the other, we're looking really strong out wide now.

i think that warnock will be just fine. i would still like to see mh add the ukrainian lad as well. a team as involved as rovers needs to be able to rotate its players.

He could prove to be the defensive equivalent of Bentley. A young lad, fairly unknown quantity but occasional glimpses of promise, schooled at a big club but not able to break into the first team regularly. Comes to Rovers, top quality coaching & promise of regular first team experience. A few games to find his feet, then established as a valuable member of the team and with years ahead of him. Well that's the plan!

Asked a couple of Liverpool-supporting mates and both agree he's a good athlete, fast, great 'engine', decent crosser and a very hard tackler. His problem is that he's a bit 'raw', slide-tackles pretty much anything that moves, and consequently gets a ridiculous amount of injuries.

Delighted. Good young left back and, let's face it, better than Mickey Gray! My mate's a Liverpool season ticket holder and he is gutted they've sold him. He has been fuming that Warnock hasn't played more games this season and the likes of Aurelio have.

A good signing IMO. He could be the answer to our left back problems. He's found it hard to break into the Liverpool team over the Riise, which is no disgrace. Hopefully Jay McEveley is now seen as his back up and will be used incase of injury, suspension or loss of form.

I can't say I've seen him play , I have but can't really comment cos I don't even remember how well he did.

I hope Le Chucks enthusiasm is correct, Sparky likes him, "pool fans give praise for his work ethic, that's the first hurdle right there.

Let's hope for glory with this one.

Time will tell with Warnock.

I will always give Hughes the beneit of the doubt on his decisions. What I saw of him in his last game for Liverpool in 6-3 defeat to Arsenal. He gave striking similarities to Lucash, where he can hit hard in a chellenge and looks a threat going forward. I would like to see him become a success and a crowd favourite and we can show that although Lucas was a steady performer for us, we can still move on without him.

However, his proness to injury is a concern. I still thought that Chris Barid would have been an ideal signing, as he's proven himself on the International front and a steady line of performances at club level. At that, he can place across the back four as well as the ability to adapt into a midfield anchor role with ease.

Archived