BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea 3 Blackburn Rovers 0

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I managed to watch the game and we did manage to attack but I'm struggling to remember a shot on goal, apart from at the end. Warnock and Pedersen linked up well at times and Warnock had a great run into the box in the first half, shame Essien got to him.

Jeffers and Nonda were useless, Derbyshire ran his heart out again and McCarthy although frustrating at times held the ball up well at times. Tugay's usual passing was a bit off too.

Apart from the sound of Nonda's comical effort did we have any real chances? I'm not sure if I can cringe through football first watching smug Jose and the boys.

nelsen header, cleared off the line in the 1st couple of mins. 2 mccarthy headers,1 wide 1 saved. a last-ditch essien tackle. derbs'1 off the line and nonda's party-piece.

Decent performance. We have played far far worse this season and this was against the champions.

I thought that we kept possession well in general and created chances but at this level you cant miss chances against the champions and expect to get something out of it. If Chelsea took their chances they could have won by 5 or 6 easily.

Positives: Warnocks first half display, Tugay yet again the master, Nelsen was good overall, but still rusty.

Negatives: Emerton was poor in my eyes, lack of central midfield partner for Tugay, Our poor finishing.

We were good in the first half, should have had a penalty and Chelsea should have had 1 man sent off. In the second half we were poor imo.

Positives:

Warnock seems like a real quality player.

Nelsen getting 90 minutes and looking good.

Negatives:

Emerton and Henchoz were all over the place. Every attack from chelsea came on our right side.

Gallagher, perhaps the worst performance of the season by any rovers player. Wasn't involved at all and once he got the ball he gave it away in a second.

Graham Poll for not giving us a penalty!

just managed to catch last 25 mins on the radio but gather Rovers had a good showing performance wise except Henchoz !

Rovers musnt lose sleep over this loss, its a much biger game on Saturday.

Now then...... wheres that midfielder going to come from ?

Archived