BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 Arsenil

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Samba has been excellent so far but for me he is still very much an unknown quantity.

I would go "safe" for this game and go for Zurab and Nelsen.

Agreed, if I were choosing it would be Zurab and Nelsen, but Hughes has taken a real shine to Samba so I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the side. Come to think of it - Just noticed the time, is the team available online yet??

ROVERS: Friedel, Emerton, Samba, Nelsen ©, Warnock, Bentley, Tugay, Mokoena, Pedersen, Nonda, Derbyshire.

Subs: Enckelman (GK), Khizanishvili, McCarthy, Dunn, Roberts.

ARSENAL: Almunia, Eboue, Senderos, Gallas, Traore, Ljungberg, Denilson, Gilberto ©, Hleb, Aliadiere, Baptista.

Subs: Poom (GK), Clichy, Hoyte, Walcott, Randall.

Arsenals team looks very strong, and with us playing 4-4-2 I'm afraid we will be outrun in midfield :(

Guest shoppybrfc

This goes to show just how good Arsenals squad is having 10 first teamers out according to their site...

Mccarthy being dropped doesnt sound good, didnt he have a barney with the Porto boss whenever he was dropped? Cant see Benni being impressed with Hughes.

Guest shoppybrfc

Samba and the Axe are playing very well. Nondas causing troubles.

Why is gally not on the bench, Why has Hughes given him a new contract if hes not even going to give him a chance..

Samba and the Axe are playing very well. Nondas causing troubles.

Why is gally not on the bench, Why has Hughes given him a new contract if hes not even going to give him a chance..

Probably because he thought (like I do) that Benni and Roberts are better strikers to bring on

Did you see Samba just DESTROY Baptista in the shoulder to shoulder? Jeez!!!

From the Guardian:

20 min Arsenal have another good spell of possession ends with Ljungberg sliding Baptista in on the left of the box, but he is outbeasted by the giant figure of Chris Samba, who muscles him over in vaguely comic circumstances. "I was watching the Blackburn/Leverkusen match on German TV last week and the German commentator made a point of mentioning that Blackburn were nicknamed 'Blackeye' Rovers in England, due to their robust attitude - full credit to all at GU Towers for having such a wide sphere of influence," says Jon Ford. "Does anyone have any examples of GU spreading this or similar facts farther afield."

We should stick to 4-5-1, hope we can frustrate them enough and get lucky ourself on a corner or free kick.

But I think we will line up quite attacking, it will give Arsenal the space they need.

Rovers 1

Arse 3

Looks like I'm spot on then. We are playing very undisciplined, our players are running out of their position all the time trying to close them down. This leads to huge gaps for the arsenal players to run into, and to be honest they should have been at least 1-0 up.

We need get less distance between our defence, midfield and strikers. Closing down all over the pich aint going to work, we are just going to make a lot of space for them to run into. Hopefully Hughes will address this before the second half. Hope to see us start closing them down when they are 10 meters into our half, stay compact, and we may get a goal on the break.

On thing is certain, if we continue like this Arsenal will score...

Archived