BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 Arsenil

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Federechi (sp?) player of the FA Cup 5th round ahead of our Brad has just gifted Man Utd and early lead.

Why on earth he was voted player of the round ahead of Friedel ill never know.

He was on trial at rovers too, two summers ago...good job we didn't sign him! He's looking a bit shaky!

I am nearly looking forward to this replay as much as the Bayer match last week. Win it, and we are in with a real chance of making a name for ourselves in this competition this season.

With all the Arsenal injuries, and the comparitive ease with which we got the draw at the Arsenal ground, my main fear is that the Rovers players feel the job is done already, and they just need to turn up.

Sure Hughes will not let that happen though...

Looking the part in this 2nd half, that Federici fella. Not been tested all that much though.

2126: Andre Bikey is booked for chopping down Louis Saha. Is this a Graham Poll moment for Howard Webb? Bikey was booked in the first half. 2026 GMT. That is a let off. He should be on his bike.

Horrible shame that Fabregas is to be rested...

I was looking forward to Sparky 'getting a boot' in on the whinging spaniard

t*t if it got anywhere near the coaches' box.

:( drat.

I'm relatively confident we can do the Arse (sorry) @ Ewood. I'm sure that new ground isn't being tread when I say: We must outwork them and make it physically difficult for the prima donnas.

Go On Rovers, Get in there!

wacky conspiracy theory/over-stating Sparky's genius.

#1) Hughes convinced Nonda to miss the pen v. Pompey on purpose to convince Wenger he could rest his stars, and win on pens.

#2) Hughes 'benched' McCarthy both to rest him and to start the "row" in the media to convince them that he wouldn't play.

#3) Hughes had words with Fabregas after the last match telling him that "true Barcelona football" means getting into brawls ont he pitch, a lesson he took to heart over the weekend.

Now that Hughes' genius has struck again, there is no doubt we should win...

Therefore we lose 3-0, of course.

Rovers hold out for 90 min 0-0

4 Rovers players sent off in ET; Friedel, Nelsen, Mokoena, Henchoz. Arse win 0-7. No penalties needed

MH gets sent off for laying Wenger and the 4th official out cold.

I collect £1500 from Bet 24 for predicting the correct score, and the players sent off.

A bit off topic but I find it unbelievable the FA have banned Mikel of Chelsea for 4 games as a result of his red card. All he did was pull Toure back breaking over the half way line. He then put his hands in the air whilst he got physically abused by the Arsenal man before walking away whilst they all kicked off around him. I'd love the FA to say what he actually did that warranted a red card offence and a four match ban that both Lampard and Fabregas didn't also commit.

Apparently he got a 4 match ban as it's his second dismissal this season for violent conduct, so it was automatic.

Ladbrokes are offering quite a range of bets for this one - here are a just a few:

Blackburn 11/5

Arsenal Evns

Draw 9/4

Bentley Hat-Trick: 100/1

Blackburn to miss a Pen: 20/1 (during normal time)

Arsenal to miss a Pen: 20/1 (during normal time)

First Scorer:

McCarthy 7/1

Nonda 9/1

Gamst 10/1

Bentley 14/1

Tugay 33/1

Pedersen to score a header: 11/1

TO QUALIFY:

Blackburn 11/8

Arsenal 8/15

Assuming Arsenal do play a similar team to Sunday - it could be one game too far for Arsenals young guns. There is no doubt that they had a tougher game than us - and with quite a few injuries and suspensions the changes they can make are limited.

Pedersen first goal and 3-0 makes an interesting bet for me at a staggering 225/1!!!

Guest Kamy100

I am not falling for this we have lots of injuries that Arsenal are throwing about, I fully expect the likes of Rosicky, Henry and Febragas to be involved tonight. The FA CUP represents Arsenal's only real chance of getting silverware this season.

Nice to see SSN do a small feature on Rovers cup history/tradition this morning :)

Hopefully a creditable result for us, although we are up to full strength, barring the long term injuries, and they're missing a host of players. Will be the best opportunity to beat L'Arse. **fingers crossed**

'THE ORACLE' - andy neild, gives his views to an arsenal website. http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav...lackburn+now%27

his views on nonda are a bit amazing :

"What does Nonda bring to the Rovers side?

"Nonda has got a real eye for goal and he tends to stick his chances away. He had a good goalscoring record at Monaco and won the French Golden Boot while he was there. Nonda moved from Rennes to Monaco for 20 million euros in 2000, a French record at the time. He's on loan from Roma and is a proven goalscorer. One or two injuries have held him back recently but he is in good form now."

i'm confident we'll win tonight.

a front 2 of 'ali- heydiddle-diddle' and 'john the baptist' doesnt frighten me.

2-0 rovers.

(benni and senderos o.g.)

If the Arsenal team was fully fit and somebody said you can pick 5 players who can't play - I'd pick these players in the following order:

1) Henry

2) Toure

3) Van Persie - Always scores against us - will probably score tonight even though he's injured .

4) Fabregas

5) Adebayor

All of these are out or rested plus Diaby and Rosicky are out; We will never have a better chance to beat them.

Apologies if this has been posted somewhere already, but I'd love to hear the Gooners belting out this little number tonight (taken from the BBC Sport site) -

"Let's talk about Cesc baby, lets talk about Flam-in-i, let's talk about Theo Walcott, Freddie Ljungberg and Henry, let's talk about Cesc."

Arsenal fans, To the tune of Salt and Pepa's "Let' Talk About Sex." (Nathan Upton, England).

Why can't we come up with stuff like that? :lol:

Archived