BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 Arsenil

Was that the one in the shootout against Bournemouth? Same shootout where Tugay hit the Hubble telescope as alluded to earlier in the thread.

With our record this season I wouldnt fancy us in a shootout. Brad would have to be at his most heroic.

ironic

that was the last home game i missed until tomorrow night

hopefully we can do them, but arsenal may put out a strong team

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ironic

that was the last home game i missed until tomorrow night

hopefully we can do them, but arsenal may put out a strong team

what ever team they put out it will be a good one, i think the younger players they have got at the moment are just as good some of their of their senior players

Against Basel, Franny Jeffers stole the ball from Morten, who was meant to be taking the penalty. Morten told Norwegian media later on that it wouldn't happen again, as Morten at that point was our penalty taker. I don't really see how this has changed, Nonda took the penalty to get his hattrick. (plus, Morten was the one being tripped)

Behind him, I would think Bentley is a decent shout, maybe Warnock..

From BBC Sport:

Arsenal's Kolo Toure is suspended after being sent off in the Carling Cup final but Emmanuel Adebayor is waiting on an appeal against his red card on Sunday.

Abou Diaby (ankle), Theo Walcott (shoulder) and full-back Gael Clichy (foot) are doubtful, while keeper Manuel Almunia should keep his place.

Team I would go for:

-----------Nonda-----Derbyshire

--MGP-----Tugay---------------Bentley

----------------------Mokoena

--Warnock--Nelsen--Samba--Emerton

-------------------Freidel

Subs: Brown, Zurab, Dunn, McCarthy, Roberts

If thats the way it is thats the strongest bench I have seen in my time supporting Rovers. Theoretically you could bring Dunn, Roberts and McCarthy on with around an hour gone and all three would have something massive to prove and plenty of energy in their legs.

Still don't exactly fancy us to win but I do think we have a chance.

This will be a tough game for us but Sparky has managed to amaze me twice so far in this competition, the hammering of Everton and the gritty nullification of an Arsenal team lacking creativity. I'm really hoping he can make it a third time and turn the Gooners over in style. I am sick of their whinging supporters carping on about our 'physical' style and bemoaning the fact that their opponents don't just lie down. What I don't want is a repeat of the semi-final, some goals for us please!

Anyway, I realised how little I cared about Arsenal (either hate or love) after the Carling Cup final. I really couldn't have any less interest in a game between them and Chelsea and didn't even take much notice of the result. I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling jaded with the attitude of some over-paid players. I noticed that the Football League 'generously' put a £1 on all the ticket prices in Cardiff which raised £70,000 for Children in Need. Nice gesture but that takes yet more money from the fans (even though I have no love for any who attended Cardiff) and it just amounts to a couple of weeks wages for one of the players turning out. It would be nicer to see the players digging deep.

After all that rant let's enjoy Cesc Fabregas turning out at Ewood, let's make it a Catalan bastion!

Against Basel, Franny Jeffers stole the ball from Morten, who was meant to be taking the penalty. Morten told Norwegian media later on that it wouldn't happen again, as Morten at that point was our penalty taker. I don't really see how this has changed, Nonda took the penalty to get his hattrick. (plus, Morten was the one being tripped)

Behind him, I would think Bentley is a decent shout, maybe Warnock..

I really hope it doesn't come down to penalties, we've got a terrible record at them.

I'd start with Nonda & Derbyshire they looked a good combination on Sunday's performance and we can always change it at half-time if it's not working.

Adebayor appeal fails and he will miss out.

A bit off topic but I find it unbelievable the FA have banned Mikel of Chelsea for 4 games as a result of his red card. All he did was pull Toure back breaking over the half way line. He then put his hands in the air whilst he got physically abused by the Arsenal man before walking away whilst they all kicked off around him. I'd love the FA to say what he actually did that warranted a red card offence and a four match ban that both Lampard and Fabregas didn't also commit.

A bit off topic but I find it unbelievable the FA have banned Mikel of Chelsea for 4 games as a result of his red card. All he did was pull Toure back breaking over the half way line. He then put his hands in the air whilst he got physically abused by the Arsenal man before walking away whilst they all kicked off around him. I'd love the FA to say what he actually did that warranted a red card offence and a four match ban that both Lampard and Fabregas didn't also commit.

I find it shocking too. He has already been in hot water with Mourinho for getting sent off and now has to endure a 4 match ban for doing very little.

I also find it strange how everybody wets themselves over handbags at football yet when you watch a rugby match everytime two opposing players come together they punch each other in the face.

After Sundays convincing win over Portsmouth I am really looking forward to this one. After last Thursday I never wanted to watch football again but Sunday has kicked me back into it. Going to be a very tough game but I can see edging it with our home advantage. I would start Nonda and McCarthy upfront up have Derbs and Roberts on the bench should we need a goal later on.

Score Rovers 2 Arsenal 0

(McCarthy, Bentley)

Archived