BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 Arsenil

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Benni. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Great result, not a great performance but we did what we needed to. I'm now more worried about the quarter final as we are probably favourites. The hard part starts now. Wonderful.

Well what can I say really? I'm over the moon. Yet I can't help feeling we got lucky there. Arsenal squandered some chances, could've had a penalty and we weren't that great going forward. But heck, we won so I'll save the worrying for later.

Samba at £400k is a real steal. Excellent defender (Whom I doubted in his first two games or so - I've very much been proven wrong on that and I'm glad about it), and still very young. Great goal from McCarthy.

And did my eyes deceive me or did Mokoena make several accurate long range passes? And was in general much improved on the ball?

And did my eyes deceive me or did Mokoena make several accurate long range passes? And was in general much improved on the ball?

I'd echo that statement. Mokoena continues to improve and showed some nice touches and passes, even did the odd little bit of skill.

Nelsen for free and Samba for 400K, my word - what a couple of bargains. Nelsen wasn't very good tonight but he's only just coming back from injury, when he comes into his best again we'll have a massive sentral defence. It's starting to look bright after some woeful defending earlier in the season.

Edit: Lathund made the point previous to me, sorry about that. I'll pin it on my slow writing.

Didn't get to the match for once because of work but watched on TV. Crowd sounded excellent - could really hear them on Sky. Was saying all match that we should get at Senderos because he's the weak link and Benni showed that with a dare-I-say-it Bellamyesque run and finish. To all the no-doubt sour grapes southerners, the last time I looked you win a match by scoring more than the opposition. We just need to make sure there's no complacency against City and treat them properly and I can't wait to see Dickov next to Samba :lol:

Why bother to slag off the Arsenal ? Lets face it we played their second string and were far from being the dominant team.

Rovers rode their luck, lady luck stayed with us all the way through for once as both Dunn and Tugay could have seen red and we almost definately survived a definate penalty when the gay one fell down in the first half.

Thank Jesus for what is going to be the goal that earns Rovers some seriously big money in the FA CUP. from my Upper JW seat I watched that ball arrow towards that net like a bullet finding an Iraqi insurgents head. Alumina had NO chance.

Scenes of pure joy at Ewood, Benni in the crowd, dicks on the pitch !

Great night for everyone concerned with BRFC, the town and its supporters.

Bring on City next Sunday, and the semi finals beckon.

R O V E R S :brfc:

Nelsen for free and Samba for 400K, my word - what a couple of bargains. Nelsen wasn't very good tonight but he's only just coming back from injury, when he comes into his best again we'll have a massive sentral defence. It's starting to look bright after some woeful defending earlier in the season.

Edit: Lathund made the point previous to me, sorry about that. I'll pin it on my slow writing.

Nelsen was the Eon Man of the Match - Peter Jackson's lot went for Samba. Says it all really. Henchoz had a good game on Sunday too, and Ooijer looked really good before bad luck struck.

Archived