BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 West Ham 2

:( terrible result.

seems like we really missed savage and reid's defence. I really thought our recent form will breeze us past this.

can't expect to beat tottenham/chelsea with this kind of inconsistency.

Anyway I'll still be hoping for a mid-table finish... :(

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Webb was incompetant in the extreme. Like last week v City 9 yellow cards in a game that was NOT dirty is a sure sign of a poor referee.

2. If I did'nt know better I'd say that Jim Devine will soon be getting a brown envelope stuffed full of Icelandic Krona. He'll prob get a new extension on his house out of yesterdays actions concerning the 'goal' and the penalty award. Just before the pen he was at it again when he gave a corner for Friedal carrying the ball over the line when it was nailed on DEFINITELY NOT out of play. Not only that the man could not have possibly seen the position of the ball. Devine's mistakes were beyond incompetance imo. <_<

3. Taking all that into account there will always be matches like this where imp decisions go against us BUT TO PLAY FOUR MATCHES AGAINST THE BOTTOM THREE AND LOSE ALL FOUR can only be a reason for the staff at BRFC to take a long hard look in the mirror. How can our players appear consistently so de-motivated against poor opposition? Contentious / bent / inept officials cannot excuse the simple facts which are inexcusable.

Food for thought..... 75% through the season and 26% of West Hams meagre points total are thanks solely to BRFC!

Jim Devine's address is ......................No I'll not tell you but I could as he's married to my cousin! If you feel bad about yesterday imagine how my family will feel having to meet him at family events. One thing I'd be sure of is that he was not paid anything to make those rubbish decisions yesterday. It's just down to sheer incompetence on the day. To get one wrong is careless but to get more wrong is just the sign of someone who, however reluctant he'd be to do so, should retire now.

I've been questioning renewing my ST for a lot longer than yesterday, when the players again showed they couldn't give a monkeys. I've just come round to the idea of supporting the club's efforts and planning a move to the JW. Now I may wait and see how the players perform over the next few weeks. For me yesterday and our other capitulations to Charlton and Watford are not acceptable.

To watch this game two of us gave up a full day's kart racing as we couldn't get home in time for KO. I turned down tickets at The Octagon to see Death of a Salesman, followed by dinner with some very close friends who were celebrating a birthday. Oh and I paid my lad's train fare home from uni as he's skint. So I have choices to make and when I watch Rovers perform the way they did yesterday I wonder if I'm making the right choice. I'm doing my bit, I expect the team to do theirs ~ every week.

So yes I'm very, very, very angry at yesterday's defeat. Cheap STs or not I'm questioning whether or not I should give up my time to watch these "performances"

Paul your comments about packing in are becoming all too frequent and increasingly bitter. You sound like an immature cry baby. Please don't renew your ST cos imo it seems that deep down you dont really want to. Cheap tickets are obviously not enough for you, you've moved on apace now and BRFC need to play out of their skins and win every game too to satisfy you.

Pack it all in and go karting if you want it's no skin of anyones nose. No wait! Try going to Burnley or Stanley for a few matches first. Everybody gets disappointed but you really need to deal with it better.

I've been questioning renewing my ST for a lot longer than yesterday, when the players again showed they couldn't give a monkeys. I've just come round to the idea of supporting the club's efforts and planning a move to the JW. Now I may wait and see how the players perform over the next few weeks. For me yesterday and our other capitulations to Charlton and Watford are not acceptable.

To watch this game two of us gave up a full day's kart racing as we couldn't get home in time for KO. I turned down tickets at The Octagon to see Death of a Salesman, followed by dinner with some very close friends who were celebrating a birthday. Oh and I paid my lad's train fare home from uni as he's skint. So I have choices to make and when I watch Rovers perform the way they did yesterday I wonder if I'm making the right choice. I'm doing my bit, I expect the team to do theirs ~ every week.

So yes I'm very, very, very angry at yesterday's defeat. Cheap STs or not I'm questioning whether or not I should give up my time to watch these "performances"

I'm sorry Paul but your attitude to the club is so negative perhaps it would be better all round if you spent your time elsewhere.

Jim Devine's address is ......................No I'll not tell you but I could as he's married to my cousin! If you feel bad about yesterday imagine how my family will feel having to meet him at family events. One thing I'd be sure of is that he was not paid anything to make those rubbish decisions yesterday. It's just down to sheer incompetence on the day. To get one wrong is careless but to get more wrong is just the sign of someone who, however reluctant he'd be to do so, should retire now.

Having now reviewed carefully the footage he was giving appalling decisions all day long. I have a message you could pass on gumbooys :lol:

I think the expectations of football is too high.

A lot of games are a bit crap, a bit boring.

We played like we did against City, but we won that one and no-one complained.

Paul, put your friends and kids before the Rovers. I do and miss a few games a season.

But then again I don't come on here and tell you all about it in detail.

Jim Devine's ................

To get one wrong is careless but to get more wrong is just the sign of someone who, however reluctant he'd be to do so, should retire now.

I imagine that he'll be well able to afford it now........ <_<

Neill on the crowd reaction........

"To be honest I was disgusted with that," Neill told the BBC.

"Five-and-a-half years at the club, 100 per cent commitment, I've never gone to the papers, never complained about anything and then, when I want to further myself for my own personal benefit, whether it be backwards, sideways or forward, I get the reception I get.

"I think it's disgusting because people have come here and been here only six months to a year, not worked hard, walked away with a pay-off, and here's me trying my heart out for five years and this is the reception I get, so I'm disappointed."

Exactly. Well said Lucas Neill. The ONLY thing that he has done wrong (but for obvious reasons) is to say that he has not gone to West Ham for the money but rather cos Bobby Moore played there! :lol:

I'm a little surprised at people blasting Rovers performance. Ultimately we lost the match because of inept refereeing and finishing. We had enough chances in the first half to put this game to bed - and to be honest (though we sat back) didn't look like conceeding until the linesman decided otherwise.

Lots of plus points for me :-

Samba - yet again another good performance

Zurab - some great interceptions

Warnock - another good performance making you wonder what we have to do to get a player in the England squad

Dunn - don't think he had a brilliant game - but showed in flashes the type of passing ability that (hopefully) when fully fit will make him a great asset.

Defence - yet again an overall good performance by the defensive unit - all bodes well for the future

Has Dunn ever been any good in the middle of the pitch? Maybe we should switch his position with Bentley.

Bad day at the office and some poor decisions but never mind we're Rovers and these things happen to us from time to time. Nothing will ever be as gutting as the Berg sending off all those years ago so we suck it up and move on.

Surprised that some people seem to suggesting a lack of effort from the players. There was plenty of effort on show! Less bustle and more guile would have seen us take home the points regardless of the mad linesman and his bizarre decisions.

I think if you took the time to look- which certain of you have an agenda for not doing- that most of the good moves came from Dunn's passes. I was watching particularly because early in the first half one of the guys sitting near me said "why doesn't Bentley pass the ball to Dunn?" and someone else opined that it was because the England manager was here and Bentley didn't want to share the limelight with someone who could potentially become a rival for a place.

I noticed that this was in fact the case (Bentley not passing to Dunn even if Dunn was in a better position) but that it didn't work the other way round- ie Dunn frequently passed to Bentley when he was in a better postion. One playing for the team, the other for himself.

I too thought it was a good performance.

West Ham would never have scored a 'real' goal yesterday - it took two diabolical decisions to rob us of a deserved 3 points.

Perhaps there were a couple of under par performances, but they were evened out by some superb ones - Samba & Zurab for starters.

Onward and upwards - Rovers fly out to Dubai for few days jolly - lets hope they come back fully recharged.

As for the official yesterday - A DISGRACE - I would be sacked for performing like that in my job.

One Love :brfc:

Neill on the crowd reaction........

"To be honest I was disgusted with that," Neill told the BBC.

"Five-and-a-half years at the club, 100 per cent commitment, I've never gone to the papers, never complained about anything and then, when I want to further myself for my own personal benefit, whether it be backwards, sideways or forward, I get the reception I get.

"I think it's disgusting because people have come here and been here only six months to a year, not worked hard, walked away with a pay-off, and here's me trying my heart out for five years and this is the reception I get, so I'm disappointed."

Neill should take it as a compliment. The better a player does for the club the worse treatment they usually receive.

Couple of things from last night.

I liked the amusing banners in the BBE, read along the lines of Lucas Neills contribution and our performance since he left-anyone on here responsible?

Our run of good luck had to end soon, after some of the scabbiness of late (Emirates FA cup, Bolton away ) etc it all came crashing down yesterday.

No further comment on the officals, it's all been said.

As for the incident in the BBE at the end, the guy attempted to run on to the pitch. He got to the perimeter but found his path blocked quite correctly by some stewards. They then had to walk him off along the front of the BBE, which meant after last weeks shenanigans, more and people came steaming down to try and free the guy from the stewards. At one point it looked like a riot was on the cards, with loads of people swarming around, and a bit like Leverkusen some sneak punches were thrown at the stewards. From my seat in the Jack Walker upper, it looked like mostly chavs. I would say the fracas last week has set the mark now, so it came as no surprise to me that this escalated like this. The main thing I noticed though was there was not one Policeman anywhere to be seen at all in the BBE whilst it took place. The stewards are an easy target for these sumbags, I suspect that if they were uniformed coppers they would be less inclined to start swinging punches at random at them. How many coppers are on duty inside the staium on the match day? Plenty outside I noticed.

As for Lucas, the booing was shocking. In truth he had a very quiet game, his contributions were negligable, indeed his touches of the ball were easily identified by the Yellow Highlighter Pen that the booing became. I'm sure he picked up the ball to take the penalty, but I guess he saw sense in the end. Brad would have saved it! But as usual, like Shearer he had the last laugh. Well, a grin in LNs case.

And Bentley was correctly sent off, two bookable offences. The dozy get.

Was absolutelely livid at the end of of the match yesterday.

If i had a gun at hand, I would have shot the ref.

But i have to congratulate the boys at MOTD for concentrating on how bad it was for Blackburn, and not how West Ham were due a break in luck, especially Lawro.

Even when Lineker mentioned the break in luck point, Lawro said 'it dont help Blackburn though, does it?'

Better than the Sky k**bs yesterday who somehow deemed that it should have been a penalty and then just went on and on about west ham deserved all the luck they got.

Dont have too much against West ham and Tevez(or Niell), but still cant stop swearing at the officials.

'And Bentley was correctly sent off, two bookable offences. The dozy get.'

Didnt you see the push by Niell? It should have been a free kick to us in a dangerous position

Was similar to a few games this season (everton at home springs to mind) where we score and then sit back and stop playing. We looked very ordinary after big samba got his goal and west ham took advantage.

Was in line with the 'goal', could tell straight away it had not gone in and that linesman had a poor game all afternoon.

Very angry with the officials but also with our players, just did not put enough in to the game especially second half. Could turn out to be a very ordinary season if we keep up those kind of performances!!

Cannot see us getting anything from old trafford though please prove me wrong :unsure:

I think if you took the time to look- which certain of you have an agenda for not doing- that most of the good moves came from Dunn's passes. I was watching particularly because early in the first half one of the guys sitting near me said "why doesn't Bentley pass the ball to Dunn?" and someone else opined that it was because the England manager was here and Bentley didn't want to share the limelight with someone who could potentially become a rival for a place.

I noticed that this was in fact the case (Bentley not passing to Dunn even if Dunn was in a better position) but that it didn't work the other way round- ie Dunn frequently passed to Bentley when he was in a better postion. One playing for the team, the other for himself.

Bentley never passes to Emerton either. Its so annoying. Also think about how many times he shoots from ridiculously far out or from impossible angles. He is quite greedy.

Yesterday I was so angry that I had to be talked out of waiting for the referee and his sidekicks and running them over (and reversing for good measure- a few times.)

I contented myself with writing a letter to the FA, although I am, in scottish parlance, absolutely bielin' after yesterday. All of my workmates are West Ham fans. I've had no reaction- I suspect they know they'd be offered physical violence (which if offered in a strong Glaswegian accent shuts most people up- even boys!!!) and chinese burns hurt!

Archived