BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 West Ham 2

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you didn't see the bunch of 15/16 year olds make their way from behind the goal to the exit area to have a go at the stewards while trying to wrestle the lad who was being ejected from the stewards grip. I saw a steward throw a punch as well, reckon I might have done the same thing myself. These chavs have no place at Ewood.

Excellent, Im glad that our corner werent the only people who saw the steward assault the lad - regardless of what happened stewards are not employed to punch supporters.

I remember that ass. ref before and he has caused us trouble in previous matches, but don't know his name.

Somebody Devine... Mark Devine?

Tony Gale on Sky Sports called it Devine intervention for West Ham.

So you didn't see the bunch of 15/16 year olds make their way from behind the goal to the exit area to have a go at the stewards while trying to wrestle the lad who was being ejected from the stewards grip. I saw a steward throw a punch as well, reckon I might have done the same thing myself. These chavs have no place at Ewood.

Probably the same gobshytes who were trying to incite the citeh fans last week in the Riverside.......thank your lucky stars for the police line infront of the City 'mob' lads.....you'd have run faster than Linford ruddy christie!

Really feckin annoying. Leaves a sour feeling over the weekend.

They really are a poor, poor side. We had more than enough chances. Pedersen does not seem as focused as he should be.

As for the officials, they could have cost us our beloved Uefa spot.

I've been waiting until I calmed down before writing this- well I haven't but here goes- I don't know who annoyed me most to -night , the officials or Rovers. Let's start with the officials first, in my book nothing wrong with the first half goal, goalie comes out to meet a cross ball, goalie drops cross ball, we score , it's a goal ! oh no it's not,

The penalty- Tevez ( who was the best player on the field for me) runs out of steam and decides this would be good place to fall over - result , penalty ! can somebody tell me A) what is the record for pens conceded at home in a season, and B) what is the record for players sent off at home because we must have broken both records.

The " goal ", ball not over the line and Tevez who kindly cleared it for us was off-side !

At the death we launch a long ball down field, Lucas Neill pushes Bentley into handling the ball and the ref sends him off ! Bentley not Lucas Neill I must add.

I can' t remember a worse display by the officials in 46 yrs of watching football. It's the only time I've considered that there was an agenda other than what was going on out on the field. ( I saw a game of Rugby League once that I'm sure was " bent", over the years players from both teams agreed with me something strange happened that day ! )

On to Rovers, well we were awful, all those people who wanted Watford in the Cup- are you real ! The minute our goal went in most of the team just sat back and expected West Ham to self distruct, they wanted it and we didn't , it's as simple as that.

Ratings.

Friedel 6 Did nothing wrong, not much to do actually.

Emerton 6 Good performance, again didn't do much wrong.

Samba 8 Star man , what more could he have done to get us the points ?

Zurab 7 Played his heart out.

Warnock 8 Great performance, solved the problem left back position.

Bentley 5 Good player but reminds me of the tin man in " Alice in Wonderland "- needs to find a brain !

Dunn 5 Got lost at half time and never came out for the second half.

Tugay5 Ditto

Pedersen 5 At his most infuriating worst tonight- sell.

Derbyshire 5 Not his night, the conditions didn't suit little guys.

McCarthy 4 I think he played but could somebody just confirm it for me ?

Subs Roberts and Peter , hardly worth a mention.

A final thought, football is becoming a lottery, it's not what you do- It's what they think you do !

Well I agree almost totally with your post Tyroneshoelaces. Just two changes I would make:

Zurab 8 Our joint best defender with Samba.

McCarthy 1 and that's generous. He did absolutely NOTHING in the entire match. Disgraceful.

Well I have just emailed the Fa (not that it will get me anywhere) but I am soooo angry about the inept officials today, ok, we may not have deserved to win but to get beat of 14 men really pisses me off. We will see if we get a reply. I await by my emails with bated breath :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guest shoppybrfc
Well I agree almost totally with your post Tyroneshoelaces. Just two changes I would make:

Zurab 8 Our joint best defender with Samba.

McCarthy 1 and that's generous. He did absolutely NOTHING in the entire match. Disgraceful.

Derbyshire was worse then Benni, yet no one says anything because hes the local lad. Take off your blue and white specs people. Im not Roberts biggest fan but if Hughes doesnt prefer Nonda Its time for Derbyshire to be used as a sub for a while and Robert to get that chance which people seem to think he hasnt had so far this season. Benni needs dropping again by Hughes as well, hes been cack the last two games, he seems to think that wonder goal against Arsenal has allowed him to be lazy again.

Thing is, you can usually deflect attention from your own performance, by slating the officials.

But they were simply awful and cost us both goals.

We always have to be the fall guys against the shyte teams.

We all know that the ref was @#/?, but we should have tooken our chances in the first half. After we had scored i think we sat back a bit and gave West Ham a chance to come to us, which they did.

Bentleys red card, even IF it was a red card it still shouldn't have been given because it was way near the end, that decison showed clearly that Webb was againts us and has no heart.

What happend with the lad in the Blackburn End?

Agree 100%. We should've had the game sewn up by half time. West Ham are the worst team I've seen at Ewood this season and we let them in. The officials totally shafted us, but we'd already shafted ourselves.

Absolute @#/? from both teams and the officials!

Agree 100%. We should've had the game sewn up by half time. West Ham are the worst team I've seen at Ewood this season and we let them in. The officials totally shafted us, but we'd already shafted ourselves.

Absolute @#/? from both teams and the officials!

Of course we were exeptionally poor today. Please dont let that detract from a totally unacceptable and highly dubious performance from the referee and his assistants. How would you feel if you supported one of the clubs down there with WHU?

I think that is more to the point. If you were a Watford, Wigan or Chartlon fan you would be feeling even more sick. Yes, this decision might put our season off of the rails, but for them it could almost ruin their clubs.

I just remembered that the Carlos Tevez transfer is under allegation for breaking some rule or law under some sort of body. Whatever it is, I hope that justice is served and they are docked points in any game he was involved in. It would serve the @#/?s right. Curbishley goes way down in my estimation for accepting that goal as part of luck finally going his way. What a shameless man to accept such blatant rubbish.

I sincerely hope they visit Burnley next season. :angry: EDIT: Or not, what with relegation a realistic scenario and all!

I hope you've calmed down Paul. One poor half and you're season ticket's in question. Bloody hell.

First things first. West Ham were even worse than Portsmouth and we should have been two or three up after a good first half performance. We did score but got a bit sloppy. No lack of effort as far as i could see.

We did miss a bit of bite in midfield and Dunn didn't really get involved.

Then the most bizarre ten minutes I've seen for an age.

In the end it was a bad day at the office. Nine times out of ten we would have cruised to an easy victory, but the officials decided otherwise.

Maybe the number of games we've played this season is also catching up with the squad.

Last night I was absolutely livid, but now in the harsh light of day this somehow seems even worse. I don't want to overdramatize things any further, but I think the glass has finally spilled over for me. I'm just absolutely sick of this sport, I'm really starting to find it repulsive. I will always love Rovers ofcourse so I can't stop following it, I don't know what to do anymore...

The club management do everything they can to attract fans back to Ewood, in no small part because the players want to play in front of bigger crowds and the team serve up total rubbish. It's completely unacceptable and I trust Hughes will tell them exactly how poor we were today. I was going to book the STs this week. Won't be bothering now until I see the team start to play again. Rubbish, they can't be arsed, why should I?

As for the scum in the Blackburn End attacking the stewards, I just hope this lot will be banned as well. Morons who are not welcome at Ewood Park.

How many games in a row would you like us to win before you renew your season ticket, Paul? As a matter of interest.

Can't argue at all with the second point. It's simply embarassing seeing them at matches every week.

you have to question mark Hughes substitution of Derbyshire because as soon as he came off Rovers were toothless up front and through the middle and down the right hand side.

Derbyshire was awful and should have been replaced at half time. He allowed Ferdinand what nust have been his easiest match of the season. Derbyshires done well and he's really developed into a good player lately but yesterday it was men against boys. Roberts held the ball up well when he came on and should start the next match.

Mr E,

How football clubs are owned, the wages footballers get paid and the way fans are treated by Sky and by the clubs are far more depressing than last night's antics.

We are lucky not to have a meglomaniac foreign (or British for that matter) owner out to make a fast buck. We have respectful and professional leadership on the football and business side of things.

The Rovers are a relative oasis in cesspool based on greed.

How many games in a row would you like us to win before you renew your season ticket, Paul? As a matter of interest.

I've been questioning renewing my ST for a lot longer than yesterday, when the players again showed they couldn't give a monkeys. I've just come round to the idea of supporting the club's efforts and planning a move to the JW. Now I may wait and see how the players perform over the next few weeks. For me yesterday and our other capitulations to Charlton and Watford are not acceptable.

To watch this game two of us gave up a full day's kart racing as we couldn't get home in time for KO. I turned down tickets at The Octagon to see Death of a Salesman, followed by dinner with some very close friends who were celebrating a birthday. Oh and I paid my lad's train fare home from uni as he's skint. So I have choices to make and when I watch Rovers perform the way they did yesterday I wonder if I'm making the right choice. I'm doing my bit, I expect the team to do theirs ~ every week.

So yes I'm very, very, very angry at yesterday's defeat. Cheap STs or not I'm questioning whether or not I should give up my time to watch these "performances"

Archived