BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lucash Neill

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/18032007/4/neil...overs-fans.html

I can't believe he actually thinks that. I will be so pleased when he gets relegated. :angry::angry:

He believes it only because he is trying to hide from the truth - He left because he is a greedy fooker - No way did he leave for a fresh challenge - move to West Ham rather than Liverpool - Why? Liverpool would only pay £35,000 per week.

Fresh challenge my arse :angry:

He believes it only because he is trying to hide from the truth - He left because he is a greedy fooker - No way did he leave for a fresh challenge - move to West Ham rather than Liverpool - Why? Liverpool would only pay £35,000 per week.

Fresh challenge my arse :angry:

I'm glad that he didn't go to Liverpool, they are the premiership vultures. They only got Kewell and Bellamy cos they were on the cheap.

Anyway asuming that you are in work pedro and somebody offered to double your take home pay for doing exactly the same job what would you have done? You should never criticise a person for honesty. Everybody knows that Neill only went to WHU for the money BUT he obviously cannot admit publically to that because of club politics with the other players and the fans.

Given the Ferguson, Cole, Amoruso, Bellamy etc etc scenarios in recent times Lucas Neill's behaviour and conduct was exemplory and he should be praised not criticised.

btw This is all getting very tedious now so lets all move on shall we?

Ive read his interviews about the rovers fans and i agree with him. Its disgraceful, He gave 5 and a half years of excellent service to the club. Even this season i thought his performances were good. He didnt complain, he would have given 100% if he stayed to the end of the season but WE decided to sell him. He is NOT a Blackburn fan.,..its his job...hes a professional.

Lucas is an australian who lived in Blackburn. After 5 and a half years living in Blackburn i can understand why he wanted something new...and why not!? I have to live in diferent countries because of my job and i get bored easily. Ive lived in Czech Republic for a year now and im already looking forward to living in a diferent country from summer. So five and a half years for an australian in Blackburn is very reasonable.

As for the 'he went for the money' rubbish. SO WHAT! If somebody offered to give you a contract where your wages get doubled you would take it. He has no ties with our club, he stuck to his contract and always gave his all. He wanted a change. He wanted to live in London. Hes moved to a bigger club. Yes, were fighting for europe and they are going down...unfortunate but im sure when he signed he couldnt see them going down...considering the ambitions and finances.

So in my opinion those of you who think he should for some reason stay with Blackburn and not even consider why he would want to try something new and double his wages are living in a dreamworld.

What a load of rubbish. As somebody who defended Lucas's right to move on what he said about the fans just goes to show the fantasy world he lives in, and some of the people on here are equally as bad.

Yes you gave 5 years service to the club and never complained. Bravo. Well done. You did the job you were paid for - AND PAID VERY WELL FOR. It helped you live a life few can only dream of. But you left. Your choice. You weren't forced out, you wanted to try something new. And you were within your rights to leave. Good luck to you. The money you are earning is frankly ridiculous but I don't blame you for taking it. But grow up - this is football. If it wasn't emotional it would be sh1t. Of course you are going to get booed, and chants against you. It's pantomime. It's what fans do. It happens to all but the very, very fortunate. It's not like anyone ran on to try to thump you. Good grief!

But grow up - this is football. If it wasn't emotional it would be sh1t. Of course you are going to get booed, and chants against you. It's pantomime. It's what fans do. It happens to all but the very, very fortunate.

But if Christian Dailly had been playing he would not have been booed at all would he? Or is he just one of the very very fortunate ones?

horse poo.

Lucash's comments border on th ridiculous.

All he forgot to mention was that he DID move for the money and that he DOES suffer from delusions of grandeur.

I am sorry but as much as I enkoyed his stint in a Rovers shirt, the man has shown himself to be a true ar$ehole of the highest order.

Players should take it as a good sign. As Montgomerie always says when asked about his treatment in the United States, they wouldn't bother with you unless you are a good player. People booed Neill because he is a good player and one many were sad to see leave. Personally I wouldn't have done it and I think it is rather pointless, but he has to understand it is part of football.

i cant disagree with anything he says :

"I was disgusted with the reception I got," ...

understandable.

"I had five-and-a-half years at the club.

he did

"I was always committed to Blackburn and never complained about anything.

true

"Then when I want to further myself, I get that kind of reception.

true

"

People have come here for six months, a year, not tried hard and walked away with a pay-off.

true

"Here's me, who has tried his heart out, getting a reception like that. I am very disappointed."

understandable.

But if Christian Dailly had been playing he would not have been booed at all would he? Or is he just one of the very very fortunate ones?

Cant really remember the circumstances behind Dailly's departure. I am pretty sure he didn't become Mr Bigtime after one decent season, throw the captaincy in our face, turn down the "boyhood heroes" he and his agent had been panting around for months, sling his hook to relegation threatened West Ham for the brass and then invoke the ghost of Bobby Moore by way of justification.

I just dont remember Christian Dailly being a t*** like that.

I'd boo him. he was rubbish for us.

as for lucas, some people need to remember that most players play football because it is a job that pays silly money. to be offered twice your wages to play first team football is a no brainer, and to be slightly upset about the petty small mindedness of some fans is understandable. I would be more upset over ferguson or dunns behaviour and leaving than lucas` behaviour.

As I recall, Dailly was sold which puts a different spin on things.

Overall, booing former players is part of the game, in the same way that earning 60 grand a week appears to be. As I said, there aren't many people would turn down the money but don't whine about getting booed - it's happened to better than you (Shearer) in the past and it'll happen to better than you in the future. And when you leave West Ham to return to the premiership, it'll happen again!

The way the Rovers fans' treated Lucas Neill on saturday was a disgrace. More enthusiastic about slating a former player, who did well for us, than supporting our team which is why most of us usually go to Ewood Park for anyway. I fully understand Neill's reaction

Get yourself sorted out, and get behind our team :brfc:

I always think that cruelly taunting the opposition should wait for us to be actually winning, and preferably about 4-0 up.

Agreed. Unfortunately, however, the sense in that statement is beyond more than a few of our fans...... <_<

It always makes me cringe when they start up, you just know it's going to rebound in their faces.

Ive read his interviews about the rovers fans and i agree with him. Its disgraceful, He gave 5 and a half years of excellent service to the club. Even this season i thought his performances were good. He didnt complain, he would have given 100% if he stayed to the end of the season but WE decided to sell him. He is NOT a Blackburn fan.,..its his job...hes a professional.

The way the Rovers fans' treated Lucas Neill on saturday was a disgrace.

I agree with these two posts whole-heartedly. I was nearly sucked in by turning against him when he was donning our shirt, but had a long, hard think about it and refrained from such actions. Then to be present when he scored the winner against Nancy to ensure we progressed as winners of our group in the UEFA Cup, was also a crowning moment. Fair enough his celebration/reaction were over the top, but it came from pure frustration.

Lucas, came to the club from a lowly placed team from London and basically cost Blackburn next to nothing. Souness was the man who found him and the initial fee was well below £500k, but rose due to appearances, performances etc etc. The service he gave to the club was nothing short of outstanding and always gave his all and wore his heart on his sleeve.

Fair enough he did kinda dish Blackburn as a town, but has even hitched up with a decent lass from Blackburn. I don't understand the immaturity of some supporters and was disgraced to have been in the stands when our extreme legend Alan Shearer was also booed.

Can people take a long hard look at themselves and thank the players who gave us a decent service and pushed us hard to where we are now as a club. If the likes of Dahlin, Davies, Dailly get a bad treatment from Rovers fan's, then that is understandable. However to players who have gave their all, then that's a crime! Why lower yourselves to this pathetic and disgraceful attitude??

I can't believe it was mentioned that if West Ham go down, then Lucash could come back to Ewood,after all he has the get oout clause in his contract,but Mark Hughes as dismissed this.He did say, even if he was available, Rovers couldn't afford him.

Why even consider it,that would be bare faced cheek.

I have to say I am staggered by some of the comments on this thread. A crime? A disgrace? Disgusting? FFS get a sense of perspective. <_<

The man got booed for 90 minutes. For which he was paid £60k. It wasn't racial. It wasn't people throwing things at him. It wasn't physical and it certainly wasn't intimadatory. It was pantomime. And he looked pretty happy after the game so I can't see any long-lasting psychological damage. In fact, I'd say he was playing the media game saying what he said because he was getting booed whilst he was still here, so he must have known what was in store.

Yes, he played well for Rovers during his time here but he also trousered at least £3M for the privilige (probably more). Personally, I would rather we'd given him the silent treatment because these things usually come back and bite you, but so be it.

Come on, get some perspective

I can't believe it was mentioned that if West Ham go down, then Lucash could come back to Ewood,after all he has the get oout clause in his contract,but Mark Hughes as dismissed this.He did say, even if he was available, Rovers couldn't afford him.

Why even consider it,that would be bare faced cheek.

Where's he going to play? He's certainly not going to be satisfied with a place on the bench/slogging it out in the reserves.

Good riddance.

The way the Rovers fans' treated Lucas Neill on saturday was a disgrace. More enthusiastic about slating a former player, who did well for us, than supporting our team which is why most of us usually go to Ewood Park for anyway. I fully understand Neill's reaction

Get yourself sorted out, and get behind our team :brfc:

The Neill saga has dragged on for ages, is reponsible for hundreds of posts on this mb and polarised the Rovers support. I am firmly in the anti Neill camp and despise the man. His tirade confirms to me that he is a deluded, egotistical prick.

If I was on 60 grand a week I wouldn't give a stuff what was said about me. The fact that he has spat his dummy suggest that he has something to be sensitve about.

We got under his skin and I'm glad we did.

The Neill saga has dragged on for ages, is reponsible for hundreds of posts on this mb and polarised the Rovers support. I am firmly in the anti Neill camp and despise the man. His tirade confirms to me that he is a deluded, egotistical prick.

If I was on 60 grand a week I wouldn't give a stuff what was said about me. The fact that he has spat his dummy suggest that he has something to be sensitve about.

We got under his skin and I'm glad we did.

And he was the winner.

Well done Lucas

Gutted that W/Ham got a result.

I've said all I'm gonna say about Lucas Neill, I don't have really anything new to add, however I am not going to tell people not to discuss it if they want to, after all it is a message board - don't post if your bored of the subject, clearly others are not.

For me it added that extra bit of entertainment to an otherwise non-attractive fixture - its football thats why I enjoy it - banter. He wound us up, we wound him up, he had the last laugh, hopefully it will be us next time - no-one gets hurt, its a laugh.

I have to say I am staggered by some of the comments on this thread. A crime? A disgrace? Disgusting? FFS get a sense of perspective. <_<

It's a crime (in the most informal of terms) to the true tradition of Blackburn Rovers.

There has been some decent players who have gave their entire effort to the club during their stay, but yet we continue to give them a negative reception on their return to Ewood Park.

We have done this to Alan Shearer, Craig Bellamy, more recently LuCASH Neill and i think Tim Sherwood also got a poor welcoming when he came back to Ewood Park. Some of these players have been relatively long standing, but successful servants to the club, but why do we have to continue lowering ourselves to this child-like behaviour. If these players have left for whatever reasons, then so be it. We have to move on as well, but remember what they have done for the club.

I'm surprised that we didn't give Andy Cole a chilling reception a few weeks ago when playing for Pompey.

Try to mature and accept their decisions. We've continued to be successful despite their departures (well apart from Mr Shearer) and look at the new signing in Stevie Warnock. I'm delighted to say we haven't missed Neill since he departed the club, but I'll never forget his service he gave to the club.

MOVE ON.

Archived