BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mclaren Out

I know some people say I am jumping the gun, but Steve Mclaren has to be one of the worst managers England have ever had! There is no motivation, no tactics and his substitutions are awful. He doesnt have the balls to drop the big names. Lennon was by far our best player, even out of position. So he takes him off. Rooney had a nightmare, but he takes johnson off who at least looked like getting in behind the Isreal defence. The man is ridiculous, and how he got to be England manager I will never know! There must be a willing employee better than this fool somewhere in the world!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard a joke a few months back. It went something along the lines of...

"Steve McClaren is acutely aware of the distress and upset in England when they fail to bring home the trophy at a major championship. So this time, to spare the nation the grief, he's decided not to even qualify."

After that performance today, I'm beginning to think that the joke was actually factual journalism.

How the hell can such an amazing quality group of England footballers manage to put in such an inept, boring, predictable performance as the one witnessed tonight?

I thought that perhaps we had seen the back of sh!t performances when Erikkson buggered off, but that clown McLaren is managing to do an even worse job - ITS EMBARRASSING :angry:

5 games without a win

1 goal scored in those 5 games

Just not good enough

Rubbish McLaren, Rubbish

bring in the not so high profile players! i think its our worst goal scoring run in 26 years despite us creating a few chances today we were very poor and i think MOM had to be Lennon he was the only one willing to go forward ! BRING BACK BECKHAM!!!!!MCCLOWN OUT

Perhaps they aren't quite as good as you think?

I don't deny that English expectations outstrip the raw material of players but still you have to say that McClaren's ability is poor. Look at Rovers- Hughes is a good manager who has built a great team out of what appears on paper average sorts of players. England need a manager like that (but not Hughes!!!!).

I was against his appointment but I did think he might have the balls to grab the team by the scruff of the neck and make them into a cohesive unit. He clearly started with that idea by dropping some big names and persisting with players like Downing. However he has lost all confidence in himself, and not it would appear without reason.

It is now just a matter of time. The FA have to bite the bullet and put in someone who might not have that good PR skills but will make the team perform. For me if we go British the only two we can realistically look at are Allerdyce and O'Neill. Hughes is up there too but I hope the FA pass over him.

Allerdyce for me if push comes to shove. I think the players will fear and respect him. And while it won't be flowing passing football he will be able to make us play good stuff, will put passion into the game, and will drop underperforming big names.

OK I have removed my blue and white glasses. But I still cannot see what Downing has got that Bentley doesn't have a lot more of. Also why Carragher at LB when he has no left foot? There has to be a few candidates for LB in the prem with a better claim than Carragher, Stephen Warnock being just one of them.

Apparently the poor lambs were jealous of Becks although Sven allegedly later refuted he had said that.

However, Becks' omission from the squad doesn't seem to have benefited them much. Perhaps they aren't as good as they think they are - no, I'll rephrase that - they are not as good as they think they are. :angry:

In any event, as I expected, I'm very disappointed by McClaren.

Guest shoppybrfc

What the hell would England do if they had been in Scotlands group?! This group of Chav scum players have had it easy for every qualifying group in recent years, and yet when was the last England ever truly hammered a team?

The forwards simply arent good enough, players like Defo cant even get a game for Spurs, Johnson isnt international class. Rooney is a overated player overhyped by the media and the british public read the hype long enough they actually think Rooney is 'World Class', Thierry Henry is world class, Etto is world class, C.Ronaldo is world class, Wayne Rooney is not ###### world class! If anyones even seen him for Man U he misses more chances then Jason Roberts does for us

And Phil Neville, he proobably wouldnt even get in Scotlands starting squad.

Given that the 3 best British managers in the Prem are Ferguson, Hughes and O'Neil and none of them are English, what does everyone think about the idea of giving Shearer a shot of the job? I know it would be a big step in the dark, but let's face it could he really be any worse than McClaren? At least he would bring a bit of passion back to the job.

Just go foreign. Whats the point in looking for a British Manager if there are none about? Its pointless. England have one of the best squads in world football. But the brains behind the whole organisation have got to be the worst bar none!

He is a load of ######, i don't know how on Gods Green Earth the F.A appointed him, there was no mtivation or urgency at all from the team tonight.

Even IF we do qualify for the Euro's we won't go far with him in charge. We've scored 1 goal in 5 matches with the likes of Rooney, Lampard, Gerrad and Defoe thats just no good enough!!

Since McClaren's taken charge I've taken little interest in the national team, as the guy's just one in a line of Man Utd assistants who don't cut it as managers. He may have had some limited success with 'boro, but only by spending a small fortune. His tactics are abject and his team selection is often baffling. If only he would learn that playing Gerrard and Lampard together just isn't working. However, it's not all his fault. If you were offered the chance to manage your country I'm sure most of us would jump at the chance, so ultimately the blame lies with the FA for not getting the right man for the job. The players themselves need to get their acts together too. Fail to convincingly beat Andorra and that might be (hopefully?) it for "Macca".

bring in the not so high profile players! i think its our worst goal scoring run in 26 years despite us creating a few chances today we were very poor and i think MOM had to be Lennon he was the only one willing to go forward ! BRING BACK BECKHAM!!!!!MCCLOWN OUT

Bentley and Derbyshire wait eagerly to do their nation proud!.

I've said it so many times that watching :blink: E-N-G-E-R-L-U-N-D :blink: in the last few years is watching 11 overpaid dollopers go through the motions who dont give a shyte for national pride or the shirt.

Stick firmly to Rovers.

The last 5 games have been just like watching Middlesbrough last season.

McClaren should have stayed at Middlesborough. Ideally suited to a totally dull and uninteresting town witha totally dull and uninteresting manager and hence the team is the same. The problem is that he switched to England Manager and made them the same!

A team collectively worth over £200M, who collectively earn over £600k a week and they have no tactics, no desire, NO CLUE. No wins and 1 goal in 5 games. For those old enough it's the Graham Taylor years all over again. And for those who moaned that under Sven we didn't reach a major final and we didn't have a "Plan B", well we won't even qualify this time around and Plan B isn't a problem because we don't have a Plan A :angry:

FA Idiots take note. This is what happens when you set the bar so low in terms of managerial track record to qualify for managing England. And when McClaren goes, everyone on that international selection commitee who ratified the decision should go as well

Watched the Israel v England, Scotland v Georgia and Liechenstein v Northern Ireland last night. The only bunch of players who played with no obvious pride or passion were our lot. Overpaid bigheads managed by a bloke who could not motivate me to put the kettle on. Unfortunatley nothing that we did not already know.

I think McClaren is bloody useless. I saw the first half and Ray Clemence was barking out orders. Now isn't that what you have an assistant manager for. Then the camera pans to McClaren & Venables in the stand, cant quite see the logic in that. I think his tactics are sour. We should have put on David Nugent as he is an unknown equantity and maybe he could have done something, as Andy Johnson & Ronney where sh!te.

Archived