BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lets All Do The Samba

Not sure we need to delete this, samba doesn't have his own thread.

Signing stroke of genius by Hughes? Two goals since january, suddenly we look threatening at set pieces. Big and strong (obviously!), has pace, reads passes well (performed lots of good blocks), solid in the air (usually very tall people are pretty rubbish inthe air). His positioning is not brilliant, but then he is no worse than Zurab in this area.

For 400k he has been sensational. In fact he has been outshining an underpar Nelsen.

So plaudits to Hughes who has now assembled: Nelsen, Samba, Mokoena, Zurab, Dunn, Warnock and Bentley for about five million, or about 800k a player.

That is astonishing when you consider that all of those have been good additions. Indeed Nelsen, Bentley and Samba have been outstanding ones...

I agree , Samba is a fantastic bit of business, he's got everything a centre half needs. Every game i'm thinking he's gonna make a big mistake because he cant be this good for £800 grand German league reserve player?? :blink:

Well he is that good and the even better news is he only cost half of your figure thats right £400 Grand !!!

http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/New...1013114,00.html

He's clearly totally commited and the way he celebrates goals - not just his own - suggests he loves playing for Rovers. Samba is fast becoming a Rovers favourite - I cant remember the last time a new player slotted in so quickly and became one of the first names on the teamsheet after signing as a squad player. Another astute signing by Hughes, and ended up as a vital solid influence in the heart of defence with Nelsen not quite back to strength after his injury, Zurab in and out of the team, and Todd apparently out of favour for good now.

Thought he deserved man of the match last night but I suppose the Roberts thing was also partly influenced by the goal and performance on Sunday too. Anyone else laugh at the photo of the mascot with Samba in last night's programme? Had my son laughing for about 5 mins.

He's clearly totally commited and the way he celebrates goals - not just his own - suggests he loves playing for Rovers. Samba is fast becoming a Rovers favourite - I cant remember the last time a new player slotted in so quickly and became one of the first names on the teamsheet after signing as a squad player. Another astute signing by Hughes, and ended up as a vital solid influence in the heart of defence with Nelsen not quite back to strength after his injury, Zurab in and out of the team, and Todd apparently out of favour for good now.

I think a good number of Hughes's signings have slotted right into the team, which is a credit to both his eye for talent and the training regime they have in place. Keep in mind that Todd has only just come back from injury though, although it is unlikely that he'll get any games before the end of the season.

Good in the tackle, good in the air, good in set-pieces......just needs to practice getting on buses ;)

What struck me about the video of Samba's getting on the coach was that he had forgotten which country he was in-he had gone to the side of the coach where you would get on a left hand drive coach, such as in France.

What struck me about the video of Samba's getting on the coach was that he had forgotten which country he was in-he had gone to the side of the coach where you would get on a left hand drive coach, such as in France.

well, can't blame him really. you british fools are driving on the wrong side!

Because Samba is still young and "learning his trade". If you look at our last 15 goals conceded, Samba has been at fault for a lot of them.

Still think he will be an excellent defender for us, but he looked a bit shaky yesterday for some reason.

To be fair, yesterday's goal bounced very slowly over the heads of our entire defence and midfield. I especially remember the glaikit look on MGP's face as he watched it on its way. Don't think Samba was at fault for that at all.

Archived