BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Window

has the summer window been a success for rovers?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Have your say on the summer transfer window.

• Should have had more cash to spend. Almost everyone else did.
    • money badly used.
    • As much as I expected.
    • Quite good business.
    • Excellent business
    • Doesn't get any better.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A world class DM, 1 19 year old sensation and 1 20 year old sensation. Sounds like a bargain to me. After buying Ronaldo i don't think we can question RFW's younger signings, however still theres always kleberson.

I'm not questioning the quality of the signings, just the vast difference in funds available to certain teams. No wonder it's a two horse race.

No big loss, we have appropriate cover there now

in other news 8 million for Scott Parker to West Ham haha

and does anyone else think E'to and 17 million for Henry is a really good deal? cos i do

Personally, I think Parker is well worth £8 million. I think he's a better player than Hargreaves, who went for £17 million, and Barton, who is probably going to move for £4 - 6 million. He's just a very disloyal and greedy @#/?.

On the Henry / Eto'o deal, well I think Arsenal should definately accept that. Henry, there is no doubt, is still an incredible player, but I would argue is becoming more injury prone and is not quite what he was two seasons back. He probably has another two seasons at his current ability and to get a deal for him at this stage could be very good business. Eto'o is young and also an excellent player. Arsenal could bring in some superb players with the cash, also.

Koumas is a similar player to Reid so dont think we need him.

I'd like Hughes to buy players who would improve our 1st team, not our bench.

Koumas is nothing like Reid. He's probably similar to Dunny if anything. I think he's excellent but not sure he'd hack it in the prem. Worth a punt if he's cheap.

Koumas is nothing like Reid. He's probably similar to Dunny if anything. I think he's excellent but not sure he'd hack it in the prem. Worth a punt if he's cheap.

Sorry to be pedantic, but surely an excellent player, playing in England already, would be able to hack it in the Premiership? I think he is an excellent championship player and I have a feeling that he will do well in the Premiership again next season.

If anyone thinks we will be getting him cheap they are deluding themselves (unless he has a clause in his contract ).WBA are an extremley well run club & have excellent finances . I woudnt expect koumas to go for anthing less than 3-4 million this is on the back as him been voted as the best player outside the Prem Look at how much Knobend ( worse finances than WBA) want for the overated nugent 7-8mill ?

But as we know, when a player wants out, hands can get forced to sell players for less than the ideal fee....

If we were to keep Benni at the club "against his will" then would his performances drop? Maybe he would think about it but if he did then surely that would just about end any chance of him moving to a champions league club or at least make them consider a move very carefully. Second season blues and all that! :rover:

Sorry to be pedantic, but surely an excellent player, playing in England already, would be able to hack it in the Premiership? I think he is an excellent championship player and I have a feeling that he will do well in the Premiership again next season.

I personally think he's an excellent players but as he's only played against Championship players on a regular basis it's difficult to know if he will step up, that was my point.

As for the price, the other year he was farmed out to Cardiff after a fallout and nearly joined them for next to nothing. I wasn't aware he'd signed a new contract after that and I reckon he could go for around £2m if not less.

I've always been a bit non-committed when it came to Koumas. He shows flashes and has ability, but is he better than Dunn who also shows flashes and has ability. With Dunn it's his age, fitness, injury past. With koumas it's a mental thing, I guess. With Sparky, however, I think he can pull a Bentley-esque move and get the best out of him. I say get him in for that 3-4 million unless of course Sparky has other options overseas. Koumas may never have the ability to replace the Turkish Maestro, but I have more faith in him than Dunny, I'm afraid to say.

On the striker front, I'm almost inclined to let Benni go now. We all know a footballer's loyalty these days is to himself and going from comfy Blackburn to the riches of Chelsea is a natural progression. I would love for him to stay but I would like that to come from him and not from Management. When players (usually strikers) get peeved at not getting their move their performance tends to drop and the commintment that Hughes requires of his players isn't there. Even though he's a moneygrubber Lucash did put in a few good performances despite the Want Out rants. I just find myself apathetic over Benni and Bellamy. I'd LOVE to have those two up front together, but if it cannot be, it cannot be. It didn't work out the summer of 2005, and I guess it won't happen again.

Is my apathy towards this whole situation fueled by Sparky's miraculous finds and getting the best out of his players? Maybe, but I just have no patience for moody footy players. They make their money and should either be grateful or quiet about their team, team-mates and professional goals.

I've always been a bit non-committed when it came to Koumas. He shows flashes and has ability, but is he better than Dunn who also shows flashes and has ability. With Dunn it's his age, fitness, injury past. With koumas it's a mental thing, I guess. With Sparky, however, I think he can pull a Bentley-esque move and get the best out of him. I say get him in for that 3-4 million unless of course Sparky has other options overseas. Koumas may never have the ability to replace the Turkish Maestro, but I have more faith in him than Dunny, I'm afraid to say.

On the striker front, I'm almost inclined to let Benni go now. We all know a footballer's loyalty these days is to himself and going from comfy Blackburn to the riches of Chelsea is a natural progression. I would love for him to stay but I would like that to come from him and not from Management. When players (usually strikers) get peeved at not getting their move their performance tends to drop and the commintment that Hughes requires of his players isn't there. Even though he's a moneygrubber Lucash did put in a few good performances despite the Want Out rants. I just find myself apathetic over Benni and Bellamy. I'd LOVE to have those two up front together, but if it cannot be, it cannot be. It didn't work out the summer of 2005, and I guess it won't happen again.

Is my apathy towards this whole situation fueled by Sparky's miraculous finds and getting the best out of his players? Maybe, but I just have no patience for moody footy players. They make their money and should either be grateful or quiet about their team, team-mates and professional goals.

I pretty much agree with all of that. Koumas seems a more exciting player than Dunn.

Just noticed a little snippet in this morning's Sun claiming that Ipswich have upped their offer for Jeffers from 350k to 500k.

Snap both of their arms off at the goddam elbows before they come to their senses!

I agree but i get the feeling that rovers are holding out for more, maybe in terms of add ons but 500k is a good profit.

I've said it before but I'll say it again. Rovers hold ALL the cards in regard to Benni staying/leaving. Assuming MH wants Benni to stay but because he wants out he throws a hissy fit: All MH has to do is decide if he wants to play him, and if he does he puts him in the team. Now Benni can either play to his best to show the world how good he is, and therefore Rovers benefit; or he can sulk and play poorly; in which case any club that is thinking of signing him will look elsewhere. Also remember he is almost 30 now, he only has one more season at the most when any CL side would even think about it.

Regarding our Bentley's, MGP's and McCarthy's it is one down, four to go.

Four to go? Apart from potentially Pedersen, I don't see how you can include Spurs, as I'm assuming you are. Blatantly, neither Bentley nor Benni would have any intention of moving there.

Just noticed a little snippet in this morning's Sun claiming that Ipswich have upped their offer for Jeffers from 350k to 500k.

Snap both of their arms off at the goddam elbows before they come to their senses!

Can't agree with that. I'd much rather give him another year out on loan at Ipswich and see what happens. He's still young enough to come good and undoubtedly has talent, he just needs to rediscover it. It seemed like he was doing that for them towards the end of the season, if he was to bag 20+ goals at Championship level next year it would be nice to have a player like that coming back to us in the Summer.

As for Koumas, I too would be delighted if we were to go for him, he's a very very talented player. If we sign just Bellamy and Koumas this Summer (surely an outlay of £10m maximum) and keep the rest of the squad intact I'd be over the moon.

Archived