BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Window

has the summer window been a success for rovers?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Have your say on the summer transfer window.

• Should have had more cash to spend. Almost everyone else did.
    • money badly used.
    • As much as I expected.
    • Quite good business.
    • Excellent business
    • Doesn't get any better.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rovers only?

I have a non Rover one regarding Thierry Henry. Apparently he's not for sale, for the third summer running. Henry's staying as usual. Is the media really that lazy? I'll wait for the Benni to wherever, MGP to Spurs/Man U, and all those dodgy foreigners supposed to be coming to Ewood. With no World Cup or Euro Champs to keep people entertained this could be a very long break.

Rovers only?

I have a non Rover one regarding Thierry Henry. Apparently he's not for sale, for the third summer running. Henry's staying as usual. Is the media really that lazy? I'll wait for the Benni to wherever, MGP to Spurs/Man U, and all those dodgy foreigners supposed to be coming to Ewood. With no World Cup or Euro Champs to keep people entertained this could be a very long break.

Francis Jeffers is back at Ewood,but the Ipswich manager wants to make him his top target in their spending.

He's rreally impressed at at Ipswich.I'm sure if the price is right ,then Rovers will let him go.

Mods/admin have just discussed this and are in favour of having the same lay out as the last transfer window.

So we will make this topic the one for general transfer talk and will pin one for links only.

Francis Jeffers is back at Ewood,but the Ipswich manager wants to make him his top target in their spending.

He's rreally impressed at at Ipswich.I'm sure if the price is right ,then Rovers will let him go.

A Shefki Kuqiesque deal would suit me just fine

Also, life is worth living again, the transfer rumour thread is back

Id like to see in either a pacy forward: Bellamy, cisse or palacio ( boca looked goo in the world cup & libertadores or strong/ target man type with a decent touch i.e asthon. Also a replacement for tugay.Ive always liked snejder but probably too much £ for us

Players out

Enks

Henchoz

Gray

Jeffers

Todd

Id like to see in either a pacy forward: Bellamy, cisse or palacio ( boca looked goo in the world cup & libertadores or strong/ target man type with a decent touch i.e asthon. Also a replacement for tugay.Ive always liked snejder but probably too much £ for us

Players out

Enks

Henchoz

Gray

Jeffers

Todd

Sonic wont be going anywhere because he has just signed a new contract

One could argue that it's a bit pointless having two threads for football transfers. I understand that people don't want to trawl through transfer 'gossip' but to be fair half of the links that will get put on the other thread are just as reliable as say, my granny.

Just my opinion. Go easy on the beating.

But the other is only links, this one is discussion. Don't you remember when we were getting 5 pages a day of people arguing about the players being linked? If you don't, just give it a month or 2. It's hard to trawl through all of that when you are in a hurry and just want to see what the latest rumors are.

Is this champ manager?

but seriously, i dunno, not seen or heard much of him since he nearly joined Man U

Bizarrely, he moved to Real Salt Lake instead.

By the way, who is 'Sonic'?

Sorry, Sonic the Henchoz :ph34r:

thats terrible...

Henchoz will stay, Todd will go as him and Sparky clearly aren't seeing eye to eye. THat will give us Nelsen, Samba, Henchoz, Zurab, Ooijer to choose from at the back- a very healthy lineup.

As for who we should sign: I would basically look to bring in Bellamy. Apart from him I just can't think of anyone who a) would improve our first XI B) we mightbe able to afford and c) might actually want to come to Rovers.

However, Sparky seems to have a very good scouting network and a very good ability/method to assess players so i am sure he will suprise us. Ooijer, Nelsen, Mokoena and Roberts all turned up without much forewarning if i remember correctly.

One could argue that it's a bit pointless having two threads for football transfers. I understand that people don't want to trawl through transfer 'gossip' but to be fair half of the links that will get put on the other thread are just as reliable as say, my granny.

Just my opinion. Go easy on the beating.

The other transfer thread is perfect for people who don't have time to trawl through all the opinions. They can look and check the links quickly.

Also, life is worth living again, the transfer rumour thread is back

Ah summer! The utter boredom of life without football for three agonising months; endless pointless rumours; several pages per day of mostly arguements and opinions and picking on the latest hack who makes the transfer rumour thread his own personal soap box. Don't you just love it? :rolleyes:^_^

Think I will be sticking to the "links only" thread this time around (a good idea that). Life's too short otherwise.

Ah summer! The utter boredom of life without football for three agonising months; endless pointless rumours; several pages per day of mostly arguements and opinions and picking on the latest hack who makes the transfer rumour thread his own personal soap box. Don't you just love it? :rolleyes:^_^

Think I will be sticking to the "links only" thread this time around (a good idea that). Life's too short otherwise.

B..B...But... theres DRAMA to be had

Archived