BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Window

has the summer window been a success for rovers?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Have your say on the summer transfer window.

• Should have had more cash to spend. Almost everyone else did.
    • money badly used.
    • As much as I expected.
    • Quite good business.
    • Excellent business
    • Doesn't get any better.

If we could start next season with either Benni or Bellers, who would people want? Personally I'd prefer Benni as he'll not suffer injuries as frequently, but Bellers without doubt drives the side on and contributes more. Generally if we could go into next seasonw ith this squad, besides the severe injuries we've been unlucky enough to suffer, I 'd be more than happy

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be GUTTED if Benni left and we ended up signing just a replacement cause in my eyes we already should go after a TOP striker if Benni stays.

Otherwise, not much to improve on in my opinion. We got strength and quality in depth in most areas...

There's no way we'd get him, but I'd love to see Tevez at striker. He's got scads of pace, killer instinct, and he's a hard worker. What more can you ask for?

A correctly completed registration process perhaps? :unsure:

Henchoz is going nowhere. We need an experienced defender who will do what he did for us this year: fill in during an injury crunch and be fine with sitting on the bench the rest of the time.

I'd like to see a left-sided midfielder brought in to provide cover for Gamst. I like Peter, but don't think he's ready if Gamst was out for a long period of time.

A few points on some of these posts.

Even mentioning Earnshaw is a backward step - overrated and out of his depth in the prem.

Needing a so called proper right back when Emerton has been outstanding all season and Oojer can also play there

Getting rid of Enks claiming he's cr*p - has he ever actually played for us?

Lower league players like Eastwood and that guy from Scunthorpe, Sharp? Dangerous ground signing these type of players who are totally unproven.

Koumas - great ability but far too slow for the prem and this has already been proven with WBA.

None of the above would improve on what we already have.

Agree with all those who say we should go all out for Bellamy. If we can't get him, I'd still go for someone with similar attributes, as pace is one thing we lack. Camara from Wigan? Kamara from WBA?*

Elsewhere, the squad is as strong as it has been for years.

* The striker doesn't have to be called Camara, it's just they are the two that crossed my mind!!

Henchoz is going nowhere. We need an experienced defender who will do what he did for us this year: fill in during an injury crunch and be fine with sitting on the bench the rest of the time.

I'd like to see a left-sided midfielder brought in to provide cover for Gamst. I like Peter, but don't think he's ready if Gamst was out for a long period of time.

Most would've agreed that we need to bring in a stop-gap striker because Jeffers, Nonda and Roberts were injured and Derbyshire was not ready. Look what happened.

Hughes has given Peter a new contract and made him an integral squad player. Signing another left winger would be another kick in the teeth for the academy and youth structure - and needless to say, Peter himself.

I would like Rovers to sign Jagielka to play the defensive midfield role alongside Stevie Reid. What about Savage, I hear you cry? He'd have to settle for playing second fiddle to Reid. I don't think Reid and Savage are effective playing together - too similar.

This thread is only slightly different to the transfer rumours thread. It's the kind of chat that was common in that thread.

IMO, we don't need two threads, the transfer rumours one will accomodate both. Agreed anyone?

This thread is only slightly different to the transfer rumours thread. It's the kind of chat that was common in that thread.

IMO, we don't need two threads, the transfer rumours one will accomodate both. Agreed anyone?

Agree

Aresenal are apparently ready to let Ljungberg, Sendaros and Aliadierre go according to this morning's reports. I wouldnt mind any of them three, although granted we dont really need a centre back (Sendaros) or a winger (Ljungberg).

Are you mad? Arsenal fans blame Senderos for all of the ills of their defence when he's stepped on the pitch. Think Cygan on steroids (you remember- the one who guaranteed us 3 points when he played against us). Whenever I've seen him he's been tosh.

Are you mad? Arsenal fans blame Senderos for all of the ills of their defence when he's stepped on the pitch. Think Cygan on steroids (you remember- the one who guaranteed us 3 points when he played against us). Whenever I've seen him he's been tosh.

I don't think Sendaros is THAT bad. He certainly seems to struggle against Pacey, strong forwards (ie Drogba) but it wasn't that long ago that he was regarded as one of the brightest young defenders around.

I don't think we'll be in for Sendaros anyway but I was just pointing out that they would appear to be letting go of some pretty good players this summer.

senderos is amazingly bad, if i remember bellamy turned him in side out and made an easily goal for mgp, and mccarthy got the better of him this season. ljunberg would be a quality signing as cover, never thought id be saying that ljunberg as cover. as for that young striker he is awful not as good as derbyshire or gallagher.

Aliadiere isn't bad but needs a great supporting cast. He played for Sunderland and West Ham last season (05-06) and did nothing. We don't need him, nor would he be any good.

Senderos plays with ice skates on. He's a big ba$tard but I don't think he really knows how to use it, besides we already have 5 quality central defenders plus Henchoz who isn't bad, why do we need another?

Ljungberg is a class player but would want too much in wages and we'd have to start him. Maybe if we sold MGP for silly money we could bring in Ljungberg to play on the left, but even then I doubt he'd leave the bright lights on London for the relatively bright lights of Blackburn; he has modelling contracts and the like to think about. No chance.

I don't think we need to sign anybody really, just keep who we've got. We have a very good squad.

Aliadiere isn't bad but needs a great supporting cast. He played for Sunderland and West Ham last season (05-06) and did nothing. We don't need him, nor would he be any good.

Senderos plays with ice skates on. He's a big ba$tard but I don't think he really knows how to use it, besides we already have 5 quality central defenders plus Henchoz who isn't bad, why do we need another?

Ljungberg is a class player but would want too much in wages and we'd have to start him. Maybe if we sold MGP for silly money we could bring in Ljungberg to play on the left, but even then I doubt he'd leave the bright lights on London for the relatively bright lights of Blackburn; he has modelling contracts and the like to think about. No chance.

I don't think we need to sign anybody really, just keep who we've got. We have a very good squad.

I do sort of agree with that sentiment, but Im sure after what happened in 1995 we will all understand that some purchases have to be made. Just to spice things up if nothing else.

1 quality striker would be brilliant.

Goalies - Brad and Brown

Right back - Emerton, Reid and Oijer

Centre backs - Nelsen, Mokeona, Samba,Henchoz, Oijer

Left back - Warnock and Berner

Centre midfield - Tugay, Dunn,Bentley and Savage plus Mokeona

Right midfield - Gally, Bentley, Emerton, Reid and Derbyshire

Left midfield - Pederson, Peter, Bentley, Berner

Centre forwards - Benni, Roberts, Derbyshire, Gally

Thats the first team squad as it is and for me we are well covered, just needs a little tinkering

ps have I missed anyone?

Archived