BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Window

has the summer window been a success for rovers?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Have your say on the summer transfer window.

• Should have had more cash to spend. Almost everyone else did.
    • money badly used.
    • As much as I expected.
    • Quite good business.
    • Excellent business
    • Doesn't get any better.

I`ve watched both legs of the Yeovil v. Forest game and I have been very impressed by the lad Aaron Davies of Yeovil who plays like Bentley. Maybe worth a trial at least? There are still nuggets in the lower leagues and he is a good, skilful player.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thommo is out at Bolton, any chance we go in for him for cover in the midfield and Bentley?

Thompson's knees are clinically knackered which I suspect is why he's been unable to hit anything approaching decent form for several seasons now.

I`ve watched both legs of the Yeovil v. Forest game and I have been very impressed by the lad Aaron Davies of Yeovil who plays like Bentley. Maybe worth a trial at least? There are still nuggets in the lower leagues and he is a good, skilful player.

Agreed, he did look good.

P.S. Has anyone ever capitulated in the play offs as badly as Forest tonight? 3-1 win away, 2-5 defeat at home! The anti Curtis brigade will be dancing in the streets tonight! It actually reminded me of Rovers v Palace 89 only even worse.

Whether that particular lad Davies would make it in the Prem, who knows, but I'm sure there must be quite a few youngsters in the lower divisions who would shine for one of "the other 16 clubs" if only they were given a chance.

:lol::lol: Matty turned down Man U to join Rovers, why would he want to join Liverpool now that he's breaking into the first team and could be a regular next season when Benni McChampionsleagueCarthy has left.

Guest shoppybrfc
Couldn't see this posted elsewhere.

Second paragraph down...

Benitez wants Derbyshire for £4m

Nice to see Derbyshire valued at such a good price though :D (Please don't use that word again) off Benitez you @#/?! Always looking for the cheap option on players.

Some of you seriously underrate viduka the guy imo is in the top 10 best strikers in the prem. At best he is unplayable is hold up and link up play are superb and at a guess scored 20 or close on 20 for the last ¾ seasons. If we could get him on a free and keep him below 40k (new TV deal and all) on a 2 yr deal I think it would be an excellent signing.

I agree Viduka would be a brilliant signing.

I agree Viduka would be a brilliant signing.

Built like a bull but as gracefull as a ballerina, technically excellent and a good finisher. Leaving aside a dodgy temprament and the fact he is carrying a bit of timber he would be a tremendous addition for us so long as he dosn't ask for daft money.

Built like a bull but as gracefull as a ballerina, technically excellent and a good finisher. Leaving aside a dodgy temprament and the fact he is carrying a bit of timber he would be a tremendous addition for us so long as he dosn't ask for daft money.

He only plays when he wants to.

Gamst to spuds, as Modi reported in transfer link thread

Norwegian international Pedersen signed a new contract at Ewood Park at the start of last season and there is no buy-out clause in the deal. But Tottenham know a £10million offer would be difficult for Rovers to refuse.

I'm quite surprised if this is the case tbh. Although its a very nice surprise :) Message to Jol: Give us £15 mill and we won't laugh of you. Give us £20 mill and you have yourselves a new left winger :rover:

Looking at the link and who Spurs are looking to offload, would a Malbranque and Defoe for Peds deal be too out of the question? Still I assume those two would find us totally not sexy enough for their egos

Blackburn and West Ham will do battle for Derby midfielder Giles Barnes.

news of the world

If you look back on my previous reply you will see ive mentioned this lad alot he is surely an amazing talent ive seen him play for derby he is just what we need, he is a centre midfield players likes to attack. scored alot of goals this season aswel as justturning 18 hope we get him.

Transfer kitty: £20m Mark Hughes intends to keep Benni McCarthy and wants Craig Bellamy back from Liverpool to play alongside him, but money talks, and Chelsea will offer plenty. Jason Roberts and Morten Gamst Pedersen are expected to leave. The pressing need is for a constructive midfielder; Jason Koumas, of West Brom, is the preference.

The Times - with all the premiership clubs transfer budgets

what a load of bullsh1t! Jason Roberts and Gamst expected to leave? :rolleyes: and £20 mill in the transfer kitty??! I'd wish :rover:

I would love to see Giles Barnes at Ewood, he is just the player we need, he's got pace and skill, a very exciting player who can get you off your seat, we haven't had a player like that at Ewood since Duff.

We have a player named Tugay, don't know if you have noticed him? :)

Archived