BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Window

has the summer window been a success for rovers?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Have your say on the summer transfer window.

• Should have had more cash to spend. Almost everyone else did.
    • money badly used.
    • As much as I expected.
    • Quite good business.
    • Excellent business
    • Doesn't get any better.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would take all of them, imagine would Sparky would get out of Ferdinand and Reo-Coker

None of those guys could push ANY of our current team out. Are you saying Ferdinand is better than Samba/Nelson or even Ooijer?

But surely if he goes for £30m and the money goes to MSI or whoever, rather than to West Ham, then surely that implies he is still owned by a third party - and that West Ham are still breaking the rules?? :huh:

No rule against third party ownership of players, simply that they must not have influence on team affairs, i.e. can not demand transfer of players.

Amazing I know.

This is what I was afraid of when West Ham stayed up. They are going to just spend spend spend. However, it could turn out to be very funny as I dont think that anyone has shown them the history or Leeds FC DVD yet :lol:

Dowie splashed a bit of cash when he came in at Charlton as well (granted, a different grade of players) and look what ultimately happened to them. Hopefully the same thing will happen to the dodgy Wet Spammers.

Curbishley hasn't really had the experience of having decent money to spend, so will be interesting to see how he goes about it in the summer months.

No rule against third party ownership of players, simply that they must not have influence on team affairs, i.e. can not demand transfer of players.

Amazing I know.

I thought thats what the whole thing was about, that no player can be owned by a 3rd party. If its not about that, it cannot just be about a 3rd party demanding tranfers of their players.

I thought thats what the whole thing was about, that no player can be owned by a 3rd party. If its not about that, it cannot just be about a 3rd party demanding tranfers of their players.

I think it's that a third party can't have any influence over a club. They can "own" them. The clause where the third party could transfer Tevez away from WH, meant they had some influence. That's the bit that WH tore up I believe. The next argument is what about the other party - what did they think about that clause being ripped up. It takes two sides to agree with a clause being cancelled.

I think.

Ok simple really i was just wondering what you would like to see at ewood this summer, in terms of which players in or out.

Its unusual but we appear to have a very strong squad once fit - dont forget we are missing Ooijer, Savage and Reid.

I was thinking out - Todd, Enckleman, Henchoz, Gray, Gallagher

In - Earnshaw or Bellamy, Distin, A new rightback and maybe a new keeper

If we spend all our money on a top striker then I'll be happy. We certainly don't need Distin with all the central defenders we have.

I don't know why people think we need a right back either. Emerton has proved more than capable of replacing Neill (personally I think he's better at full-back then Neill ever was), if we need a more defensive option then Ooijer is ready to step in. If both are injured Zurab can do a job there.

Would Distin be necessary with Samba, Nelsen, Zurab and Ouji board? Personally I think he is a bit over rated, and not worth the big wages.

I'd say out: Enkelmann, Gray Henchoz, Todd, Jeffers

In; Sharp/Earnshaw/Eastwood/Bellamy, Carson/Murray, and a proper right back.

striker would be top priority,

cisse, saha, bellamy and nugent are all very good strikers and will be available.

think i would bring a few good youngsters from the championship in aswel like giles barnes and kenywe jones.

out would be todd, jeffers, henchoz, enks

id also give nolan, treacy and kane a chance in the 1st team.

I just think that against the better left wingers in the league we could do with a more defensive minded right back.

That's why I mentioned Ooijer. He was considered more of a right-back than centre-back when he moved to us.

I really don't see the need for 3 international quality right backs in the team.

True, good point!

I think id still make a move for Distin as he is free and is a good player. (Better than Henchoz or Todd anyway)

I know there isnt much that needs improvement, however every team can improve so even if it means replacing a 1st teamer, then we must move forward.

Flog: Samba, Benni, Pedersen, Friedel, Bentley.

Sign: Matteo, Egil Ostenstad, Simon Garner, me.

Or...

Sell (not release, sell, unless out of contract): Todd, Jeffers, Enckleman, Gray

Sign: Bellamy (ideally), if not then the best damned forward that's realistically on the market, and either a top notch central midfielder or a young but cheap central midfield talent. Names aren't springing to mind, nobody has really been catching my eye that is realistic in the Premiership (except Sidwell, who has already picked his team, inevitably not us, and is a damned fool if he's off to Chelsea, in terms of career progression if not cash).

Edit: Oh, Saha would be excellent too, but unattainable. Sod the overpriced Nugent. As for Distin, he might be free but his wages would be high, something we can't really afford for a defender who isn't really any better than what we've got. Last summer I desperately wanted us to go for Saviola, and he's still a player that excites me, but I no longer see where he fits into the puzzle tactically, and with the clubs Ive heard him linked to now, seems beyond our reach this time around.

All we need is a central ball playing midfielder and a top striker to replace Nonda/jeffers.

Sav,Reid,Dunn,Tugay and Mokoena plus the Artist, Bentley and Emerton PLUS one other - Koumas would be a fantastic midfield option and a cheap signing as well.

Up front, buy Bellamy back and get rid of Nonda and Jeffers. That leaves Derbyshire, Roberts, Benni and Bellamy plus Gally as back up to them.

In defence we have Brett, Oijer,Nelsen,Samba,Warnock,Mokeona as back up, Henchoz. Again there are options available.

Rovers have a squad that needs little tinkering. IMO

Provided nobody leaves and because we essentially have 3 new signings waiting for us anyway I would just go all out for Bellamy.

Agreed, that would we all we needed IF no-one left.

I think being realistic though, Benni is as good as gone. If he makes it any more obvious he wants to join a Champions League Club he'll be hitching a lift there. therefore Sparky will probably be in exactly the same unenviable position as last year of trying to find TWO top class strikers.

Unless of course Derbyshire continues to improve at a rate of knots. At least one top class striker essential though.

I wouldn't bring back Bellamy, he's hot headed and (although I can't blame him for wanting to play in the CL) he has already shown he has no loyalty, particularly towards Blackburn. I read on another thread someone had said we should sign Yakubu, they aren't far off but he's not the man in my opinion. I'd go for Viduka without a shadow of a doubt. He apparently doesn't want to move far if he does leave Boro but he doesn't seem keen to stay. I know he's asking for wages in the region of £60k a week and I think he wants a three year deal but Bellamy will want paying just as much as that too and Viduka isn't going to lose any class in the next three years. He has dragged Boro through the season with so many moments of genius and inspiration and I think he would do more of the same for us if the board decide they can afford to meet his wage demands. If we fail to bring in a proven striker then I think the Nonda deal will become permanent but only if it's on the cheap.

You're right about Enckleman, he's crap!

Why do we keep keeping him every season? :angry:

Probably because it's so hard to find a goalkeeper who is happy to sit on the bench for the entire season with no hope of Friedel being dropped. And maybe also because to find anyone better than Enckelman will cost a lot more than its worth (and a lot more than we could get for selling Enckelman) when all we want him to do is keep the bench warm. Sparky considered it a couple years when he brought in Richard Lee but he wasn't any better and probably would have cost more than we could sell Enckelman for so what's the point making unnecessary and unbeneficial changes. The biggest reason however is that noone else wants him, a problem we've seen plenty of times before in the last few years and one that isn't easily overcome. At least were not giving him stupidly high wages.

Archived