BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Window

has the summer window been a success for rovers?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Have your say on the summer transfer window.

• Should have had more cash to spend. Almost everyone else did.
    • money badly used.
    • As much as I expected.
    • Quite good business.
    • Excellent business
    • Doesn't get any better.

Hypothetically McCarthy, Bellamy, Roberts, Derbyshire would be a lethal looking range of striking options.

McCarthy or Bellamy, Mido, Roberts and Derbyshire would look pretty darned promising as well.

Mido, Roberts, Derbyshire and Nonda might require a big return from Derbyshire goals wise if we were to improve on this season's finish.

Anyone hear Bellamy on the radio tonight? It was a masterclass in saying nowt. I reckon he's off somewhere............... whether or not it's back to Ewood is a different matter entirely.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 shirts at cost price? What would that be, about £200? Unless I'm missing the point, I hardly think that's going to be a sticking point to any deal.

:unsure:

I may be wrong, but I reckon £300 (letters and numbers included) worth of Rovers shirts isn't a bad signing on fee from our point of view! Doesn't seem too unreasonable a request in the grand scheme of things.

my point was that he demanded silly things, and kept on adding things to his contract, just as Jordan wrote straight after me.

EDIT: I didn't mean that as he asked for the shirts instead of a sign-on fee, if thats what you thought ihb

I hope not. It sounded like he treated the club like crap and just demanded more and more.

If we sign him he will only come out next season and say 'I wish I had stayed at Spurs'.

I didn't hear Bellamy on the radio but if it was anything like the report on Sky he's definitely expecting to leave Liverpool. You didn't even have to read between the lines to realise that. Whether it's to us or not I couldn't say but I'd doubt it just because he doesn't strike me as the kind to admit he was wrong and coming back would suggest that . But who knows? Stranger things have happened

I didn't hear Bellamy on the radio

It was similar to the Sky quotes but not in as much detail.

Can't remember the exact wording but it was something along the lines of:

"The speculation (about my future) doesn't worry me because I get it every season and it's part of being who I am. So errrrr........... I'm not concerned and it's just speculation at the end of the day."

All he had to do was say "I'm staying" or even "I'm staying if the club want me."

He's off I reckon.

Dream scenario: Benni stays and accepts that he will end his carreer here, Bellamy comes back to show Liverpool what they're missing. Hughes signs some obscure 20-year old, creative midfielder genius (young Pirlo-style). Todd and the skunk in the box goes away for Kuqi-fees.

I can dream can't I?

i can see the next headline from the rags, mido + cash for mgp!

mido can go and moan else where, he burnt his bridges with us last summer and he's more trouble than he's worth.

mgp is 10 or more times the player he is and i hope pedersen stays a rover for a long time yet, he's a star imo and part of wot i think will be a well good season next year :brfc:

Any player that is looking to play at a 'bigger' club just has to remember, do they want regular football with Rovers, or warm the subs bench with a bit part roll somewhere else. Just take heed of what Warnock, Savage and, if I remember, Bentley have said recently.

Its not even June yet and im bored of all the 'Spurs are buying...<add any top European player from the last 10 years>'

reports. How many have actually happened? Its just because the papers are owned by Spurs fans and want to unsettle players.

I say that Rovers tell them to go away and then hit them for a bid for Lennon/Berbatov/Defoe just like Jack Walker did with Gary Linekar - that'll shut them up!

I've just read the latest links; Koumas and McCann. Are they on drugs? We do not need central midfielders, especially ones as dodgy as those two.

This is turning into a bit of a deja vu thread. The stories so far involve Craig Bellamy, Benni McCarthy, Jason Koumas, MGP, and Mido. Do the press not have any imagination? We had 500 pages of this last summer.

I've just read the latest links; Koumas and McCann. Are they on drugs? We do not need central midfielders, especially ones as dodgy as those two.

This is turning into a bit of a deja vu thread. The stories so far involve Craig Bellamy, Benni McCarthy, Jason Koumas, MGP, and Mido. Do the press not have any imagination? We had 500 pages of this last summer.

I think we DO need central midfielders. Not Koumas or McCann, but we need a replacement for Tugay since Dunn's not ready yet and I'm not sure if he ever will be ready. We're set in every other area (assuming everyone stays) so central midfield is where we need some reinforcements...

But yes, this is the same old recycled links. Nothing newsworthy there.

Not the whole Mido thing again, I've only just got over the nightmares form the last time he might have joined us.

Off the top of my head I can't think of a more overrated player. Maybe I just have not seen him play enough (did anyone this season Ha Ha) I just don't rate the fella.

Not the whole Mido thing again, I've only just got over the nightmares form the last time he might have joined us.

Off the top of my head I can't think of a more overrated player. Maybe I just have not seen him play enough (did anyone this season Ha Ha) I just don't rate the fella.

I can't see how you came to that conclusion. While he is a complete idiot he is one of the most lethal players in the air in the game. Good feet as well and has a lot of imagination for someone who is ostensibly a 'traditional centreforward'. THe only reason he hasn't featured for Spurs is that they have three world class forwards on their books!

Get him on the end of those Bentley/MGP crosses and he would cause some real damage. A pairing of him and Bellamy or McCarthy would give defences nightmares, not you!

I really hope we don't get Mido. Really weird the way things turn out though - especially if we get Mido.

Summer 1: Target McCarthy, Get Bellamy

Summer 2: Bellamy Leaves, Target Mido, End up with McCarthy

This Summer: Benni Leaves, Target Bellamy End up with Mido??????

Good to see we are after a central midfielder, dont know about the quality of the ones mentioned above but Dunny's days could be numbered after the slow unfit sinking fast performance he delivered for us last season.

Well done Mark Hughes time waits for no man including Dunny.

I can't see how you came to that conclusion. While he is a complete idiot he is one of the most lethal players in the air in the game. Good feet as well and has a lot of imagination for someone who is ostensibly a 'traditional centreforward'. THe only reason he hasn't featured for Spurs is that they have three world class forwards on their books!

Get him on the end of those Bentley/MGP crosses and he would cause some real damage. A pairing of him and Bellamy or McCarthy would give defences nightmares, not you!

Agree. A plank but a good player, but he doesn't want to come to Ewood.

Summer 1: Target McCarthy, Get Bellamy

Summer 2: Bellamy Leaves, Target Mido, End up with McCarthy

This Summer: Benni Leaves, Target Bellamy End up with Mido??????

Weird, but could be seen as a realistic outcome.

Good to see we are after a central midfielder, dont know about the quality of the ones mentioned above but Dunny's days could be numbered after the slow unfit sinking fast performance he delivered for us last season.

I think we'll see a revitalised Dunn next season. Sparky's pre-season's have a habit of performing miracles.

Well done Mark Hughes time waits for no man including Dunny.

Where does it say we are after a central midfielder? Disappointed to hear we aren't interested in Giles Barnes, I was getting quietly excited about that.

All this MGP to Spurs and Mido the other way got me thinking - do Spurs even own Mido or is he still on loan? Like Nonda, he was on a season-long loan from Roma, at least in the 2005/6 season wasn't he and I had thought it was the same for this past season. Meanwhile, JAL appears to have the same affliction ref Dunn that Vinjay has ref John Williams.

do Spurs even own Mido or is he still on loan?

Yep, when we were interested last summer, at the end of his 18month loan deal, he signed for them. Saying he really liked the club, etc, etc.

Good God, Mido would be awful. Arrogant, lazy, moody and yet quite talented. A younger version of Nicholas Anelka. If he wasn't such a twerp and put more effort into playing he could have been a good player. MGP should not go to Spurs, but Liverpool may be a danger after announcing they intend to completely reassemble their squad.

Good God, Mido would be awful. Arrogant, lazy, moody and yet quite talented. A younger version of Nicholas Anelka. If he wasn't such a twerp and put more effort into playing he could have been a good player. MGP should not go to Spurs, but Liverpool may be a danger after announcing they intend to completely reassemble their squad.

It would strike me as extremely odd if we let Gamst go, with Mido coming in, plus money. Sparky has been quite adamant before that if any of his players are wanted by another club, there had better be a player who can play in the same position coming in return. Especially in the left winger position, as we don't have many players that can fit into that position permanently (Berner and Peter).

Archived