BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Window

has the summer window been a success for rovers?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Have your say on the summer transfer window.

• Should have had more cash to spend. Almost everyone else did.
    • money badly used.
    • As much as I expected.
    • Quite good business.
    • Excellent business
    • Doesn't get any better.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's how bad I feel about Mido, arrogant, lazy , over-rated tosser, supposed to be a centre-forward yets spends most of his time loitering out on the left wing waiting for tap-ins. An over-paid baby liner, give me Ashley Ward any day !!!!!!!!!

Wow he really must be an imbecile if he thinks he can get tap-ins on the left wing..

It's an established fact that Hughes is always right about everything. Ever.

Therefore if he was so desperate to sign Mido last summer he must be a top player (despite what his performances this season may have shown) and we should try and bring him in for a cheeky £3 million. I would love to see what Spurs fans say when our coaching staff turn him into a 25 goals a season man!

I'd take Viduka on a free instead of making the Nonda deal permanant.

14 prem goals in 29 Prem appearances this season isnt bad at all.

He'd also be a good foil for Benni to play off, I'd choose him over Mido anyday

i really can't see us going back in for mido after all the messing about last summer.

he really ###### us about big style.

even though hughes is magic at getting dicipline into big headed short fused players, i think mido would be more of a problem than a success if he were to sign.

24 and how many clubs so far? tantrums? awol? pathetic moaning?

it's a gamble with high odds imo.

No where else really to put this, but Pompey look extremely busy:

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...2144230,00.html

I think Muntari, Distin, Viduka and perhaps Hreidarsson are good signings...but you can keep hold of Titus Harry!

He has been a busy man. Were looking towards a season where the fight for fifth and sixth is going to be ever more intense...

I'm sure Rovers are just as active yet we go about things in the correct way rather than going to the press unsettling players still at other teams. Didnt Redknapp do the same thing last year with Nelsen? For a club with a lot of money they look to be taking the Liverpool approach to transfers at the mo. Perhaps he's going to do a 'Football / Championship Manager' and sell them all on a week after signing for free?! ;)

Viduka on a free would be a far better deal than paying a fee for Nonda surely?

First of all Viduka has consistently bagged over 10 goals a season for years in the Premiership and I think he is a better player anyway. Unless Nonda hasn't shown his true ability yet...

If we are looking at bringing in a 30+ year old striker then we should be looking not to have to pay a fee.

On the roversmad board, a West Ham fan has posted something about us being interested in a Brazilian. He didn't post a link, and I've asked him to but no response yet. Will post one if one is provided, not sure if there's anything in it. But anyway here's what he posted:

(EDIT: EVERYTHING THAT FOLLOWS, IT TURNS OUT, IS BALLS)

Blackburn Rovers are expected to sign Brazilian striker, Roberto Dos Santos de Lima, better known as Roberto Dos Santos.

The highly-rated youngster is set to sign for the Premiership club in the next 48 hours.

Dos Santos, who plays for Brazil side Botafago, is just 19 but has played for his club 56 times scoring an impressive 39 goals.

He has also appeared 7 times for the U-18 Brazil side, scoring 4 goals, and has also played 6 times for the U-21 team scoring twice.

Dos Santos' agent, former Brazil international Lima, said "Roberto is interested in a move to England. He is still at a very young age, but he and i believe he is good enough for the big European leagues."

But Dos Santos, who is tipped to go on to play for the Brazil national side admits he doesnt know much about his future club. He said " I dont know too much about English football and Blackburn. I know Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea but thats it. I had never heard of Blackburn before they came in for me. Im sure i can score the goals to take them to great things."

The fee for the man who has the nickname, The Next Pele, is said to be a bargain £3M.

Lima added " Roberto and I will be flying to England tonight and we expect him to sign a contract with Blackburn by tomorrow evening".

On the roversmad board, a West Ham fan has posted something about us being interested in a Brazilian. He didn't post a link, and I've asked him to but no response yet. Will post one if one is provided, not sure if there's anything in it. But anyway here's what he posted:

Blackburn Rovers are expected to sign Brazilian striker, Roberto Dos Santos de Lima, better known as Roberto Dos Santos.

The highly-rated youngster is set to sign for the Premiership club in the next 48 hours.

Dos Santos, who plays for Brazil side Botafago, is just 19 but has played for his club 56 times scoring an impressive 39 goals.

He has also appeared 7 times for the U-18 Brazil side, scoring 4 goals, and has also played 6 times for the U-21 team scoring twice.

Dos Santos' agent, former Brazil international Lima, said "Roberto is interested in a move to England. He is still at a very young age, but he and i believe he is good enough for the big European leagues."

But Dos Santos, who is tipped to go on to play for the Brazil national side admits he doesnt know much about his future club. He said " I dont know too much about English football and Blackburn. I know Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea but thats it. I had never heard of Blackburn before they came in for me. Im sure i can score the goals to take them to great things."

The fee for the man who has the nickname, The Next Pele, is said to be a bargain £3M.

Lima added " Roberto and I will be flying to England tonight and we expect him to sign a contract with Blackburn by tomorrow evening".

I'm almost wetting myself with anticipation! I totally agree this is the way to go, like Liverpool's been doing for some time now under Benitez. Pick up extreme talent from Brazil and South America in general, they're cheap and could earn the club a MASSIVE amount of cash.

I'm almost wetting myself with anticipation! I totally agree this is the way to go, like Liverpool's been doing for some time now under Benitez. Pick up extreme talent from Brazil and South America in general, they're cheap and could earn the club a MASSIVE amount of cash.

Did a quick search around the net and can't find anyone by that name on Botagofo's roster...as he's Brazilian perhaps he goes by another name...or (more likely) someone is taking the ######...

If he's never heard of Blackburn, imagine his surprise when he arrives to "sign a contract" when he sees it's not much like Rio...

According to the Gruniad, Spurs are set to splash £10 Million on Welsh left back Gareth Bale today, which is good news for us in so far as MGPs case. Link here.

You think? Im sure they will still want a quality left sided midfielder to play in front of him.

Archived