BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Huddersfield

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy, am I gonna get some stick off my mates!!!

At least I can say I was there when Pederson missed the chance of the century, from 2 yards out!!!

Wouldn't read too much into this result except that you can't play Savage and Mokoena together or Gallagher and Rigters for that matter.

First choice strikeforce will be 2 from MCarthy, Roberts, Derbyshire and Santa.

How on earth did Morten miss. That is the worst miss I have ever seen.

If ever there was an example for the kids that 'You don't have to try and break the net', that was it.

It's always great to stuff the Yorkies, that's the first time ever I've lost count of the score, we scored that many :lol:

How on earth did Morten miss. That is the worst miss I have ever seen.

Worse than the header in the semi against Chelsea? Or the one off the post from about a half yard out against Reading that Bents had to put in?

Wow, that's bad :tu:

Huddersfield match review - players

Goalkeeper:

> Brown – Could do little about the goal after Samba’s messing about. Looked quite solid, and confident at gathering crosses.

Defence:

> Ooijer – Never rated this guy, but he did get better last season before cruelly being injured at City away. However, I don’t want to see him in the starting XI this season… the premiership requires fit athletes nowadays, with pace – especially defenders. He has neither of these attributes.

> Nelsen – Didn’t have much to do apart from look very very pi$$ed off at Samba’s mistake for the opener.

> Samba – He was looking his usual self til the goal… what on earth was he thinking?

> Warnock – Solid; how many yellow cards will he get next season though? He could beat Lucash!

Midfield:

> Berner – I really hope we aren’t going to rely on this guy when Warnock is injured / suspended… cos he aint good enough! No pace, shocking range of passing and missed a one on one that even I could have scored just to confirm how s**t he is.

> Dunn – some nice skills but not match fit. When is he gonna be ? Squad player.

> Tugay – some good cross field balls but quiet by his standards

> Rigters – a striker playing on the right wing.. why? Missed one decent one on one in the 1st half when he should have scored. Looks quick but expect it to be several games before he gets used to the pace of the premiership.. that’s if he’s given a chance to even play with Roque about.

Strikers:

> Gallagher – frustrating player, who I think has come to the end of his career at Rovers. Derbyshire has overtaken him by a long way recently, and lazy performances like last night are not helping Gally’s cause. Ok, he had some neat skills and put some decent through balls through, but we already have a dozen or so players that are capable of that. Derbyshire is the more attractive option.

> McCarthy – head and shoulders above anyone on the pitch in terms of class… looked more interested than usual but service to him was short in supply, with MGP and Bentley sat on the bench playing Sudoku.

Subs:

> Zurab – his hair is going grey, and the top is going bald, and so are his performances

> Derbyshire – Rovers were more of a threat when he came on, and his first touch forced a great save from their keeper. Some excellent cross-field balls to match.

> Henchoz – like Ooijer, too slow and prone to at least 5 mistakes a game. Our new Dailly…

> Mokoena – looked solid again.

> Savage – at least his kit didn’t get dirty

> Bentley – Get your head down Bentley, and don’t get ahead of yourself after last season. Oh and cut your hair.

> Pedersen – Missed the easiest chance from 3 yards I’ve ever seen…. If you didn’t laugh you’d have cried.

Stella - Cheers for those ratings and comments :tu:

I think your right about Dunn, exactly when will he be fit? You would have thought he would have been busting his balls trying to sort himself out over the summer.

Rigters on the right, yes that is strange. I havent seen much of him but I am told he is a kind of Roberts player. If this is true then why wasnt he up front and Gally on the right?

Where was Sergio Peter seeing as everyone else got to have a go last night?

Not that I can see the miss but what was Peds face like after he missed :lol:

Rigters on the right, yes that is strange. I havent seen much of him but I am told he is a kind of Roberts player. If this is true then why wasnt he up front and Gally on the right?

Where was Sergio Peter seeing as everyone else got to have a go last night?

Not really that strange as that was the position he played for NAC Breda. Although when he came to us he indicated he didn't want that role by saying something like "Breda were playing me on the right in a counter attacking team, I want to play up front in an attacking team which is why I came" or something similar to that....

Peter picked up an injury in that Lancashire Cup thingy against Bolton.

Worse than the header in the semi against Chelsea? Or the one off the post from about a half yard out against Reading that Bents had to put in?

Wow, that's bad :tu:

Hmmmm! maybe he needs his eyes re-calibrating. :lol:

We never really had a go, always coasting until addition of bentley added some urgency. Pederson's miss has to be the worst I have ever seen all alone at back post, ball at his feet, not a difficult angle he was square with the post 3 yards out and he choose to welly it instead of tap it in and you know the rest. One rattled advertisment board.

Super Stella I think you are totally wrong about Ooijer. He had a fantastic World Cup and what he lacks in pace he makes up for in thought. A very good defender in my opinion. Emerton's defensive positional play is questionable.

:rover::rover:

Wasn't there last night but I agree with SS about Ooijer.

There is nothing wrong with Emerton's positional play imo - it's a lot better than Neill's was.

Emerton's only obvious weakness is in the air. Surprisingly poor in the air for a big man you might say.

Nevertheless he shouldn't have to worry about getting his place back when he returns - unless someone else comes in.

I guess we just have to hope that Ooijer goes from hopeless to star the way he did last season.

Also got to hope that Nelsen and Samba cut out the concentration lapses or we are going to be shipping as many unneccessary stupid goals this seasaon as last.

I am looking forwards to seeing MGP's wellied miss :unsure:

Archived